Baskin Robbins by Patanjali - HID's & Soil

• Thread starter Patanjali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Patanjali

Patanjali

Hi All! Been lurking on this site for a while. I'm really inspired by all the great information and people here. I'm a long-time amateur grower trying to learn all the new stuff that is exploding on the market. I grew my first plant in 91' with a sheet metal hood, non-encased homemade ballast and some cellutex on the walls. Feed them with Miracle grow and cow manure lol. I was gifted an amazing G13 plant, which I had no idea how lucky I was, and I didn't even cut clones from it. Grew bag seed until 98' when I went to Amsterdam and brought back some K2 and Super Crystal Seeds from Homegrown Fantaseeds. I took a little break for a while, and now it is full on with the grow bug!

So fast forward to last year, moved to Colorado, got my Red Card, and now I'm getting the growers creep where I keep growing more strains at one time and having more light and more room! :)

Right now I have 15 plants in flower, and although some are the same strains, none of them are from the same seed/cutting. Most of them are in 12" x 12" hydrofarm pots, but I think this is going to get upgraded to 10 gallon tall pots for next round. I do have a couple of bigger plants in 10 talls now, and one in a 15 gallon - all organic soil. Basically I made a super soil, it's been cooking as I have been using it for about 6 months now. I put about 10-20% of this in the bottom of the pots, and then filled the rest with a combo of Pro-Mix HP, FFOF, EWC, Vermicompost, Coco Coir, and added a good helping of mycorrhizae. I've been using teas and some medium to low strength Botanicare to supplement the soil, and occasionally doing a foliar with Vf-11.

The strains are as follows:

Coletrain - Reserva Privada
The Ultimate - Dutch Passion
Lavender - Soma Seeds
2 x Blueberry Headband - Emerald Triangle
2 x Blue Tara - Bodhi
Anesthesia - Sannie's Seeds
3 x Kolossus - Sannies Seeds
Original Amnesia - Dinafem
White Widow - Dinafem
Pineapple Express - G13 Labs
White Siberian - Dinafem

Here's a couple of picts I took last night - Day 28 flower (sorry about the crappy hps/cell photos)

Flower

BHB #2
Baskin robbins by patanjali   hids  soil 2

Anesthesia
Anesthesia

A couple Kolossus (1 & 3)
Kolossus1
Kolossus3

I guess that's it for now! Thanks everyone for stopping by!

;)

Patanjali

Patanjali

very nice. sub'd and looking forward to seeing this thread blow up in a major way.
Thank you Catdaddy! It's an honor to have you aboard!

This is copied and pasted from my post last night on another site:

So yes, it is 4:30am, and yes, I am just finishing mixing up some supersoil lol. I'm inspired from reading journals. :D

I have no idea if this is going to work, but this is my crazy WiFi induced ideas (insert uh-oh here lol). I added up all the npk's per tbs fertilizer/gallon of medium from my old batch, and then tweaked the tbs so the npk equalled approx 3-1-2 ratio. ie 8 tbs fish bone meal would get a number like so: npk = 10-4-0 and 8 tbs so 80-32-0. I have no idea if this is even remotely correct, but here it goes:

Base is approx 1.25-1.5 cu ft Pro Mix HP

1/2c Crab Meal
1c Alfalfa Meal
3c Kelp Meal
1/2c Fish Bone Meal
1/4c Blood Meal
1/4c Neem Meal
1/2c Oyster Shell Meal
1c Lime
1/2c Granular Humus
1tbs Epsom Salt
3tbs Mycos

Then I used one of my small 7" Hydrofarm pots and added:

1/2 Earth Worm Castings (that's all I had left might add more)
1 part Vermicompost Soil Amendment

Also had a few handfuls of FFOF and Light Warrior I wanted to get rid of, so I threw them in there too! Is there a kitchen sink icon?

I didn't count the nitrogen from the Earth Worm Castings, but I came out with a 3.42-1-1.54 ratio. A little off from what I wanted, but close enough.

It was lightly wetted, mixed thoroughly, and placed in a Rubbermaid container to cook for about 4-5 weeks before it is split out about 12-15 ways and put in the bottom of the next round of my Baskin Robins Grow. At least next grow I think I am going to have 4 Pineapple Express lol.

Maybe I'll just mix some EWC into the Pro Mix that will go on top of the supersoil.

I transplanted all my veg from 7" hydrofarm squares to 12" squares last night. They will hopefully stay there for about 4-5 weeks, and then the game plan is to upcan them again into 10 gallon pots with my super soil mix and some other blended soil. I need to get a strain list up for the next round.

Thanks all!
:cool:

Patanjali

Patanjali

seems like you got it all mapped out. definitely should turn out to be nothing short of stellar.
Thanks CD! I really am just experimenting. One of my hopes joining this site was to find more organic soil farmers to learn from.Growing isn't my hobby, it's my passion. It is literally the thing that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning. It's something I have done since I was 17 y/o. However...

very nice...u dont sound like an amateur to me my dude ;)
I am still an amateur. Back then, we didn't have the internet. You couldn't order seeds to your doorstep. People didn't talk about growing. You learned from trial and error - on your own. It was utter secrecy. So, I'm like a kid in a candy store now. I love growing weed. I love having access to strains, being able to google answers for growing weed. I find it so ironic that it was something that made me an outcast before, and now it is legal for me to smoke and grow it. I always hoped this day would come, I just never thought it would. With that said, Thank you Winta! I would always be grateful for your observation and input.

Edit: I should say, I stopped growing personally in 2001, and then in 2005 I started helping a couple of friends with their grows. It wasn't until last year when I moved to CO and got my red card that I really started learning about marijuana. I do have some previous greenhouse experience, but I am by no means an expert.

So, being all high and nostalgic, I'm super happy to be here, and I hope to both share and learn a lot from everyone.

Much Love,
:p

Patanjali

Patanjali

Sub'd for the show!! Not like I wasn't already ;)
Thanks 6! You know I always appreciate having ya around! ;)

So I peeked into the veg room today and did a little closer inspection on the White Lotus and Goji OG Seedlings. They are still really small preflowers, but I'm pretty sure I ended up with 2 White Lotus females/2 males, and 3 Goji females/1 male. I know I really should keep one White Lotus male, but I'm super cramped on space right now. We'll see. Anyway, here's a quick pict of the five girls. Starting from the left and going clockwise: GOG, GOG, WL, GOG, WL. As you can see the two Goji's on the left are really shooting up past everything else. I'll probably chop the tops off and make clones here in a few days.

Bodhi

Patanjali

Patanjali

bring on the dankness... going to be a killer show
Thanks 420! Like I said still a long time amateur and appreciate all the help and support I can get. Recently been doing a little reading on chelated irons. The differences in how they are chelated and therefore absorbed is very interesting. I was using Botanicare CalMg Plus, but I think That has ended and I will look for another iron and CalMg source. I have some old General Organics CalMg that I am going to use for now.

Hope everyone is having a great humpday! I have the day completely off today, so whipping up an old school batch of brownies! 26.2g of finely ground OG#18, SSSDH, and Dinafem OG Kush in a batch of brownies (No straining) should turn out some pretty mind warping edibles.

:cool:

Patanjali

Patanjali

lol, at the mylar comment. the ladies are looking lovely in that red background.
Thanks Catdaddy! I really love the red. What I have not really been loving is how my ladies are performing. I have a good feeling that root aphids have crept back in. Therefore, I'm seriously irritated, and I'm fighting back with this:

Met52

CD, I did order the Prayer Tower. I've been wanting a good Thai in the garden, and I thought the Appalachia would be a good mix (noob's guess ofc). I probably won't get to it till winter, but I wanted to snatch up a pack while I could!

Edit: won't get to them till next fall/winter

Patanjali

Patanjali

damn, sorry to hear about the RA's. Met52 huh? hope it does the job.
Yes, they have wrecked my grows. Long story short, had never heard of them, got my first plants moving to CO from a friend who had them. Spent 8-10 months trying to figure out why I could no longer grow. Horrible little beasts. I've heard people say they have gotten rid of them in different ways, and from what I have seen, I think I am only knocking them back.

grower2

grower2

Yes, they have wrecked my grows. Long story short, had never heard of them, got my first plants moving to CO from a friend who had them. Spent 8-10 months trying to figure out why I could no longer grow. Horrible little beasts. I've heard people say they have gotten rid of them in different ways, and from what I have seen, I think I am only knocking them back.

Met-52 I have heard takes 3-4 weeks to form a colony in your soil. I throw it in my soil at the start of anything, every time as a preventative.

Look into Caps bennies, used as a soil drench, in a high concentration, with all 3 packs I believe, weekly, helps out.

Your Blue Tara is looking nice!

Top Bottom