Bashar's First Grow Extravaganja!!!

• Thread starter Bashar Assad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

So I finally got my set up nailed down and after accidently frying my first babies it's time to start again! My set up for germination and seedling area can be found in the grow rooms forum (I'll link it later) as can my tents set up for begging and blooming.

I figured that my big 240 blue/white led was a bit to powerful for my poor seedlings last time and it also made it a tad on the warm side in my humidity dome when put too low down. I decided it would be a better idea to run my 60w blue/white led instead and put it around 30" away from my seedlings. That doesn't muck around with the temp to much from my trials of led distance, and fan speed to temp change.

Anyways on with the log!

Thursday 6th august/2015
-got two seeds in the mail from a new seed bank I ordered from that I had heard good things about. My tent isn't very tall so I went with 7 dwarfs feminized "hercules" and "trojan" seeds as they produce one fat middle growing cola that doesn't get very tall. Both are "Y" x "low Ryder #2" and I'm guessing the low Ryder genes are what keeps it short.

-once I was upstairs with them I cleaned up a work space with h2o2 and pH treated two 1.5" rock wool cubes for 2 hours at pH 5.9. After they were done I poked a 1/4" hole in the center of each one with a modeling knife, and dropped them in with tweezers
-they were put in the humidity dome that was pre conditioned to 78*F and 82%RH and left in the germination closet in the dark

Friday August 7th/2015
-nothing poking out yet
-temp averaged 78*F
-RH% was a constant 82%

Saturday August 8th/210015015
-still no sprouts
-temp averaged 77*F
-RH% averaged 80%
-cubes seemed a bit dry so I dipped them about 1/5th of the way up in water and gave them a gentle shake off
-given a night time mist of pH 5.8 water @ 47ppm

Sunday August 9th/2015
-finally something interesting! Hurray! The Trojan has pushed the rock wool piece I used to cover the seed and is just barely peaking out!!! Awesome! Let's hope the "hercules" cam sprout up soon too! (Sorry if I seem so excited I'm just having a lot of fun doing this! It's really managed to lift me out of a huge depressive cycle I was in this whole building a set up and now this)
-temp 78*F
-RH% 85%

So that's it for now I'll post some pics of my germination area later and pics of where they'll be moving to after!

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Ahhh don't pick on the new guy @Bulldog11 we all gotta start somewhere.;) I fried my first batch of seeds when I started growing again! lol @Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Oh well even tho I did fry my first little seedlings I had the other diary for they were more or less just to play around with and get a feel for germinating and propegating until I got the seeds I'm using now. Not that it was good to toast the poor little plants, I actually felt pretty bad for the plant when that happened heh.

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Okay time to write up about these little gals! I've just been so busy tinkering with my seedling closet that I haven't had time to post anything on how they are!

It's day four of the grow and these past four days have been full of learning more about seedling conditions, how to properly care for them and changing the set up of my seedling closet.

So first the changes to the closet! The 60w led I was going to use was replaced with three 40w cfl's that are 4100k, cool white, 2600 lumens and 150w equivalent. They are hung via light socket on a cord about 6" above the plants. Tomorrow I'll be getting two full spectrum, 900 lumens, florescent tubes with ballast and reflector and I'll be hanging that up

So onto the log!

The Trojan seed decided that it wanted to sprout pretty early in the grow and came out of the rock wool 2 days ago. There was one little problem with her..... the seed heaved up and the plant was growing sideways along the rw cube. To correct this I decided to prop it up with a u shaped plant tie jammed between the cube and the tray it's sitting in. Then I made the lights too high so itd stretch a bit and hopefully correct itself. Seems to be doing the trick so far :). Also the Trojan has its first set of true leaves popping out of it! The seedling is a lush darkish green and looks very health to me.

The hercules hasn't popped quite yet. If I take the piece of rw off the seeds hole to take a little peak I can see it coming up. Prolly will be out in two days or so.

As of now the closet is 81*F with a 12" oscillating fan, 4" fan (both blowing on the lights and into the container. The humidity is 50% rh. So I'm gonna turn the ac on and run my humidifier to changes the temp and rh.

Pics to come in a little but!

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Here's a post of my little trojan! And a pic of the seedling room! 14393566320121439356773649

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Right on dude. Im sure most of us had a similar setup when we first started. I know i did! But my lights werent that good haha.

Positive vibes to you dude, hope farming makes you as happy as it makes me

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Thanks for the supportive reply! Yea before I started anything I started reading all about grow teks, set up teks, info on online forums and read the cannabis bible. In fact I just got a book about hydroponically growing cannabis from amazon today. Gonna give it a read tonight.

All the prep work and learning was well worth it tho. I just would have hated to get into something like this blindly and waste my money, time and the potential of something I'd like to do.

And in fact I have found a great fondness in doing this. I absolutely love every part of it. From germinating and growing my seedling to building my set up. Tbh I was in a huge depressive episode before I thought about really doing this and putting a big effort in and it really made it dissapate into content feelings and happiness! I really love doing this so far, probably because of my schooling in engineering which helps with the building a set up part and my schooling in chemistry which is a great asset for things like pH/tds monitoring and using nutrients.

Anyways on to my grow log :D

Today I got my reflective hood, balast and florescent tubes (5000k, 20w, 900 lum, 2') in the mail. I'm going to now be using the cfl's on my tent during the veg stage and the tubes for the seedlings. I placed them 2.5" above the top of the seedling. The average temperature is 78*F and average rh is 68% at plant level.

As for the plant, to me it looks healthy and happy. It's a nice lush green and has its first set of true leaves. Altho the seed heaved out of the cube partially I think with the plant ties I added for support it'll be a okay. This is the Trojan seedling mind you.

As for the other seed, I have yet to see it pop and I'm hoping it's not a dud. I do have two green Crack auto fem seeds and 3 star ryder auto fem seeds coming in the mail so we'll see. It's only been less than 6 days so it's not too late.

Here are pics of the new set up and my baby girl!

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Glad you solved you heat issues. Def, feel you on the education side. I learned everything i could for years. One day my gf brings me home a clone from the dispensary and bam... Farmer mode. She had no idea what she was getting into haha.

Anyhow, bout a year later and im finally pushing a good sized flower room. Having a blast.

Keep growin. Hit us with an update when your girls start showin some growth.

Also. If your planning in soil, when transplanting that seedling id stick that long ass stem under the dirt and just expose the leaves and true leaves above dirt level. Anything underground will throw roots, and help girth/growth rate. Plus your plant wont be wobbly when it gets older. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Top Bottom