Beginner Help! plz:) water stress/phosphorus deficiency

• Thread starter Dumpy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dumpy

Dumpy

Hey everyone I am having an issue with my plants šŸ˜„. I have just transferred them out side into a green house they have been there for about 2 days with no water! When I received my clones they were very wet so I decided wait a couple days before I watered them (I still have not). I sprayed some Einstein oil on them while the sun was out. One of them started showing signs of overwatering yesterday. The soil is still a little moist. My question is what should I do? I have done some research and I gathered because of the over watering and maybe heat stress the plants are now showing signs of phosphorus deficiency. I was planning on using the fox farm trio to feed them. Should I water them, feed them, wait it out I'm just a little lost. Here are the poor babies..

Beginner help plz water stressphosphorus deficiency

Beginner help plz water stressphosphorus deficiency 2

Dumpy

Dumpy

Forgot to mention that I have transferred them inside under a t5 reflector light for now.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That happened after you sprayed them with oil when the sun was shining? Probably cooked them.

Also, when you transplant the soil should be saturated til the point of runoff to ensure all the soil is wet.

Dumpy

Dumpy

That happened after you sprayed them with oil when the sun was shining? Probably cooked them.

Also, when you transplant the soil should be saturated til the point of runoff to ensure all the soil is wet.
Yes this happened after spraying however one of them was showing signs of water stress before I sprayed. Also I have aerated the pots. Is there anything else I could do?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yes this happened after spraying however one of them was showing signs of water stress before I sprayed. Also I have aerated the pots. Is there anything else I could do?

Water stress? you mean underwatering or over watering? Either way, the symptoms of water stress will make the plant very droopy. What you have looks like burn from spraying them with neem oil.

I honestly don't know how you can fix it now, keep the light very far away, make sure the soil is watered properly, then just wait it out. Hopefully they recover, if not, now you know not to spray them with neem oil in the middle of the day, especially when they are so small. Good luck.

Rawkn

Rawkn

Agreed, spraying while the sun is out can cook the leaves. My question is, we're they inside clones that you put outside? You need to harden them off by putting them in shade or a spot they'll only get like an hour of direct sun, then shade. This should be done for a few days. When going from grow lights, straight to sun they can't handle the intensity of it. There may be other problems at hand but my gut says there's a good chance the sun+wet leaves cooked them. I hope you don't lose them. Best of luck to you!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Agreed! Oil is bad midday good to do it at lights out....you should saturate the soil to run off depending how dry it was to start with it can also be a good idea to let water sit in that try for 15 to 30 minutes. You want a good bond between soil and roots...watering well achieves this..

Do you have fungus gnats? Tiny as fuck flies flying around. You can barely see them....ive seen folks with them and their plants have that brown look to the leaves where the petoile meets the leaf blades...just a thought thus coukd be fungus too....ive seen folks transplant and this happen even when they watered well....just an idea! Im no grower....

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

This could be a mold or fungus issue...i've seen it with fungus gnat issuea

Dumpy

Dumpy

Thanks everyone for the tips. What I have done is misted the plants very gently with water and cleaned the leaves off the best I could. I aerated the pot without damaging the roots. I fed its very first feed. They look like they are perking back up I will post back what happens šŸ˜ƒ. Also I have diluted the Einstein oil way more and added liquid soap with aloe Vera for the next time I try to use the bug repellent. It seems that was the issue after all.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks everyone for the tips. What I have done is misted the plants very gently with water and cleaned the leaves off the best I could. I aerated the pot without damaging the roots. I fed its very first feed. They look like they are perking back up I will post back what happens šŸ˜ƒ. Also I have diluted the Einstein oil way more and added liquid soap with aloe Vera for the next time I try to use the bug repellent. It seems that was the issue after all.

Great, forgot to ask about the dilution rate, I think Einstein oil should be diluted to 1-2 teaspoons per liter of water. Good luck!!

Ponky

Ponky

If they will recover it won't be worth the effort unless you can't get other clones or seeds. However. If you carefully cut off all the dead tissue. And provide good conditions. They could regenerate. If the roots and enough stalk and leaves are there. And the genetics are strong.

Top Bottom