Been making my own carts for a couple of months and have some questions...

• Thread starter leannaepulido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Habosabin

Habosabin

Why is a decarb needed when a cart uses heat to vape the oil? Is the heat just to liquify it for mixing?

I can understand decarbing concentrate for edibles.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

WE broke the vape scandal when I first hit. WE were the ones who spent OUR money to lab test all these scamming dilutent sales. I have 5 bottles of their poison from the top 5 major terp companies. This way if they say "they never sold" that product, I have proof.

I did call out true terpenes last year over this same issue on another forum Their "rep" said publically they didnt sell it. I showed proof, lab tests, etc, he then ghosted the forum with his tail between his legs.

Last edited:
DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Just like the new scandal d8. D8 is fake and not naturally occiring.

The reason why you decarb before carting, is after decarb the extract looses a bon and becomes thinner, allowing it to be used in a vape cart.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well, you have me at a loss here. Not sure who WE is or where / what forum this all went down on, but I am curious.

It's almost like I'm touching a nerve here asking for details, not interested in getting into a pissing contest at all. I am not in any way attached to True Terpenes, I just really like the PHD they have making these formulas. He lends a LOT of credibility to the product. Ethan Russo. He's an OG badass scientist. My affinity is to him, not the company. You will see him posted countless times all over this forum with a fair amount of reverence.

I can tell you I 100% do not agree that the link I posted is made of Mineral Oil. Perhaps they did some bad stuff in the past, I'm unaware. If you care to share some details, I'm pretty open minded and I am not looking for a fight. But in the end, it seems to me that you cracked the scandal open and forced them to produce a better product, so good on you.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

They used vitamins E acetate as the thickener, mineral oil as a dilutent, squalene, squailene for thinners.

Ask your PhD buddy if they ever sold a thinner to ppl to use IN A vape cart (they now changed all their wording over the scandal). Ask him if he worked there in the past 3 years. If so, anything that comes out of his mouth is purely for profit and not consumer safety.

Eskander

Eskander

WE broke the vape scandal when I first hit. WE were the ones who spent OUR money to lab test all these scamming dilutent sales. I have 5 bottles of their poison from the top 5 major terp companies. This way if they say "they never sold" that product, I have proof.

I did call out true terpenes last year over this same issue on another forum Their "rep" said publically they didnt sell it. I showed proof, lab tests, etc, he then ghosted the forum with his tail between his legs.
Dankbusters?

True Terpenes response to the scandal was to say that what was found in the tests was because of product counterfeiting. Is this a possibility or just BS to cover their asses?

Perhaps I'm missing something, vapes have never drawn my interest so my knowledge is limited. If you are just cutting to get to a viscosity that is manageable not to add flavor/cohorts, why not just use vegetable glycerin like in tobacco juice?

-Eskander

Moshmen

Moshmen

Please please please do NOT use true terpenes anything. They sold US (cart makers) MINERAL OIL as a dilutent for carts. I/we have proof. I paid out of my pocket got a lab test. Its NOT terpenes!!!

Floraplex has a much better terpenes available.

No need for a dilutent or thinner. Rosin is tricky to put in a cart, as the could will burn out due to the lipids and waxes still in the rosin.

I also make thousands of carts monthly.
Care to share your recipe ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well, you have me at a loss here. Not sure who WE is or where / what forum this all went down on, but I am curious.

It's almost like I'm touching a nerve here asking for details, not interested in getting into a pissing contest at all. I am not in any way attached to True Terpenes, I just really like the PHD they have making these formulas. He lends a LOT of credibility to the product. Ethan Russo. He's an OG badass scientist. My affinity is to him, not the company. You will see him posted countless times all over this forum with a fair amount of reverence.

I can tell you I 100% do not agree that the link I posted is made of Mineral Oil. Perhaps they did some bad stuff in the past, I'm unaware. If you care to share some details, I'm pretty open minded and I am not looking for a fight. But in the end, it seems to me that you cracked the scandal open and forced them to produce a better product, so good on you.
I read your thread a lot will you still post your process in there ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Dankbusters?

True Terpenes response to the scandal was to say that what was found in the tests was because of product counterfeiting. Is this a possibility or just BS to cover their asses?

Perhaps I'm missing something, vapes have never drawn my interest so my knowledge is limited. If you are just cutting to get to a viscosity that is manageable not to add flavor/cohorts, why not just use vegetable glycerin like in tobacco juice?

-Eskander
So I did some reading on Dankbusters. I knew about the drama back in 2018-2019, but I was never part of it so I didn't know any details. Thanks for giving me enough to look it up!

Update Thurs., Sept. 19, 2019: This story has been updated with comment from True Terpenes. “Our Viscosity Extract Modifier contains zero mineral oil or vitamin e acetate. It is a proprietary botanical extract. We have reason to believe this rumor is a malicious act from a competitor and are currently pursuing legal action. We have also found counterfeit True Terpenes products on the market and have taken anti-counterfeit measures (such as custom tamper-evident shrink bands),” a spokesperson for the company said in an email to Rolling Stone, adding that the brand’s products are “thoroughly tested for pesticides, heavy metals, and solvents.”

The three companies that have received subpoenas are Mass Terpenes, an Amherst, Massachusetts-based company that sells Pure Diluent; Honey Cut, a Santa Monica, California-based company that sells Honey Cut Diluting Agent; and Floraplex Terpenes, an Ypsilanti, Michigan-based manufacturer that sells Uber Thick. All three of these companies have pulled its products from the market, with the website for Honey Cut vanishing entirely, according to the cannabis news publication Leafly. All three of these products also contain “nearly pure vitamin E acetate oil,” according to officials from the New York State Department of Health.

This is pretty scary stuff to be sure. Just one more reason to grow and process your own!

Here is some info on Dr. Russo:

Dr. Russo is a board-certified neurologist, and a pioneer in cannabis and psychopharmacology research, who popularized the theory of the entourage effect in his 2011 paper

Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects

Dr. Russo was also a Senior Medical Advisor for GW Pharmaceuticals’ research on cannabis therapies including Sativex, a cannabinoid treatment for multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms and severe neuropathic-related pain, and Epidiolex, the first FDA approved botanically-derived cannabis medication.

Russo joined the board at True Terpenes in 2020. This is, from what I can gather, after the Dankbusters thing. Just for clarification.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

10000% BS to save their ass. If theres a TT rep on her I'd LOVE to have a discussion about this in the OPEN forum and NOT have things hidden or altered in any way. The proof is in the lab results. Oh, I still have the bottles in question, as well as lab tests showing what is/was in the bottle being sold.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

If this is a TT fanboy forum, I'll gladly shut my mouth and let TT slide on here and backpeddle all the way back to the bank. I have no skin in this game, except to help ppl be safe in their choices.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If this is a TT fanboy forum, I'll gladly shut my mouth and let TT slide on here and backpeddle all the way back to the bank. I have no skin in this game, except to help ppl be safe in their choices.
Dude, you need to chill the fuck out.

We are trying to have a discussion and learn. Your approach is over the top.

If your only purpose here is to yell and lobby slander without any backup, then yeah. We are not stupid, nor are we (I) TT fanboys. We are cannabis fanboys. Drop the name calling and logical fallacies and have an adult discussion if you want to be taken seriously.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sure what would ya like to know?
Your technique start to finish I got dried flower - beyond that I’m new - I don’t trust buying anything anymore - I’m working on edibles, multiple hash techs - and I’d like to have carts in my wheelhouse as well! I collect as much data as I can and work thru each process till I find what works for me.

Eskander

Eskander

I'd never even heard of them before yesterday. Carts aren't something that interests me aside from their technical merits. This is a screwy industry frankly I could see it go either way. I would at least expect someone who knew chemistry to pull out the PG if they were going to make a cheap dilution agent. Mineral oil sounds so half assed that it just makes me wonder.

-Eskander

Moshmen

Moshmen

I'd never even heard of them before yesterday. Carts aren't something that interests me aside from their technical merits. This is a screwy industry frankly I could see it go either way. I would at least expect someone who knew chemistry to pull out the PG if they were going to make a cheap dilution agent. Mineral oil sounds so half assed that it just makes me wonder.

-Eskander
@Moe.Red is usually on top of it! I trust him

leannaepulido

leannaepulido

i put the glass container in a brownie pan and after i take it out of the oven there is oil on the pan, is that thc being evaporated?
i just want to make sure i don't leave it in there too long or that im not wasting too much of the concentrate.. tko extracts

Eskander

Eskander

i put the glass container in a brownie pan and after i take it out of the oven there is oil on the pan, is that thc being evaporated?
i just want to make sure i don't leave it in there too long or that im not wasting too much of the concentrate.. tko extracts
Yes, you are wasting it. If it is a short path isolation you shouldn’t put it in the oven at all. Just get it warm enough to flow in hot water and add your thinner.

Looking at TKO’s website, they don’t seem to sell anything but preloaded carts. Given the reality of counterfeits out there, can you send us a picture of what you are doing?

-Eskander

Latest posts

Top Bottom