Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey guys. Dunno if y'all like the daily Baphirmations but I'll keep em coming cause it's my house:

This hit home for me today. Dunno how many of you have followed the drama with my lifting and surgeries etc but the TLDR; is - I'm a better-than-average strength athlete in competitive powerlifting. My last couple meets went badly and were followed by a series of freak accidents and surgeries that have precluded me from being able to squat and deadlift heavy and redeem myself.

Finally on the other side of this last injury where they had to screw my left foot back together and re-anchor a snapped tendon. If you'll recall that happened after 20 weeks of physical therapy rehabbing my most recent right knee surgery and the day before I was going to have my first gym squat in a year.

So now I'm finally cleared to lift on the foot, but the right knee I rehabbed was trashed when I was non-weight bearing. I spent 8 weeks after surgery walking, pivoting, standing and sitting on only my bad knee.

Two weeks in on the second set of extremely light squats (less than 300 pounds, my max was in the mid 6's) and I feel a bunch of cartilage-ey crunching and my knee shoot acute pain out like fireworks. I limped through the rest of the workout but I'm fairly certain it was more cartilage in the knee socket de-laminating and that I gave myself another bone bruise where the knee is bone-on-bone.

I rested for a week, iced etc. Started feeling better so I did another light light squat workout. Felt good, I was excited. Watched the video: I'm basically squatting with only my left leg and not loading the right knee at all. Decided to skip the squats and focus on unilateral quad development - couldn't do a single leg extension on the right with just 25 pounds. Knee hurt too bad.

So now I'm trying to to get too final on myself but it's hard not to imagine things like never getting to compete again. Never getting to realize my potential or redeem my shit last performance. Etc.

In the end that's only a knife in the back of my own pride, no one else gives a shit. And I'll never stop striving to be remarkably different or great at something in the physical domain.

Probably the goals would just change from squatting like Brandon Allen:

To being jacked like Luke Carrol:

Also I have flu and some lingering depression from the 8 weeks off my feet. Part of my process is dumping on you fine folks so if you're reading this thanks for listening.

If you don't like what I have to say, we can fight. I'll drop a pin MF, say I wont.

Ok bye

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hey guys. Dunno if y'all like the daily Baphirmations but I'll keep em coming cause it's my house:

View attachment 1078891

This hit home for me today. Dunno how many of you have followed the drama with my lifting and surgeries etc but the TLDR; is - I'm a better-than-average strength athlete in competitive powerlifting. My last couple meets went badly and were followed by a series of freak accidents and surgeries that have precluded me from being able to squat and deadlift heavy and redeem myself.

Finally on the other side of this last injury where they had to screw my left foot back together and re-anchor a snapped tendon. If you'll recall that happened after 20 weeks of physical therapy rehabbing my most recent right knee surgery and the day before I was going to have my first gym squat in a year.

So now I'm finally cleared to lift on the foot, but the right knee I rehabbed was trashed when I was non-weight bearing. I spent 8 weeks after surgery walking, pivoting, standing and sitting on only my bad knee.

Two weeks in on the second set of extremely light squats (less than 300 pounds, my max was in the mid 6's) and I feel a bunch of cartilage-ey crunching and my knee shoot acute pain out like fireworks. I limped through the rest of the workout but I'm fairly certain it was more cartilage in the knee socket de-laminating and that I gave myself another bone bruise where the knee is bone-on-bone.

I rested for a week, iced etc. Started feeling better so I did another light light squat workout. Felt good, I was excited. Watched the video: I'm basically squatting with only my left leg and not loading the right knee at all.

So now I'm trying to to get too final on myself but it's hard not to imagine things like never getting to compete again. Never getting to realize my potential or redeem my shit last performance. Etc.

In the end that's only a knife in the back of my own pride, no one else gives a shit. And I'll never stop striving to be remarkably different or great at something in the physical domain.

Probably the goals would just change from squatting like Brandon Allen:

View attachment 1078896

To being jacked like Luke Carrol:

View attachment 1078897

Also I have flu and some lingering depression from the 8 weeks off my feet. Part of my process is dumping on you fine folks so if you're reading this thanks for listening.

If you don't like what I have to say, we can fight. I'll drop a pin MF, say I wont.

Ok bye
Hey man, sorry to hear about another setback. Later still ain't never, and while i hear you on the possible knee diagnosis, i wouldn't count your body out yet.

Having flu sounds like a great excuse to rest up.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey man, sorry to hear about another setback. Later still ain't never, and while i hear you on the possible knee diagnosis, i wouldn't count your body out yet.

Having flu sounds like a great excuse to rest up.

You're right, and my coach has been telling me the same thing. He can see a path forward for me where sometimes I can't.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You're right, and my coach has been telling me the same thing. He can see a path forward for me where sometimes I can't.
He would have a good and different perspective. I guess that's his job, huh? Having a good, different perspective and sharing it. Lol.

How you feeling? Any more symptoms?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

He would have a good and different perspective. I guess that's his job, huh? Having a good, different perspective and sharing it. Lol.

How you feeling? Any more symptoms?

Absolutely, that's what he's there for :)

Doing ok just tired AF and dizzy all the time. That's mostly it though. I'd say it's just from the dabs but it's pretty persistent. I think we're gonna be fine

tobh

tobh

Supporter

Where you at? Put em up 🤜🤛

Overly manly man whiskey 8196229888

Real talk though, I feel a lot of what you said. When I was in high school, I blew both knees out due to years of being a forward on various high-performing soccer teams, and was left with a heartbreaking decision after the second surgery. Either quit playing, or face the potential of going through cycles of surgeries forever. I chose the former and regret it every day.

It's all good to vent, just don't buy into your own bullshit when you're venting. Even that motherfucker in the meme has emotions, and as men we need to get better as a whole about expressing and processing them in healthy ways. Good luck with the vid, that shit's a wildcard for sure.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Got a new phone/camera and tried to get some good pics. Also tried lights off. Not the best focus-work of all time but we'll get there. Scaled most of these down but if you click on them they're pretty decent resolution.

and dat lights off

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Is the whole family sick? Just you?

So far mostly seems just me but my daughters are both very young and I doubt they would exhibit symptoms. wife reports she feels fine though.

Where you at? Put em up 🤜🤛

View attachment 1078978

Real talk though, I feel a lot of what you said. When I was in high school, I blew both knees out due to years of being a forward on various high-performing soccer teams, and was left with a heartbreaking decision after the second surgery. Either quit playing, or face the potential of going through cycles of surgeries forever. I chose the former and regret it every day.

It's all good to vent, just don't buy into your own bullshit when you're venting. Even that motherfucker in the meme has emotions, and as men we need to get better as a whole about expressing and processing them in healthy ways. Good luck with the vid, that shit's a wildcard for sure.

Preciate the words brotha. I have my little moments to get upset but I generally get past it and get back to business extremely quickly

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

This is why I enjoy working a particular clone... Dialing it in to perfection... Every cycle is like a lap around the course.

Hoping to find one I want to work with from either the Holy Grail Kush beans I'm going to pop or the Chemdog D's. Honestly my cloning hasn't gone super duper great so far - I have one that worked out from about 10 haha. My technique left a lot to be desired though so I anticipate a much higher rate of success next go-around.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hi guys, how are you? I'm still sick but there's like zero chance of me dying. Heaven wont let me in and Satan thinks I'm a sicko and has been avoiding me.

Took some more pics of the plants with the lights on, they're generally looking good these days

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

So this is kinda neat too....I didn't think this little feller was ever going to look v healthy again:

But took our time and after a decent top dress and a nice kelp & silica feeding with a little EM1 a couple days later she looks like she might make it after all:

Give her some more time to get right and in a day or two might give her a little fish and epsom salt spray

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter

Latest posts

Top Bottom