Beginner Purchasing Two Tents, Does this Look Right?

• Thread starter LeonardM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LeonardM

LeonardM

[Itemized List Below]

After doing a fair bit of research, I have elected to purchase two 4x8 vivosun grow tents along with the vivosun 6" air kit, along with four 1000w HPS light kits. With all the fiddly bits added in my order is just under $3,000 CDN which is right where I expected it to be. I am planning on growing in soil to start, focusing on simple to grow feminized strains like white widow to start. I plan on using trellis'. Beyond that I am truly a beginning grower. I got the bug growing outdoors this year really bad and this has become an obsession in very short order. Anyhoo, here is what I am planning to order, after checking in with the good folks here first. I have an extended family of medical users who will all be (hopefully) benefiting from your help. Thank you in advance!

I will be growing in a fully finished climate controlled basement that is looked after by a professional high end full house heat pump system. I have an entire basement to fiddle with and space is of zero concern. Lots and lots of ventilation. These are my two starter tents. I want to see how this goes before I start building rooms and buying big $1000 tents etc.

VIVOSUN Hydroponic 1000 Watt HPS MH Grow Light Bulb Digital Dimmable Ballast Air Cooled Hood Reflector Set
x4 @$300 each

VIVOSUN 6 Inch 440 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 6 Inch Carbon Filter and 8 Feet of Ducting Combo for Grow Tent Ventilation
x2 @$209 each

VIVOSUN 96"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 4'x8'
x2 @$270

Honeywell HCE100RCD1 Heat Bud Personal Ceramic Heater, Red
x2@$30

Lots and lots of fiddly bits that add up to a bunch. Look forward to hearing back

B

bloodhungry

Your going to need an air conditioner in your growroom, it will help keep the humidity down as well. Id recommend if money isn't an issue a window ac as they tend to work better than a stand up. Again if money isn't an issue id also recommend getting a stand up dehumifier as you will see a few weeks into flower, itll start to get really humid.

basscaptain

basscaptain

You should really look into led lights for the money your spending on those sodiums. It also eliminates all the duct to cool the hoods and no hoods. Really just need the inline fan running to a carbon filter right outside the tent.
100% thats what I would do

LeonardM

LeonardM

So switch to LED's, that I can do. Not overly worried about the climate control in the basement at all. The heat pump I put in last year is the size of small car. It can literally do a house twice the size of what I have. It wasn't a deliberate choice or anything, I am not a loon or anything with my money. It just happened to be a crazy good deal at the time so I elected to get it because it cost actually less than other options at the time.
I based my purchase decision on what, on average, my wife would project to spend on cannabis in the run of the year at our Canadian price point, which is in the range of $4800 per year. She has ptsd and I have Crohn's disease so the consumption can be rather 'high' at times. Punny! Anyways I have no problem spending $3000 for this set up but the $700 per month added power bill? Yikes. LED it is! I think I might need to have another full go thru the forums and come back to this again. I really need to get on this!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Would the VIPARSPECTRA Par700 be ok, two per tent? They seem to be well liked. Damn lights are a hard decision. Why is this so hard!? I am agonizing over this.
you might talk to some of the LED guys here they have their own forum and they could most likely help, good luck!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What I use have 0 complaints and way more than enough light than needed for my 4x4. I never run it at max. Use it in a sealed CO2 supplemented room.

Seeing lots of people with success with the Chinese knock offs though and they are fairly cheap about $400 I think for the equivalent.

basscaptain

basscaptain

basscaptain

basscaptain

2 tents = 240.00 us,
6 lights = 750.00 us

Have a Great Day.... >>>>> Grow :)

I Just Did this but smaller tents

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

So switch to LED's, that I can do. Not overly worried about the climate control in the basement at all. The heat pump I put in last year is the size of small car. It can literally do a house twice the size of what I have. It wasn't a deliberate choice or anything, I am not a loon or anything with my money. It just happened to be a crazy good deal at the time so I elected to get it because it cost actually less than other options at the time.
I based my purchase decision on what, on average, my wife would project to spend on cannabis in the run of the year at our Canadian price point, which is in the range of $4800 per year. She has ptsd and I have Crohn's disease so the consumption can be rather 'high' at times. Punny! Anyways I have no problem spending $3000 for this set up but the $700 per month added power bill? Yikes. LED it is! I think I might need to have another full go thru the forums and come back to this again. I really need to get on this!
are you kidding me?
whats power cost out east?

if it was 7c kw/h you would pay ~50$ a month per light on 24 hours
~25 for lights on 12/12
&c

at 14c kw/h to run 1k 24h a day it costs $102.27
so probably 400 a month to run 4 lights 24/7

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

are you kidding me?
whats power cost out east?

if it was 7c kw/h you would pay ~50$ a month per light on 24 hours