Been lurking for about 13 years, I'm in the industry now and figured WTH...

• Thread starter gonz0w
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gonz0w

gonz0w

Hello farmers, I have been extracting information from this site (and others) for over a decade and finally decided it was time to share. I decided to make the move and shift into the enterprise cannabis space in January. Jumped onboard a software company as an architect and now I am out in some major greenhouses (150,000sqft) helping engineer processes and keeping them compliant. Anyway I love COCO, I started in Canna COCO back in 2008 with the H3ad Recipe and have never looked back. Currently, I like the MasterBlend tomato mix 4-18-38 with calnit and some Mr.Fulvic. So cheap and rocks! Don't get me wrong, I garden in a small space and I do try various supplements and additives from time to time, and in the past I was an additive abuser. I have pretty much tried everything that can be sold in Colorado since 2008 and I can tell you that most of it doesn't really do much when you have conditions correct. I hope to share information as I learn more about the commercial space and give back to the site that gave me so much!

-- gonz0w

coherent

coherent

Welcome. I'd be really interested in hearing more specifics about your nutrients... specific nutes, amounts and so on. I grow in coco and I've only used the more popular stuff like the GH Flora trio and Fox Farm trio and am really interested in finding some quality techniques that work as well (or better) and are more budget conscious. Open minded to some of the dry nutes like the MasterBlend tomato mix you mentioned. Thanks for the post.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Welcome to the farm... thanks in advance for helping the community

gonz0w

gonz0w

Welcome to the farm.

If it's OK with your company, some shots of a commercial grow would be fun to see.

Unfortunately NDA's are in place for all the gardens we have visited. All these guys are on LinkedIn and share amazing garden pictures daily.

gonz0w

gonz0w

Welcome. I'd be really interested in hearing more specifics about your nutrients... specific nutes, amounts and so on. I grow in coco and I've only used the more popular stuff like the GH Flora trio and Fox Farm trio and am really interested in finding some quality techniques that work as well (or better) and are more budget conscious. Open minded to some of the dry nutes like the MasterBlend tomato mix you mentioned. Thanks for the post.

I have tried _everything_ and spent a small fortune doing it but here is where I am today, I have been pretty close to BillFarthings recipe:

COCO: Batch64 Pioneer Mix: 2 Gallon smart Pots in Ebb and Grow system (or sometimes just hand watered daily if I dont want to clean the system out)

MasterBlend Tomato: 4-18-38 NPK: 2 Grams per gallon of water
CalNit: 15.5-0.0 NPK: 2 Grams per gallon
GrowMore CalMag flowering: 3ml per gallon.
Mr.Fulvic biostim: 1ml per gallon.
SLF-100: 2.5ml Per gallon.

Weeks 4-6 Of flower I cut MasterBlend down to 1Gram per gallon and CalNit down to 1.5 Grams per gallon so I can drop in the MKP (Moab) at about .5 to 1 gram per gallon (be careful here .5 is probably best, but some strains can take 1gram or more per gallon).

Generally I am running 100-35-120 NPK levels with Calcium at 150 PPM and Magnesium around 70 PPM.

I have "grown" to like the low phosphorus levels for most of the plants life except when I add the MKP. (Moab is still my favorite here).

I do give a little more CalNit 2 weeks before I flip to boost calcium and nitrogen.

COCO can support microbial life very well and I use VAM from BioAG to top dress every 2-3 weeks up until stretch ends and also during transplants.

I will add this with Some hesitancy: If you want organic"y", you can Ebb/Flow Advanced Nutrients Iguana juice in coco with very good results.

15-20ml. Per gallon Iguana bloom (during both veg and bloom)
5-10ml GrowMore calmag Flowering. (Iguana juice is not real heavy on calcium).
1ml Mr Fulvic.

This recipe does really well, but is expensive comparatively.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
I have tried _everything_ and spent a small fortune doing it but here is where I am today, I have been pretty close to BillFarthings recipe:

COCO: Batch64 Pioneer Mix: 2 Gallon smart Pots in Ebb and Grow system (or sometimes just hand watered daily if I dont want to clean the system out)

MasterBlend Tomato: 4-18-38 NPK: 2 Grams per gallon of water
CalNit: 15.5-0.0 NPK: 2 Grams per gallon
GrowMore CalMag flowering: 3ml per gallon.
Mr.Fulvic biostim: 1ml per gallon.
SLF-100: 2.5ml Per gallon.

Weeks 4-6 Of flower I cut MasterBlend down to 1Gram per gallon and CalNit down to 1.5 Grams per gallon so I can drop in the MKP (Moab) at about .5 to 1 gram per gallon (be careful here .5 is probably best, but some strains can take 1gram or more per gallon).

Generally I am running 100-35-120 NPK levels with Calcium at 150 PPM and Magnesium around 70 PPM.

I have "grown" to like the low phosphorus levels for most of the plants life except when I add the MKP. (Moab is still my favorite here).

I do give a little more CalNit 2 weeks before I flip to boost calcium and nitrogen.

COCO can support microbial life very well and I use VAM from BioAG to top dress every 2-3 weeks up until stretch ends and also during transplants.

I will add this with Some hesitancy: If you want organic"y", you can Ebb/Flow Advanced Nutrients Iguana juice in coco with very good results.

15-20ml. Per gallon Iguana bloom (during both veg and bloom)
5-10ml GrowMore calmag Flowering. (Iguana juice is not real heavy on calcium).
1ml Mr Fulvic.

This recipe does really well, but is expensive comparatively.

Well I guess I'm not too far off from that recipe🤔. Just started hydro, die hard soil grower for years. But looks close to what I'm tuning my nute profile to. Looking into coco next. Cool stuff man!!😎 Thank you

Top Bottom