Beginner in trouble, not drying out

• Thread starter LegalizeNorway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Okey, so in new to growing and this forum, i have made mistakes (as a newbie should, i guess 😅) but now i am a little confused… i have dialed in my feeding (nutrition, using GHB coco 2 part) i am using coco coir and perlite, nothing more, only minerals as said.. but now 1 of my plants seems to have stopped drinking water at all (it whont dry out..) the other 2 are drying as usual 🙄 this one is also way ahead from the other 2 in maturity, no more new pistils and the buds are fattening up.. i’ve had a lockout earlier on another one (didnt get run-off from feeding i think) and fixed it with a flush.. can this be the same problem? Should i just flush it again? Will bring pictures if needed

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

dont treat coco like soil

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Yea i found this article, thats why i decided to join the forum xD only wish i had seen it a couple months ago, would have saved me alot of time :) im more worried about if i have another nute-lockout or something.. i will get back tomorrow with photos

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea i found this article, thats why i decided to join the forum xD only wish i had seen it a couple months ago, would have saved me alot of time :) im more worried about if i have another nute-lockout or something.. i will get back tomorrow with photos
Can you give the runoff ph and ppm?

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

and btw, i will make sure to try out that on my next run, wich is coming up in a couple of weeks :) thanks for the response

013FDF6F 3073 4B2B 85E1 F1CA24540B7D
9353434F 3C1D 4D27 9152 2E21397E51F4
F3879EA3 7E9D 43DC 8DCB 40B4AB07B501
LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

i dont have a EC-meter yet, i think thats what i measure ppm with? i've ordered one yesterday tho xD this hobby is stacking up on equipment atm :p not sure if the photos came through, but i'll post them again. i forgot to mention that i just fed the other 2 yesterday, checked ph before and it was at 5.8, wich SHOULD be in the lower "okey"-area of coco? i also ordered some ph + - ...
i should also mention im in the late part of week 6 flower, so she should have a week or 2 left (the brown spots and nute-damage is from earlier stage)
IMG 2619
IMG 2617
IMG 2616

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i dont have a EC-meter yet, i think thats what i measure ppm with? i've ordered one yesterday tho xD this hobby is stacking up on equipment atm :p not sure if the photos came through, but i'll post them again. i forgot to mention that i just fed the other 2 yesterday, checked ph before and it was at 5.8, wich SHOULD be in the lower "okey"-area of coco? i also ordered some ph + - ...
i should also mention im in the late part of week 6 flower, so she should have a week or 2 left (the brown spots and nute-damage is from earlier stage)
View attachment 1289155View attachment 1289156View attachment 1289157
They dont look bad and i think you’ll be happy with them by the time they finish

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

They dont look bad and i think you’ll be happy with them by the time they finish
Thanks 😊 im already super happy they survived this long, the harvest is going to be so euphoric 😂 most stressful hobby i EVER had, but man i regret not starting earlier 💚 even the growing is theraputical for me 😁 quick question tho: when growing in coco, and i fed water, will the yellowing of the leaves occur the next day? Or can it be that this girl is close to beeing finnished? I see that it is just slowly yellowing of the leaves now (fan leaves, and a few sugar leaves starting to fade) no new spotting or damage

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks 😊 im already super happy they survived this long, the harvest is going to be so euphoric 😂 most stressful hobby i EVER had, but man i regret not starting earlier 💚 even the growing is theraputical for me 😁 quick question tho: when growing in coco, and i fed water, will the yellowing of the leaves occur the next day? Or can it be that this girl is close to beeing finnished? I see that it is just slowly yellowing of the leaves now (fan leaves, and a few sugar leaves starting to fade) no new spotting or damage
Its probably a combination. Many nutes cut N to early so next grkw feed ceg nutrients until after stretch

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Its probably a combination. Many nutes cut N to early so next grkw feed ceg nutrients until after stretch
Ceg = veg? Since i started with coco coir this time, i decided to keep it going on the next one. Difference beeing im gonna use 5gallon air-pots and more reliable genetics.. and autoflower, these are supossed to be photo’s, but im not convinced they are 😅 also, i will try that feeding chart you posted, im pretty sure it will get easier on the next run, with mostof the equipment good to go 👌 anyway, thanks for the help guys, i feel that this is the place to look for help from here on 💚

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ceg = veg? Since i started with coco coir this time, i decided to keep it going on the next one. Difference beeing im gonna use 5gallon air-pots and more reliable genetics.. and autoflower, these are supossed to be photo’s, but im not convinced they are 😅 also, i will try that feeding chart you posted, im pretty sure it will get easier on the next run, with mostof the equipment good to go 👌 anyway, thanks for the help guys, i feel that this is the place to look for help from here on 💚
Yeah sorry fat fingers Veg

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Yeah sorry fat fingers Veg
just a quick question i had trouble finding in the forum: i started my 5gal pot project, but i didnt keep in mind how small the flowers are in the start (i put them straight in the final pot after germ) and as i have been watering now for the first week or so.. my question is: should i water the ENTIRE pot when watering? or should i just keep on watering just for the flower?
i heard somewhere something about the PH etc might get unbalanced if i just water the flower area...

TSD

TSD

just a quick question i had trouble finding in the forum: i started my 5gal pot project, but i didnt keep in mind how small the flowers are in the start (i put them straight in the final pot after germ) and as i have been watering now for the first week or so.. my question is: should i water the ENTIRE pot when watering? or should i just keep on watering just for the flower?
i heard somewhere something about the PH etc might get unbalanced if i just water the flower area...
Yeah you should saturate entirely in any media, but coco especially needs to stay evenly moist and you need to water to runoff so you don't get buildup in the media... and roots won't grow into dry media. Aquaman is your coco guy.

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Yeah you should saturate entirely in any media, but coco especially needs to stay evenly moist and you need to water to runoff so you don't get buildup in the media... and roots won't grow into dry media. Aquaman is your coco guy.
F******ck… i’ve been cutting corners on that watering, only watered the flower, but ofc that makesso much sense >_< thanks so much for ur response *running at the light of speed to the tent now*

T

Titleist

Let me throw up a salute to you sir for going coco as a new grower. Not the easiest method for the learning stages. Looks like you're going to make it all the way too, nice job.

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

Let me throw up a salute to you sir for going coco as a new grower. Not the easiest method for the learning stages. Looks like you're going to make it all the way too, nice job.
thanks for the nice words my dude <3 these flowers are actually done, and they came out pretty sweet aswell, drying got a little messed up, but still got some good terps from it now :D trying a 5gal autoflower project now (they say aim for the moon, right? xD)

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Have been growing in coco for years. Those girls look like they could use a flush and then to keep them always moist. When you let them dry out, the pH gets messed up and they accumulate nutrients. That locks out potassium, which causes the yellowing and turning up of the leaves that you’re seeing. It can go real south if you don’t resolve it. Best way to check it out is test the ppm and pH of your runoff. A slurry test will also work, but checking your runoff in coco gives you a decent rule of thumb. If the ppm of your runoff is higher than the ppm of your feed, they are accumulating it. If it is lower, then they are hungry. I would check their runoff first and verify the situation. Then I would adjust your feeding practices. If the runoff remains elevated, then I would reduce the strength of your feeds to get them dialed in. Once the strength of your feed is dialed into your plants, you can hit them three or four times a day and they won’t accumulate nutrients in the media. They will just love you for it. Coco done right can be explosive. If you get it out of tune though, it can go sideways much faster than soil. Good luck dude. Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom