Before it gets too late...

• Thread starter BlackDahlia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Hey guys! Good to be back

So Im getting back into things now that VA is legal-ish. Ive got my tent set up in my powered, carpeted, semi insulated shed. Using all of the old equipment as well. I've got wifi outlets and wifi temp sensors/hygrometers which is so much easier than it used to be.

Anyway, one of the new hydro shops in the area (they're everywhere now) gifted me a Purple Marmalade Clone. It was already time for transplant when i received it, it had gotten to maybe 3 or 4 nodes, slight circling of roots when i finally got everything setup and transplanted. For the first 2 or 3 days she was under an LED light in the house. I think they topped it, the main set of leaves look like they were pinched off.

Temps in the shed were ranging between 60 and 80 the first couple of days until i got it under control, now were sitting at a good 70-80 range. Humidity is a little low which is my next mission.

I watered with nothing but tap water ph'd to 6.2 the first watering, the 2nd watering the day of transplant I used the clonex solution and 1/4 tbsp of molasses. I used half big foot half great white mycorrhizae when transplanting.

Using probably 75% ocean forest 20% coast of maine, and 5% perlite.

I think part of this is a mixture of it being hungry and rootbound before trnsplnt, and then stress from the 60° night or two and the transplant. Right now i am letting the soil dry out in hopes to make the roots search. Its been 5 days since watering/transplant. But its looked like this pretty much the whole time. Drooping, evenly light green leaves all over, purple stems (cold temps and genetics i think)

My Atlas seeds and Exotic Genetix "Tri-Cross" and "Shockwave" seedlings are doing fantastic!

Before it gets too late
Before it gets too late 2
Before it gets too late 3
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey black ,I wouldn't worry too much , the clone looks great considering you didn't make it so there's always a " refresh" period that you are obligated to perform as a new clone owner ( hope that makes sense ) gifted clones or purchased are almost always in my opinion in need of tlc

Yours look fine to me , I'd water her though and not push her to search out moisture , she's stressed enough , guarantee in 2 weeks she's going to stabilize and start moving in the right direction

Water her

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Newer growers should start quarantining any vegetation entering their homes or grow spaces. I don’t care who the source is. Further suggest treating with citric acid spray for powdery mildew and insects. Give your new plants or clones a week before introducing into your grow.

Again this is regardless of source. A multiple cup winning business here was selling clones with powdery mildew. When one of their employees really bitched about it they fucked up and fired him. Big mistake. Straight to the Fairbanks cannabis group on Fakebook and exposed it. The business denied it for about a week. Then complaints from people who brought PM and were having to deal with it backed him up. Again this was from a respected and cup winning operation.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Im utilizing my 8 year old ballast and hood till winter is over, i was amazed it still worked, its been stored in a container outside for years lmao. once it starts really getting warm out im gonna see what the LEDs are all about.
There’s nothing wrong with HID. The only reason I switched was the electric bill. I’m glad I did but I would rehang all the HPS again if I had to.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Hey black ,I wouldn't worry too much , the clone looks great considering you didn't make it so there's always a " refresh" period that you are obligated to perform as a new clone owner ( hope that makes sense ) gifted clones or purchased are almost always in my opinion in need of tlc

Yours look fine to me , I'd water her though and not push her to search out moisture , she's stressed enough , guarantee in 2 weeks she's going to stabilize and start moving in the right direction

Water her
Thanks for the advice man! I'll give that a try as well, i was also worried that i had overwatered when she was still in the solo cup, as ive always used smart pots and am not used to that. Another reason i had let her dry a bit.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Newer growers should start quarantining any vegetation entering their homes or grow spaces. I don’t care who the source is. Further suggest treating with citric acid spray for powdery mildew and insects. Give your new plants or clones a week before introducing into your grow.

Again this is regardless of source. A multiple cup winning business here was selling clones with powdery mildew. When one of their employees really bitched about it they fucked up and fired him. Big mistake. Straight to the Fairbanks cannabis group on Fakebook and exposed it. The business denied it for about a week. Then complaints from people who brought PM and were having to deal with it backed him up. Again this was from a respected and cup winning operation.
Absolutely, this one sat in the house for a few days. The seedlings were just brought out 2 days ago. Quickest germination and sprout ive ever done.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Flowering temperature is ideally at 84 - 85 °F. This will help keep leaf temps at the Cannabis-ideal 88 degrees when using our LED grow lights. Vegetative temperatures can range from 75°-90°. However, ideal vegetative growth will occur at 85 °F and 60-70% humidity.”

From Black Dog LED light company.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Once I added an Inkbird thermostat and a cheap 500 watt desk heater things turned around really quickly.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey G , yea I got hit with the powdery mildew and had absolutely no experience with it so as a measure to stop it in its tracks I tried the milk .....it seemed to work and didn't stink at all
About 2 weeks later I hit em with the powdered sulphur since I couldn't burn sulphur at my location
That really worked well , not sure how many applications are needed thru the length of a flower cycle but it seems like if you spray the plants down they may make it to finish ? Just never did it
I got the eagle 20 on standby but that's a different story

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m no cup winner but ran continuously for over two years no pests problems- I clone for the first time and the guy I send it too gets mites, embarrassing ! Lol - had em twice since someday I’ll learn . Lol

dire wolf

dire wolf

I’m no cup winner but ran continuously for over two years no pests problems- I clone for the first time and the guy I send it too gets mites, embarrassing ! Lol - had em twice since someday I’ll learn . Lol
I rarely blame the clone donator ( is that a word ?) I'm stoned ....anyway , mold and pests like mites are so insidious , I don't think many growers would pass them on intentionally

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Shes got the structure back, and new growth is starting back up. Hopefully she is getting what she needs from the OF, i added a bit of epsom and molasses on the last watering, as well as a very small amount of fish shit.

20220302 045055
20220302 045046
Top Bottom