Base nutrients

• Thread starter Nesta B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nesta B

Thinking about going back to what I started with in the beginning. Right now I use pure blend pro bloom for soil. I follow Alien genetics and I use Caps bennies. I stop great white and em-1. I want to try switching from botanicare to Age-old. Should I do it or not. I'm can't keep everything green like I should. Just think I should try to go 100 percent OG. I'm open to suggestions. My yeilds are not affected. I always get 2 1/2 per thousand every cycle. Just can't keep it green.

urbanfog

urbanfog

try some jacks all purpose or some dynagro, always comes in handy when I see deficiencies especially of the "green type"

N

Nesta B

try some jacks all purpose or some dynagro, always comes in handy when I see deficiencies especially of the "green type"
Thanks for the reply urbanfog but I don't think that's og? Trying to keep it as all natural as I can. The numbers on the dyna grow are similar to the ageold. Maybe I'll try the Age-old. Funny thing is that's what I started with in the first place

soserthc1

soserthc1

Currently using botanicare for my first run and am having some leaf damage but only in grow - which leads me to believe that i'm just not dialed in correctly in flower yet . and botanicare pro is 99.9 % organic so don't think thats your issue .

Add prim sea green to feeding should help if not using it but if your pulling 2.5 per i would be happy at that and just focus on dialing in - are you seeing the same in veg ?

I would also like to throw a question out there for anyone that reads this (so i don't need to start a new thread) tea's brewing - well i'm done brewing my tea now for my standard 48 hrs but won't need it till 12 am would it be better to let it sit or continue to bubble till needed and storage ? does anyone store tea's or do they use them after brewing and make as needed as i noticed sitting they start to smell and am under the impression that if it smells bad - don't use it ..... thought ?

thanks in advance
SoSerThc1

urbanfog

urbanfog

Thanks for the reply urbanfog but I don't think that's og? Trying to keep it as all natural as I can. The numbers on the dyna grow are similar to the ageold. Maybe I'll try the Age-old. Funny thing is that's what I started with in the first place
bah, my bad I totally scanned over the "organic" and went to the needing to be greener....again, I learn I need patience everyday with growing :P

What about a nice alfalfa / molassas tea? Always seems to perk up my organic ladies :) Good luck in your quest, looks like soser has a few ideas also that may be beneeficial

urbanfog

urbanfog

I would also like to throw a question out there for anyone that reads this (so i don't need to start a new thread) tea's brewing - well i'm done brewing my tea now for my standard 48 hrs but won't need it till 12 am would it be better to let it sit or continue to bubble till needed and storage ? does anyone store tea's or do they use them after brewing and make as needed as i noticed sitting they start to smell and am under the impression that if it smells bad - don't use it ..... thought ?

thanks in advance
SoSerThc1

I have understood only save teas 24-72 hours? so I have always used them in that time frame, but I have saved alfalfa teas for months and never seen a issue, roses, mmj, houseplants etc seem to love it

N

Nesta B

Currently using botanicare for my first run and am having some leaf damage but only in grow - which leads me to believe that i'm just not dialed in correctly in flower yet . and botanicare pro is 99.9 % organic so don't think thats your issue .

Add prim sea green to feeding should help if not using it but if your pulling 2.5 per i would be happy at that and just focus on dialing in - are you seeing the same in veg ?

thanks in advance
SoSerThc1
Thanks for the reply. But I use all the products u are referring to. As far your schedule goes I wouldn't use more than 15 mil. For veg. And try not to brew your tea for more than 24 hours. You don't want to kill your bennies. One time no big deal but keep the oxygen going in your tea. Hope this helps. For me I'm gonna try age old on my next run

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thanks for the reply. But I use all the products u are referring to. As far your schedule goes I wouldn't use more than 15 mil. For veg. And try not to brew your tea for more than 24 hours. You don't want to kill your bennies. One time no big deal but keep the oxygen going in your tea. Hope this helps. For me I'm gonna try age old on my next run
Thanks - i started out trying to help you and in return you helped me - great place huh ... curious thou as why bubbling would kill the bennies in your tea as i used to only bubble for 24 hrs but was glacing thru the TLO book the other morning and The Rev (the tlo expert ? ) stated he runs his tea 24 hrs then adds worm castings and bubbles another 24 hrs ... i know don't believe everything you read but curious as to why extra bubbling is harmful ?

thanks - sorry to kinda disrail your thread
SoSerThc1

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Just a heads up on the bubbling longer what ive always done is add a little humic and sugars to the brew to keep the micros alive and active will help for at least another 24 hours just my 2 cents:D

N

Nesta B

I agree with salmon, your tea needs sugars to not kill the bennies. Check out Alien Genetics organic feed program. I used it to the tee and got 2lbs and 13 oz off one 1000 once. Grant it it was Snowdog and she's a fuckin beast lol. Also try caps bennies. This site rocks for all the info THANKS LOGIC

urbanfog

urbanfog

I agree with salmon, your tea needs sugars to not kill the bennies. Check out Alien Genetics organic feed program. I used it to the tee and got 2lbs and 13 oz off one 1000 once. Grant it it was Snowdog and she's a fuckin beast lol. Also try caps bennies. This site rocks for all the info THANKS LOGIC

That was always my thought, If I keep feeding the beenies and am providing oxygen, why would they die

frebo

frebo

That was always my thought, If I keep feeding the beenies and am providing oxygen, why would they die
Exactly my thoughts........but I wish someone else would chime in. I just got my "caps nutes" and made a tea, but at 24 hrs. was busy and added some molasses, kelp, alfalfa meal and Fishnure for another 24 hrs. before use. How much air from your pump is enough? What temperatures are good/bad? Adding amendments to my soil, what do I need to be careful about adding as to not kill my food web?

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Just want to chime in on the use of alfalfa products you really have to watch that because of the mosaic virus that it can carry that is something that is hard to get rid of once you have it i just wanted to bring that to everyones attn.>there are other forms, ways to get the benefits of alfalfa without using actual plant material! just my 2 cents :D

frebo

frebo

Just want to chime in on the use of alfalfa products you really have to watch that because of the mosaic virus that it can carry that is something that is hard to get rid of once you have it i just wanted to bring that to everyones attn.>there are other forms, ways to get the benefits of alfalfa without using actual plant material! just my 2 cents :D

My alfalfa meal came in a box from the grow store. Thanks for the heads up, cause I have thought of buying it by the bale.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

what ways can u get same benefits without risking tmv/?

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Well just replace alfalfa meal with humic soil, and some triacontanol from mb ferts that you mix with poly sorbate be sure you follow directions for mixing the two and a little goes a loooong way heres the links http://www.bountea.com/shop/20-lb-alaska-humisoil/>>>>>>> Hope this helps :D oh one more thing bubble this mixture for a few hours with your favorite form of sweetner and some mycos and you will be in the groove !!1 just my 2 cents :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom