BAR LED- Gavita vs, Luxx vs. other companies

• Thread starter SacredTreeOrganicFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Yeah.. always find the true watts. Or outlet wattage. Or wall wattage. Or whatever the fuck terminology they use in the specifications.

Marketing is a bitch.

Between 30-40 true watts/square foot is the ubiquitous 'sweet spot'... depending on genetics.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
As in this one https://allgreenhydroponics.com/products/kind-k3-series2-xl600-led-grow-light?variant=14031856533613&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Desktop - Branded&utm_term=4580702888816896&utm_content=All Products
That is only 320 watts at the plug per the specifications. You want right around 30 watts per square foot of LED lighting. I would consider Luxx, Gavita or Fluence to name a few. Kind is not known for producing good lights from what I am for knowledge.
Damn so you’re saying the kinds are using only half the actual wattage they say??? it’s really only about 645w over a 4x4 for flower? I heard you could stretch the veg out to 6x6?

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah.. always find the true watts. Or outlet wattage. Or wall wattage. Or whatever the fuck terminology they use in the specifications.

Marketing is a bitch.

Between 30-40 true watts/square foot is the ubiquitous 'sweet spot'... depending on genetics.
40 is too much, I have ran all of these and they already produce light burn if you run them as recommended, that is with CO2 injection.
Gavita 1650E
Grows Choice ROI680
Fluence Spyder 2i

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
40 is too much, I have ran all of these and they already produce light burn if you run them as recommended, that is with CO2 injection.
Gavita 1650E
Grows Choice ROI680
Fluence Spyder 2i
So should you run them dimmed or just hraise the lights?

beluga

beluga

Gavita 1650E
Grows Choice ROI680
Fluence Spyder 2i
That definitely depends on genetics, spread, spectrum, etc.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Gavita 1650E
Grows Choice ROI680
Fluence Spyder 2i
Any of them you’re not running youd wanna get rid of lmk! Lol

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Ya that sounds more like it. You stated Kind but I had a feeling it was King. From the picture you posted those are not even close to 600 watts per light. Gavita, Luxx and Fluence are all right around 640 watts from the wall per fixture.
Wooooow so what do u think I’m really sitting at then? And you suggest Luxx 645 per ever 6x6 veg and 4x4 flower?

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
I have not really spent much time looking at the Luxx gear because of what I know about that brand and I am going to leave it at that. IMO I would run the Gavita's or the Fluence. HLG also makes a good light from what people have stated on this site.
The Luxx controller looks so modern tho and digital is spydr or gavita like that? And I feel u Ik the jungle boys are way over hype haha

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
You stated a commercial grow, so how many lights are you talking about in your set up?
40? 80? a couple hundred?
I work in a commercial grow that runs DE hps gavita. My home grow is what I’m talking about on here usually. I just need lighting requirements for 4x4 areas and 6x6’s. When I start my own commercial grow however could I just multiply the number of lights per how many 4x4’s I have?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Burnz did you find one that is 150Watts? I did a quick search and found the 320Watt option. To be honest the buds look like they are under more like 300 watts IMO.
No it was an assumption.

Anthem

Anthem

I work in a commercial grow that runs DE hps gavita. My home grow is what I’m talking about on here usually. I just need lighting requirements for 4x4 areas and 6x6’s. When I start my own commercial grow however could I just multiply the number of lights per how many 4x4’s I have?
Flower I would run a commercial LED grow light to save power. In veg I would not spend the money on Commercial LED's. I would just purchase T5 high output fixtures and deck them out with LED tubes. Saves money and electricity. For your 4 x 4 tent just look at Kingbrite that is what most on here run for hobby growing. If you are going to eventually grow commercially you are going to have to considered a large investment to do a commercial LED set up. I would plan on 50k to do just a 10 light room commercially. That is just for the build out and equipment. Depending on how you want to run the room the cost can go up but will not go down.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Flower I would run a commercial LED grow light to save power. In veg I would not spend the money on Commercial LED's. I would just purchase T5 high output fixtures and deck them out with LED tubes. Saves money and electricity. For your 4 x 4 tent just look at Kingbrite that is what most on here run for hobby growing. If you are going to eventually grow commercially you are going to have to considered a large investment to do a commercial LED set up. I would plan on 50k to do just a 10 light room commercially. That is just for the build out and equipment. Depending on how you want to run the room the cost can go up but will not go down.
Appreciate the feedback and recommendations my guy. You should check out my grow thread to see my set up and any tips are appreciated!

Latest posts

Top Bottom