Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok.... so your humidity is high for those temps. Remember plants only really transpire during lights on so that when we pay attention to actual VPD. You should be about 50% in thise temps.... much lower than you are. Now at night you can go 40-50% no issue and would be ideal to do so....

Probably the best thing you can do is get the temp up to about 80f if possible during lights on.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Ok.... so your humidity is high for those temps. Remember plants only really transpire during lights on so that when we pay attention to actual VPD. You should be about 50% in thise temps.... much lower than you are. Now at night you can go 40-50% no issue and would be ideal to do so....

Probably the best thing you can do is get the temp up to about 80f if possible during lights on.

Awesome man thanks for sorting that for me. So now I think I need to program diff settings for lights on/off. And confirms why they seem to be preferring the lower RH

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

In case you didn't know

Screenshot 20201117 063122 Instagram

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey guys, couple things.

First off - this look like cal/mag def to you?

@Aqua Man looking at you - I think I remember you saying that most of the time plants need more magnesium than calcium and recommend a small epsom salt boost, right? I tend to try to stay away from foilar sprays but these ladies just don't wanna stay dark green for long and then I see this on a couple large fan leaves:

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey guys, couple things.

First off - this look like cal/mag def to you?

@Aqua Man looking at you - I think I remember you saying that most of the time plants need more magnesium than calcium and recommend a small epsom salt boost, right? I tend to try to stay away from foilar sprays but these ladies just don't wanna stay dark green for long and then I see this on a couple large fan leaves:

View attachment 1056993

i can answer here. Cannabis uses calcium up to 4x as much as mag but both need to be present and available. It should be about 4-1 ratio and the lime they use or cal mag products usually have the correct ratio.

If those marks started at the bottom older leaves then its a mag deficiency as mag is a mobile nutrient. If started on newer leaves up top then calcium spots. Calcium is a mostly immobile nutrient to the plant.

A mobile nutrient can be relocated to where the plant needs it. So take from bottom to help new growth up top.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

i can answer here. Cannabis uses calcium up to 4x as much as mag but both need to be present and available. It should be about 4-1 ratio and the lime they use or cal mag products usually have the correct ratio.

If those marks started at the bottom older leaves then its a mag deficiency as mag is a mobile nutrient. If started on newer leaves up top then calcium spots. Calcium is a mostly immobile nutrient to the plant.

A mobile nutrient can be relocated to where the plant needs it. So take from bottom to help new growth up top.

Dude thank you. As an organic grower what do you usually amend with for cal/mag def? I've heard what seems like generally negative regard for dolomite lime

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dude thank you. As an organic grower what do you usually amend with for cal/mag def? I've heard what seems like generally negative regard for dolomite lime

Did you build your own soil or using bagged potting mix? Usually plenty of both is available in any commercial product. Tap water is also a source.

i am not caught up on your thread.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Also - since you guys seem to like my lifting content - here's a paused double with 348.2 pounds/158kg, Larsen style (no feet on the ground, no leg drive). I did four sets of two here, followed by 6 sets of triples CAT style with 305 then 4 sets of ten reps wide gripped with ~225-ish

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Did you build your own soil or using bagged potting mix? Usually plenty of both is available in any commercial product. Tap water is also a source.

i am not caught up on your thread.

NP brotha quick catch up - this is the second round in this soil. I built off a "probiotic wellness garden" from EarthBox. Organically amended using Malibu bu blend cow manure compost, grow kashi, EM1, and dolomite lime (first round).

This round same basic thing but I've been using EWC instead of the cow manure compost, and BAS Craft Blend instead of dolomite lime.

The soil that came with the wellness garden was simple organic potting soil, not a super soil

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

NP brotha quick catch up - this is the second round in this soil. I built off a "probiotic wellness garden" from EarthBox. Organically amended using Malibu bu blend cow manure compost, grow kashi, EM1, and dolomite lime (first round).

This round same basic thing but I've been using EWC instead of the cow manure compost, and BAS Craft Blend instead of dolomite lime.

The soil that came with the wellness garden was simple organic potting soil, not a super soil

i am not experienced in true organic growing. But how were you planning to supplement nutrients when the potting soil depleted? Is it simply hungry?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

i am not experienced in true organic growing. But how were you planning to supplement nutrients when the potting soil depleted? Is it simply hungry?

It's definitely possible. I fed them with a top dress the other day and they darkened back up. Put down some kashi, then mixed some EWC and Malibu compost, added a little craft blend then diluted about 10ml each of fish hydrolysate and liquid kelp in .5 liters of tap water and mixed it in.

I do a top dress every other week or so. Last round I also did kashi root drenches in the reservoir with some blackstrap molasses and EM1, haven't done that this cycle yet.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's definitely possible. I fed them with a top dress the other day and they darkened back up. Put down some kashi, then mixed some EWC and Malibu compost, added a little craft blend then diluted about 10ml each of fish hydrolysate and liquid kelp in .5 liters of tap water and mixed it in.

I do a top dress every other week or so. Last round I also did kashi root drenches in the reservoir with some blackstrap molasses and EM1, haven't done that this cycle yet.

Well kelp should have calcium and mag and the lime and likely water should. I bet there is plenty present. The question is why is it not being taken up by the plant.

Possible environmental issue? Too much mag or calcium in mix? Cold root temps? Ph out of range? Overwatered?

sorry i dont know more about natural inputs. I recently moved farther away from organics. But the issues above are how i would troubleshoot.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Well kelp should have calcium and mag and the lime and likely water should. I bet there is plenty present. The question is why is it not being taken up by the plant.

Possible environmental issue? Too much mag or calcium in mix? Cold root temps? Ph out of range? Overwatered?

sorry i dont know more about natural inputs. I recently moved farther away from organics. But the issues above are how i would troubleshoot.

You're probably dead on as I had some root zone temperature issues that I recently solved and these were present before. Thanks for your help man

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Howdy folks how we doing today?

Screenshot 20201118 124259 Instagram

My plants aren't looking exactly the way I want, I'm regretting the way I trained them just a bit. BUT they in veg and so we can just grow more :)

In retrospect I think I should have put up a trellis to help facilitate the outwards growth and just tied down the tallest tops. I'm giving myself some leeway because of my injury and how difficult it's been just to get around.

20201117 202419
20201117 202417

Category 7 beans are starting to poke out, I think my wife may have buried them a bit deep but looking like they'll pull through

20201118 113310
20201118 113312

Had planned on not foliar spraying or doing teas this run but I keep getting pointed back there for various reasons so I'm gonna get a compost tea going and spray them with some kelp, aloe and yucca n possibly some agsil.

In other news I decided fuck the doctors timeline and gifted myself the (very limited) ability to walk. In my boot, only around the house, and with a crutch. I already feel a million times better about life.

Ok bye

beluga

beluga

Howdy folks how we doing today?

View attachment 1057364

My plants aren't looking exactly the way I want, I'm regretting the way I trained them just a bit. BUT they in veg and so we can just grow more :)

In retrospect I think I should have put up a trellis to help facilitate the outwards growth and just tied down the tallest tops. I'm giving myself some leeway because of my injury and how difficult it's been just to get around.

View attachment 1057365View attachment 1057366

Category 7 beans are starting to poke out, I think my wife may have buried them a bit deep but looking like they'll pull through

View attachment 1057369View attachment 1057370

Had planned on not foliar spraying or doing teas this run but I keep getting pointed back there for various reasons so I'm gonna get a compost tea going and spray them with some kelp, aloe and yucca n possibly some agsil.

In other news I decided fuck the doctors timeline and gifted myself the (very limited) ability to walk. In my boot, only around the house, and with a crutch. I already feel a million times better about life.

Ok bye
I'd say they look pretty well-trained. That shit takes a while to get the eye for, far as I'm concerned.

Careful on that foot. Walking carefully is no big deal... until it is. I've fucked myself over with a momentary lapse in equilibrium and gave myself a few more weeks of recovery because of it. I'm pretty fucking ninja on my feet, too. Shit happens... I guess especially when you have dozens of foot injuries... so, the odds were out against me.
Honestly, I'm being totally hypocritical and still don't follow my advice of caution when I injure myself but.. 🤷‍♂️ Either way. Take care!

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I'd say they look pretty well-trained. That shit takes a while to get the eye for, far as I'm concerned.

Careful on that foot. Walking carefully is no big deal... until it is. I've fucked myself over with a momentary lapse in equilibrium and gave myself a few more weeks of recovery because of it. I'm pretty fucking ninja on my feet, too. Shit happens... I guess especially when you have dozens of foot injuries... so, the odds were out against me.
Honestly, I'm being totally hypocritical and still don't follow my advice of caution when I injure myself but.. 🤷‍♂️ Either way. Take care!

Haha my man! Yea I set up a few rules since I'm flouting the Dr - Only walking in the house, only with the boot on, and anything outside the front door with a crutch for extra support. I'm going to continue to rely on wife my heavily for help in the gym for the next couple weeks until doctor clears me from light duty too.

In about 2.5 weeks I'll get to flip the switch a bit on my bench press. Hopefully my coach will give me permission to test my max.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Morning farmers

Getting a little frustrated. Sprayed after lights out yesterday, this morning the plants have darkened up nicely but are droopy again instead of praying like I expected after a kelp foilar.

Slowly ticking things off the list though, the spray definitely improved the leaf color of everyone. At this point I think they may finally be getting a little underwatered.

I haven't filled their reservoirs in almost two weeks. They were very small at first, then went through that shocked period when the cold snaps had the root zone temps too low and as a result they have been very slow drinkers.

I don't think there's any issues with the soil drainage - there wasn't last run, is that something that could change in between runs in no-till? The boxes are pretty light and when I stick my entire finger in the soil the top couple inches are dry and the middle is just barely cool and moist.

Gonna maybe not fully top off the reservoirs. I have an anaerobic kashi root drench tea steeping right now. At noon it'll be 22 hours old so I'll go ahead and use it even though I prefer to let it go ~48hrs

Gonna add a little EM1, one gallon fresh water and one gallon Kashi root drench to each box and see how they look the next couple days.

Any thoughts appreciated, here's what they looked like this morning which is about 2/3rds of the way through their 'day'

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Morning farmers

View attachment 1057669

Getting a little frustrated. Sprayed after lights out yesterday, this morning the plants have darkened up nicely but are droopy again instead of praying like I expected after a kelp foilar.

Slowly ticking things off the list though, the spray definitely improved the leaf color of everyone. At this point I think they may finally be getting a little underwatered.

I haven't filled their reservoirs in almost two weeks. They were very small at first, then went through that shocked period when the cold snaps had the root zone temps too low and as a result they have been very slow drinkers.

I don't think there's any issues with the soil drainage - there wasn't last run, is that something that could change in between runs in no-till? The boxes are pretty light and when I stick my entire finger in the soil the top couple inches are dry and the middle is just barely cool and moist.

Gonna maybe not fully top off the reservoirs. I have an anaerobic kashi root drench tea steeping right now. At noon it'll be 22 hours old so I'll go ahead and use it even though I prefer to let it go ~48hrs

Gonna add a little EM1, one gallon fresh water and one gallon Kashi root drench to each box and see how they look the next couple days.

Any thoughts appreciated, here's what they looked like this morning which is about 2/3rds of the way through their 'day'

View attachment 1057670View attachment 1057671
To my eye, this is deep breath and wait to see how the plan is doing territory. They look good enough to me, by which I mean i kinda feel like when i am editing a piece of writing and not sure if I am making it better or not.

Just my two cents. Unless they take a turn down, I'd wait until they have their feet under them from LST.

Others may say I'm blind, an idiot, etc. And they would probs be right. Idk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom