Beginner hydro question about plant

• Thread starter Kingjames_dc5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kingjames_dc5

Kingjames_dc5

I have 2 autos going in my hydro system one is doing great and taking off like crazy the other has slowed down and is developing brown spots on leads also reddish bark on main stem with droopy leafs. Need help figuring out what going wrong with the one. My ph is in the right range and tds on third week of nutrients and is at 800 ppm

Beginner hydro question about plant
Beginner hydro question about plant 2
Beginner hydro question about plant 3
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Different plants like different food, clones are best for hydro systems.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Tbh I'm still enduring my first hydro experience and if I've learned anything it's less is more when it comes to nutrients. This chart has been one of the best things I've found on this forum. You gotta kinda tailor it to your nutes but it will make a difference if there's wild swings
PH and EC fluctuations in Hydroponics 768x576

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I use general hydroponics flora trio plus cal mag and I use a fraction of the recommended nutrients per gallon. Not everyone uses gh so like I say you gotta tailor it to your needs with ph and ppms

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

might wanna bring ppm down a bit, but I notice one thing you did not speak of... so how does the root on the plant that showing signs of over watering/under? And GH trio works just fine for hydro I’ve used my self

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

I was in a similar sitiation a week ago, I flushed the plant with plain water, then changed out res for a lower PPM. I only use maxigrow, cal/mag, and southern ag fungicide.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I was in a similar sitiation a week ago, I flushed the plant with plain water, then changed out res for a lower PPM. I only use maxigrow, cal/mag, and southern ag fungicide.
See that’s kind of the problem the original poster hasn’t stated if he’s doing live or sterile DWC, it could be root problems it don’t take much specially with lack of info no temp specs and etc so it hard to tell

Kingjames_dc5

Kingjames_dc5

I wasn’t adding cal mag to the res. I later found out that’s an important nut for plant am now dosing lower ppm on nuts and added cal mag to now plants are looking great roots look healthy have never really looked bad spots are gone and looking better.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I wasn’t adding cal mag to the res. I later found out that’s an important nut for plant am now dosing lower ppm on nuts and added cal mag to now plants are looking great roots look healthy have never really looked bad spots are gone and looking better.
Just remember an autoflower try not go crazy with nutes ppm stay below 700 and I would suggest grabbing hydro guard or anything with bacillus to help fight off any algae growth unless if your doing sterile than that’s a different approach but trust me your gonna want it.

Top Bottom