Beer as an "organic" fertilizer? And other organic stuff

• Thread starter Thatoneguywiththeplants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguywiththeplants

Thatoneguywiththeplants

So, I am currently running two feminized LSD photos from Barney's Farm under a cheap Aidyu 900w LED off of Amazon in a 24"×48"×60" tent with AC Infiniti Cloudline and Black Ops carbon filter. They're in 5 gallon pots with adequate drainage. I use Fox Farms Happy Frog soil which contains very little nutrients(mainly from bat guano and earthworm castings and is a peat or sphagnum moss base) and mychorrizae so it's excellent for starting seeds or clones as well as to be used as a base soil which I do both of. I mix a 5 gallon bucket with Happy Frog then I add about 1 3/4-2 cup of Blood Meal and same of Bone meal. I put that and 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket full of perlite and put into a bin and mix it then water and mix some more and let sit for about 2 weeks watering with water that has 1-2 ml per gallon of fish emulsion at 5-5-1. I let it dry out mostly but not all the way dry about the time I want to transplant and I add about another cup or more of bone meal to the mix since none meal is slow release. So, anyways, I'm not sure why I had to tell all of that but I had some slight yellowing around the edges of a few leaves and a brown spot on one of said edges and I deduced that it was either a potassium or a magnesium deficiency and I was planning on switching to flower next week so I wanted them super healthy and doing their thing so I asked a friend and he said to boil some darker beer(which I like to drink anyways - Yeungling) to get the carbonation and some alcohol out and then mix it 1/2-3/4 cup per gallon of water and give to the plants that it has magnesium and phosphorus in it and that it's extremely good for the plants in flower so I did it and I'll be damned my plants really liked it. I'm amazed to say the least. I am going to continue on with the beer regimen but with my smaller gimped up plant (the one I "experimented" on and took clones from 🤣 she had gotten some trauma at a few weeks old and didn't bounce back good) to see if she makes a dramatic comeback or not. I'll try to make time to keep u guys posted

Photos are right before flower last week. I took my white CFL out I needed it elsewhere. I'll try to take more pics. The pics with white light are at about 1 month into veg I waited about 2 more weeks then put into flower a few days ago. They are also SUPER LST'd lol they're like 1" off the ground most of main stalk running vertical with the ground that's why it's SO bushy....first grow ever by the way

Beer as an organic fertilizer and other organic stuff
Beer as an organic fertilizer and other organic stuff 2
Top Bottom