• Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Almost the end of week 5 of flower

Push it to the limit!!
2022 09 01 114505
2022 09 01 114528

ok so i've been trying to get my vpd is range but boy it's a hard one. With higher room temp i hit a leaf temp of 80f but my humidity sure drops alot. I've turned the AC on to drop the temps a bit which should raise the RH but this sort of temprature with Co2 would do wonder.

Anthem

Anthem

Almost the end of week 5 of flower
View attachment 1277170

View attachment 1277167
Push it to the limit!!
View attachment 1277169 View attachment 1277168
ok so i've been trying to get my vpd is range but boy it's a hard one. With higher room temp i hit a leaf temp of 80f but my humidity sure drops alot. I've turned the AC on to drop the temps a bit which should raise the RH but this sort of temprature with Co2 would do wonder.
Let us know if turning on the AC increases the RH. I understand your theory. Low Temperature = higher RH. But the challenge has to do with how most home AC units work. They lower RH as part of the cooling effect, hence the condensate drain they require

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Let us know if turning on the AC increases the RH. I understand your theory. Low Temperature = higher RH. But the challenge has to do with how most home AC units work. They lower RH as part of the cooling effect, hence the condensate drain they require
my AC does have a drain for the water but somehow it never fills up. Always empty.

Anthem

Anthem

my AC does have a drain for the water but somehow it never fills up. Always empty.
Yes if they are not running hard they will not show and water in the drain but as I stated they pull water out of the air as part of the cooling process.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The water sits in a drain pan and when the fan runs it’s passively sprayed on the hot side coil, improving the heat dissipation and effectiveness of the AC. The drain will only ever see water if the drain pan gets to full

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
The water sits in a drain pan and when the fan runs it’s passively sprayed on the hot side coil lol improving the heat dissipation and effectiveness of the AC. The drain will only ever see water if the drain pan gets to full
lol, and i was wondering why it never had any water for drainage, but that makes sense.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
anyone run humidifyer during flower?
Yeah man. I couldn’t keep my temps below 85 because of loads in my room. Added small humidifier and much happier with VPD. 55-60 RH and I take it out at week 4.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
The water sits in a drain pan and when the fan runs it’s passively sprayed on the hot side coil, improving the heat dissipation and effectiveness of the AC. The drain will only ever see water if the drain pan gets to full
@Aquaman, I feel like everyone is obsessed with driving down RH in flower which I completely understand but a better understanding of VPD would really help. Sometimes it isn’t wise to force a high transportation rate for the ladies.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yeah man. I couldn’t keep my temps below 85 because of loads in my room. Added small humidifier and much happier with VPD. 55-60 RH and I take it out at week 4.
got ya
@Aquaman, I feel like everyone is obsessed with driving down RH in flower which I completely understand but a better understanding of VPD would really help. Sometimes it isn’t wise to force a high transportation rate for the ladies.
i think he mentioned somehwere that he keeps it around 55-60%

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I'm in a similar boat. My grow is in my garage and with the heat this summer keeping temps in check has been a challenge. Lights come on at 5PM and off at 5AM. Tents are usually around 85-88 degrees all day because of that. I've had my RH around 55-65 depending on the heat to try keep that VPD more in range.
68360239265  FF724348 0DC2 4E8C 8829 4793AA892FD6

I've been terrified of getting mold, but it seems with good air flow things are good. Picture is F58, nicknamed this tent flop city. (Yeah there is bad thripe damage, but it has been taken care of...ish)

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Anthem RH didn't change much. Maybe a degree or so.
I should of also mentioned that temp reader has four wifi readers. The top is it self. The bottom 3 is in the flower room.
1st - under the branches where the rw are
2nd - between lights and the tops
3rd - on the light where the most high temp is

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I'm in a similar boat. My grow is in my garage and with the heat this summer keeping temps in check has been a challenge. Lights come on at 5PM and off at 5AM. Tents are usually around 85-88 degrees all day because of that. I've had my RH around 55-65 depending on the heat to try keep that VPD more in range.
View attachment 1277197
I've been terrified of getting mold, but it seems with good air flow things are good. Picture is F58, nicknamed this tent flop city. (Yeah there is bad thripe damage, but it has been taken care of...ish)
Sure @Aquaman will chime in but 65% RH is dangerous. I manage best I can for first 4 weeks of flower and then I remove humidifier, and ensure below 50% by beginning of week 6. I don’t mind stressing gals some mid flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When dealing with higher than ideal humidity the crucial factor becomes the air circulation. n all cases you need to make sure your pulling those super high humid microclimates away from the buds. Its not so much the humidity is the concern but rather high humidity leaves less room for more water absorption so with higher humidi it just makes it a bit more difficult.

the bigger the buds the higher the humidity directly around them and the more crucial the air movement around them becomes. You can flower well over 70% if you can keep from hitting dew point during temp swings and have smaller buds with great airflow.

some ppl will kinda pry the bud clusters a bit with a utensil just to make sure they breathe a bit. I think its a bit extreme but wont hurt

Top Bottom