Beadles first proper grow...

• Thread starter Beadlesprout69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

They Didn't bat an eyelid at the last feed and it measured in at 800ppm when mixed and ph'd.

Next week's feed I'm going to up it to 900ppm and all good up to 1000 week 6 and 1050 week 7. Followed by a 2 week flush

All looking good. Very hot outside today! My boost outtake is now running 24/7. It's like a wind tunnel in there.

Just starting to see them form bud and fill out into the pistol's.

Beadle

IMG 20200423 164732983
IMG 20200423 164742481
IMG 20200423 164716454
IMG 20200423 164725279
IMG 20200423 164933908
IMG 20200423 164939863
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Looking at these runs during lockdown, I'm looking at them as probably some of the best I will ever grow, never again will I be able to check temps and adjust on the hour every hour. Likewise with the humidity.

Trying to see the positives through the madness this has found us in.

My back garden has never looked as good. My other half has reprimanded me for my lack of flower seeds going in. I went a bit prepping mar and commandeered every inch of the garden for fruit and vegetables.

There are some fine smells coming out of the jungle now. Sweetness for sure! The pictures are day 26...hopefully fingers crossed of 63

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looking at these runs during lockdown, I'm looking at them as probably some of the best I will ever grow, never again will I be able to check temps and adjust on the hour every hour. Likewise with the humidity.

Trying to see the positives through the madness this has found us in.

My back garden has never looked as good. My other half has reprimanded me for my lack of flower seeds going in. I went a bit prepping mar and commandeered every inch of the garden for fruit and vegetables.

There are some fine smells coming out of the jungle now. Sweetness for sure! The pictures are day 26...hopefully fingers crossed of 63

Dude I've said it since this started... My work has become way more comfortable since the course is closed and I have no employees to manage. My wife is home laid off but getting CERB payments from the Gov that pay her as much as her job did, so paid housewife! I recently bought a gas guzzler of a truck and gas is at 87 cents a liter, I've had WAY more time to spend in the garden, Spending WAY more time with my kids, Dodged a bullet by taking a 6 month leave of absence from the fire dept for other reasons before this all broke back in early Feb too so I've had a lot more spare time... Despite the banks plundering our economies and the world devolving Into a globalist technocracy, things right now are pretty good in my world lol.

Its gonna be a rough transition back to normal life.

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Dude I've said it since this started... My work has become way more comfortable since the course is closed and I have no employees to manage. My wife is home laid off but getting CERB payments from the Gov that pay her as much as her job did, so paid housewife! I recently bought a gas guzzler of a truck and gas is at 87 cents a liter, I've had WAY more time to spend in the garden, Spending WAY more time with my kids, Dodged a bullet by taking a 6 month leave of absence from the fire dept for other reasons before this all broke back in early Feb too so I've had a lot more spare time... Despite the banks plundering our economies and the world devolving Into a globalist technocracy, things right now are pretty good in my world lol.

Its gonna be a rough transition back to normal life.
Glad your enjoying the slow down of life Dirtbag, the UK hasn't dropped the price of fuel yet, they say it's to offset the losses from the lack of sales. Truly shocking with the price of oil at the minute.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I am missing my work now.

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Well it has been roasting in the UK. Pushed my temps a little today and had to turn the cmhs down a little. Same again tomorrow! In April, in the UK? The world has truly turned upside down

Thankfully, normal life returns after that, the long term forecast predicts a terrible May in comparison. Which is good for my ladies. Fingers crossed this is the last of it.

I don't think I have any more fingers left to cross.

I have lifted my LEDs as high as they can go now to get a better spread, and prevent over intensity of light now buds are forming.

Going low and slow on the dry when this is done. I'm pushing back my perpetual by 7-10 days, I don't want the risk of my flowering room warming my drying area adjacent too much. I hate the thought of going to all the work then spoiling it with one or two days drying that is too hot.

T minus 5 weeks and counting!

Some good news, it looks like the premier League will be back, the first part of my prayers have been answered!

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Playing temperature roulette again today, had to run my cmhs at 50 percent to keep my my temps in check.

Luckily the bad weather returns. I only have a problem once the temps reach 20 degrees c and the sun bakes down on my roof. I can't believe I want the sun to go away.

I don't think things have been affected too badly. Pulled off a few lower leaves with some small damage on them today, hoping to god it's not pm issues. Keeping my eyes peeled! Still can't find a thrip.

Here's today's pictures. They had a water today, not quite ready this morning for one. But with the added heat they needed it come mid afternoon. They didn't droop as much this time. Probably with the roots being warmer. Had some slight curl on one but seemed much better after a water.

I am looking forward to the perpetual and the start of it where I only have 4 in there rather than the jungle I have now.

I had to water in nothing but a pair of shorts, one due to temps and two so I don't catch one of the bleeding canes and drag it with me with my t-shirt.

Either these types are very thc happy or the cmh's do indeed produce more. Interested to see how the bud finishes under them compared to a sodium. Hopefully dense, definitely glad I gave them the lst treatment, they seem to be fantastic but lack penetration, be good for a SOG or SCROG for sure.

Beadle

IMG 20200425 210032450
IMG 20200425 210042444
IMG 20200425 210152133
IMG 20200425 210614162
IMG 20200425 210623991
IMG 20200425 210310896
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Rather than pm I think the plant I pulled the leaves off was showing early phosphorus deficiency. I was upping the bloom feed on the next feed. I had a suspicion I should have done it on the last feed.

Lesson learnt for next time. I measured in at 800ppm. From research I found I should have been nearer to a 1000. I defo should have added more bloom.

I was at half strength with the tiger bloom and pk, upping that to 3/4 strength on the tiger bloom and the normal pk for the week 5 feed.

I will make my mix, pH, then measure the ppm again, if it over 1000 I will dilute until it's bang on. Some people don't believe in measuring ppm when growing in soil. The way I see is it can't hurt to have a guide baseline. Obviously the variables change for each strain and grow but I'm hoping this helps.

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Had a feed this morning, upped the pk 9-18, and the tiger bloom higher than on the last feed. Ppm is slightly higher.

I am happy with the progress bar one plant. Which is the plant that is showing phosphorus deficiency.

Hopefully this feed makes her pick up a bit.

The smell is starting to get crazy when I go in.

This long without a spliff has got me craving one badly.

Patience!

IMG 20200428 122726125
IMG 20200428 122734623
IMG 20200428 122717838
IMG 20200428 122741621
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

They definitely liked the stronger feed and upped bloom and pk...

I thought I saw some improvement last night, today I definitely had seen progress. Still haven't burnt a tip yet.

The plant with the phosphorus deficiency seems much happier, much cooler weather outside and the lights being back on full power has probably helped too.

Day 32...

Just over half way through flowering

IMG 20200429 185558054
IMG 20200429 185621783
IMG 20200429 173606857
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

A small update, all seems good, progress is ok, had their first round of the Moab and pk 9-18. Upped the base until I reached a 1000ppm. Next time I will be pushing the feeds a little more and monitoring and recording how it goes.

The Jaffa dawg has a tangie smell to start with followed by the gas. Really different combo that I cannot wait to taste.

Time is flying...

Starting to see pistils starting to turn ever so slightly on most so looking they should finish about the same time. Which is lucky. The dosidos may need an extra week.

Hopefully 23 days until harvest.

Beadle

IMG 20200505 133700273
IMG 20200505 133643568
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Wow, look at all of that!
It's getting there. Had a little bit of a stall with growth, due to the heat at the minute. I have been watching the mercury with a panicked look throughout the day.

I have had to put my cmhs on 50 percent power to keep the temps down, even then it got a little hot today, one thing it has not affected is the terps...

They all smell really good, the Jaffa dawg especially. This long without a spliff has me smelling and craving, badly!

I am not drying my bud in my drying room this run, too hot and don't want to spoil the love. Purchased a tent to dry it in a room that is much cooler.

Been nice to shake the rust off, but I want better next time. Quality is not going to be a problem I don't think, just have to find that quantity now to match

Latest posts

Top Bottom