Been flushing Coco for 7 days, still showing high PPMs. Why?

• Thread starter SNAX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SNAX

SNAX

So I may have an idea why this is happening but I have been flushing Royal Gold Tuper Coco for 7 days with only water and 200 ppm liquid bone meal and PPMs are still showing like 1700. I was doing feed, feed, water with Mills Nutrients up to this point. I have always used trays where the runoff can run out and be vacuumed up but they are currently in saucers. Are the saucers the problem because that excess salt is sitting in the bottom and causing the runoff to still test so high?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you can't seperate the plants from the runoff, then the nutrients are going to get concentrated as the excess in the container collects. Unless it drains away, it stays there and can cause nute buildup. It's sort of like having a toilet that doesn't flush... after a while stuff accumulates and gets funky. Let the water flow thru a few times but get rid of the stuff that comes out of the bottom. After flushing a time or two, measure the outflow while it is still running out (but not caught up in catch basins or bowls). This will give you a better idea of the stuff once the salts have been washed out at the bottom of your containers.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
When I hit those levels in coco, I would run 4+ gallons through one gallon containers until my EC was what I was putting in (~0.6 EC). Coco won't give two shits about being saturated like that. You need to move them salts out, and a hard flush is the quickest way to do it.

Top Bottom