Been coming here for great info. First time posting for grow help!

• Thread starter JohnnyDread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyDread

Been browsing the forums for info for awhile! My favorite place to gain knowledge so far! Anyways, I've had a few grows and done pretty well, but in my latest, there's some things happening that I just can't figure out. Growing two strains on flood and drain tables. Cherry Crescendo and Strawberry Cookies. The Crescendo is doing well, but the Strawberry has just never looked very happy or healthy. Here's what I'm working with here: GC ROI-E720s at about 600 PAR per Photone app. Plants are in 9x9 pots of hydroton. Dutch Pro nutes at approx. 900ppm. Ph is good. 78-82 degrees with CO2 at 1500ppm. Tables flood every 3 hours for 15 min only during lights on. 18/6 schedule. Got them as small clones and this is about 3 1/2 weeks of veg. This is about the time I will normally flip to 12/12. I did have have some root aphids and fungus gnats, primarily on the Crescendo, but I did a root drench with Lost Coast Plant Therapy about two weeks ago that knocked most of them out it seems, but starting to see a few here and there, so spraying occasionally with Lost Coast. Haven't seen many on the Strawberry, but perhaps they're causing this? I thought perhaps overwatering, so I actually had the Strawberry only flood every 6 hours during lights off for a week, and nothing changed either way really. So, I did put them back on the every 3 hours schedule that I've normally used again yesterday and will see if it changes anything as the days go forward. Just really never had any issues I couldn't research on here and make the right changes needed. Any thoughts from someone more experienced? Thank you so much for your time and knowledge in advance! Here's some pics. The first ones are the Strawberry Cookies plants I'm worried about and the others are the Cherry Crescendo which I think is doing ok. These pics were taken only about 30 min before lights off, so they're a little "tired", but it's pretty much the story so far.

Img 6126   copyjpg
Img 6127   copyjpg
Img 6128   copyjpg
Img 6129   copyjpg
Img 6130   copyjpg
J

JohnnyDread

I'm thinking it might be that I need it to be warmer and more humid at this stage and with that concentration of CO2. Maybe?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Been browsing the forums for info for awhile! My favorite place to gain knowledge so far! Anyways, I've had a few grows and done pretty well, but in my latest, there's some things happening that I just can't figure out. Growing two strains on flood and drain tables. Cherry Crescendo and Strawberry Cookies. The Crescendo is doing well, but the Strawberry has just never looked very happy or healthy. Here's what I'm working with here: GC ROI-E720s at about 600 PAR per Photone app. Plants are in 9x9 pots of hydroton. Dutch Pro nutes at approx. 900ppm. Ph is good. 78-82 degrees with CO2 at 1500ppm. Tables flood every 3 hours for 15 min only during lights on. 18/6 schedule. Got them as small clones and this is about 3 1/2 weeks of veg. This is about the time I will normally flip to 12/12. I did have have some root aphids and fungus gnats, primarily on the Crescendo, but I did a root drench with Lost Coast Plant Therapy about two weeks ago that knocked most of them out it seems, but starting to see a few here and there, so spraying occasionally with Lost Coast. Haven't seen many on the Strawberry, but perhaps they're causing this? I thought perhaps overwatering, so I actually had the Strawberry only flood every 6 hours during lights off for a week, and nothing changed either way really. So, I did put them back on the every 3 hours schedule that I've normally used again yesterday and will see if it changes anything as the days go forward. Just really never had any issues I couldn't research on here and make the right changes needed. Any thoughts from someone more experienced? Thank you so much for your time and knowledge in advance! Here's some pics. The first ones are the Strawberry Cookies plants I'm worried about and the others are the Cherry Crescendo which I think is doing ok. These pics were taken only about 30 min before lights off, so they're a little "tired", but it's pretty much the story so far.

How are you flooding this?how does the nutrient get to the top of the container?

J

JohnnyDread

They are clones in rapid rooter plugs transplanted into 9x9 pots filled with hydroton. There is a common 65 gallon reservoir with pumps for each table on timers. Alternating, the tables flood for 15 minutes every 3 hours during lights on and do not flood at all during lights off. I set the drainage stem on each table so that once it gets a little above the third holes on the the pots, it begins to allow it to drain, even as the pump keeps going. The entire process of filling and draining is about 25 minutes. Used this process on probably 8-9 grows before this without much issue, but those Strawberry just don't want to act right. Might be a vpd issue because it was running at like 81 degrees but only 50-55% humidity which maybe that strain doesn't like very much and it's limiting respiration and causing some nute lock out or something? I am running 1500ppm CO2 as well. Dutch Pro nutes at about 900ppm right now.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

They are clones in rapid rooter plugs transplanted into 9x9 pots filled with hydroton. There is a common 65 gallon reservoir with pumps for each table on timers. Alternating, the tables flood for 15 minutes every 3 hours during lights on and do not flood at all during lights off. I set the drainage stem on each table so that once it gets a little above the third holes on the the pots, it begins to allow it to drain, even as the pump keeps going. The entire process of filling and draining is about 25 minutes. Used this process on probably 8-9 grows before this without much issue, but those Strawberry just don't want to act right. Might be a vpd issue because it was running at like 81 degrees but only 50-55% humidity which maybe that strain doesn't like very much and it's limiting respiration and causing some nute lock out or something? I am running 1500ppm CO2 as well. Dutch Pro nutes at about 900ppm right now.
Maybe try taking one off and rinsing it thoroughly and try a new batch of nutes on it ,it looks like they aren't eating

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

Weird if it works for a few grows before but not his one, how high up do you flood?

And did you use the same light at the same height the last grows?

J

JohnnyDread

Thank you everyone for taking a look and your replies. The pots flood to 4 in, and they do have some roots that are healthy coming out of the bottoms of the 9x9 pots as well, so I feel like they have access? I actually did change lights, but only went from the GC 680 to the 720s, but keep the par monitored and the same. The one thing that is totally new is the CO2 at 1500ppm. I always had a pretty high CO2 in the room before so it wasn't supplemented. It's at least double what I used to have in there with the new setup. That's why I was wondering if I wasn't giving them enough of something else with the added CO2. Still working on it and taking in everyone's knowledge. Thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom