Beginner Purchasing Two Tents, Does this Look Right?

• Thread starter LeonardM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

and you will pull proper weight with your hps
like 2lb a tent a crop

who knows what you get with an led setup
Whoa... Shots fired maybe you don't know, maybe your not up on the times, maybe you are just ignorant? ( In the true meaning of the word), maybe you haven't looked around this or other forums but LED is easily as good or better than HID. I'm not talking about the shit on Amazon I'm talking quality LED sir.

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, ditch the heaters. You probably wont need them. That being said, you will most likely need an AC unit. At least a window shaker. 2 1000w hps in an 4x8 will be hard to keep the temps down without one. Even if you had cool tubes.

Depending on where you live that is. Also you might want to get a dehumidifier, ph pen, ec pen and a small sump. 2 4x8's would take a shit load of hand watering. Mixing nutrients in large quantities and using a small sump to water usually ends up being the best way about it.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Yeah, ditch the heaters. You probably wont need them. That being said, you will most likely need an AC unit. At least a window shaker. 2 1000w hps in an 4x8 will be hard to keep the temps down without one. Even if you had cool tubes.

Depending on where you live that is. Also you might want to get a dehumidifier, ph pen, ec pen and a small sump. 2 4x8's would take a shit load of hand watering. Mixing nutrients in large quantities and using a small sump to water usually ends up being the best way about it.
I have. 5*10 tent
Two hps
One 8in hyper fan
No heat issues and like 50% power

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Whoa... Shots fired maybe you don't know, maybe your not up on the times, maybe you are just ignorant? ( In the true meaning of the word), maybe you haven't looked around this or other forums but LED is easily as good or better than HID. I'm not talking about the shit on Amazon I'm talking quality LED sir.
Look at all the trigger led people

If you listen to them, you'll be sorry while it smoking ur airy bud

BigCube

BigCube

Look at all the trigger led people

If you listen to them, you'll be sorry while it smoking ur airy bud

Lol, airy bud? Not my LED. If it did, I wouldn't use it. I get hard, heavy resin filled, stinky buds. I have HPS setups in boxes in my crawlspace. If my LED wasn't good, I would be using them.

Some day people wont be able to deny the actual power of some LEDs. But to be fair, it's only the last few years that LED technology has become an actual option.

I'd like to hear an argument that explains what makes the actual photons coming out of the device different? I mean, spectrum, par.

The facts are, the plant gives zero fucks where the light comes from, it cares about how much of what wave lengths.

Break out a par meter and check some things out 😀 try a competent LED fixture.

The reality is, a very many of us LED users, were HID users. We all have our own reasons for switching, but mine was to actually see how good they are.

Light is light. Where it comes from Doesn't matter. I like that I can do with 250w, what used to take me 1000w. Also less heat, less cost, and longer life.

I will agree if you're talking about %90 of the fixtures on Amazon or Ebay. But that's why you have 90 days to return it lol. I bought other led fixtures before the one I currently use, but they didn't spec out. Back to Amazon it goes 😀.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Lol, airy bud? Not my LED. If it did, I wouldn't use it. I get hard, heavy resin filled, stinky buds. I have HPS setups in boxes in my crawlspace. If my LED wasn't good, I would be using them.

Some day people wont be able to deny the actual power of some LEDs. But to be fair, it's only the last few years that LED technology has become an actual option.

I'd like to hear an argument that explains what makes the actual photons coming out of the device different? I mean, spectrum, par.

The facts are, the plant gives zero fucks where the light comes from, it cares about how much of what wave lengths.

Break out a par meter and check some things out 😀 try a competent LED fixture.

The reality is, a very many of us LED users, were HID users. We all have our own reasons for switching, but mine was to actually see how good they are.

Light is light. Where it comes from Doesn't matter. I like that I can do with 250w, what used to take me 1000w. Also less heat, less cost, and longer life.

I will agree if you're talking about %90 of the fixtures on Amazon or Ebay. But that's why you have 90 days to return it lol. I bought other led fixtures before the one I currently use, but they didn't spec out. Back to Amazon it goes 😀.

tried them in the mid 00's
expensive and unreliable and all the parts are from asia.
Ill stick with made in america with american parts

maybe that has changed, but I could have 4 hps that i know will work,
or for the same price, a giant contraption that may or may not work as well

seems risky at best to me

T

Tatonka Kush

[Itemized List Below]

After doing a fair bit of research, I have elected to purchase two 4x8 vivosun grow tents along with the vivosun 6" air kit, along with four 1000w HPS light kits. With all the fiddly bits added in my order is just under $3,000 CDN which is right where I expected it to be. I am planning on growing in soil to start, focusing on simple to grow feminized strains like white widow to start. I plan on using trellis'. Beyond that I am truly a beginning grower. I got the bug growing outdoors this year really bad and this has become an obsession in very short order. Anyhoo, here is what I am planning to order, after checking in with the good folks here first. I have an extended family of medical users who will all be (hopefully) benefiting from your help. Thank you in advance!

I will be growing in a fully finished climate controlled basement that is looked after by a professional high end full house heat pump system. I have an entire basement to fiddle with and space is of zero concern. Lots and lots of ventilation. These are my two starter tents. I want to see how this goes before I start building rooms and buying big $1000 tents etc.

VIVOSUN Hydroponic 1000 Watt HPS MH Grow Light Bulb Digital Dimmable Ballast Air Cooled Hood Reflector Set
x4 @$300 each

VIVOSUN 6 Inch 440 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 6 Inch Carbon Filter and 8 Feet of Ducting Combo for Grow Tent Ventilation
x2 @$209 each

VIVOSUN 96"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 4'x8'
x2 @$270

Honeywell HCE100RCD1 Heat Bud Personal Ceramic Heater, Red
x2@$30

Lots and lots of fiddly bits that add up to a bunch. Look forward to hearing back
Did you get a complete grow tent kit. I'm a newbie as well but I've did alot of research and reading about growing different Marijuana strains and they say it's good to start small like a 3x3 or 4x4 with a couple of 600 Watt HPS/MH or 2-315watt CMH grow lights and spread the lights for more coverage. But the way I'd go is a 630 Watt CMH DE or 2-630 Watt CMH and spread it out. By the way you got some kick ass Grow Gear.

Migrower

Migrower

I use led and maybe you should go check out my last grow. Far from airy. I’ve seen cannabis grown with almost every form available. I’ll grab top of the line LED over the rest in this day n age hands down.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

I use led and maybe you should go check out my last grow. Far from airy. I’ve seen cannabis grown with almost every form available. I’ll grab top of the line LED over the rest in this day n age hands down.
First grow ever,this is the journal

that one?

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

if so its very nice for your first grow, but imo, under hps those buds would have been the size of volkswagons :)

LeonardM

LeonardM

My twin brother is a licensed plumber. Friends in low places as they say

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

yeah not how triggered people react :) My obvious mistake.

have you ever read ovid?
or even know who he is?
Not triggered, the comment is in relation to time my friend not some asinine, uneducated blanket statement such as yours. mid 00's you say? you basing you opinion off 15+ years ago? The world is not longer flat my friend.

Its common ppl like you resort to using the terms triggered and other memes to justify their position when they are wrong and grasping for straws. I'm betting you will sit here and defend you idiotic statements until the end of time.

While LED (like in my previous post speaking quality LED) may not be justifiable to some based on cost its absolutely comparable at minimum to HID in terms of quality of bud. Nothing wrong with HID not a dam thing but to blanket statement LED grows airy inferior bud is just plain WRONG!!!!

So go ahead and keep making yourself look stupid i'll just sit here and watch.

Migrower

Migrower

That’s the one yes. And my friend uses cmh hps combo with switching out bulbs at flip from 5k to 3500k. We both run the same cuts from the same source. In half his space with 1/5 of the plants( much larger ofcourse )I pulled only 11 oz less than him for hundreds less in electricity on my first cannabis grow. He’s a longtime grower and advised me not to get LEDs. Long story short He now has the same lights I do. With the style I grow I won’t get donkey dicks. I’m not looking for them. I’ll get nice uniform mostly mixed flowers throughout my colas and even mid canopy. I could grow large flowers under LEDs I’ve seen it done. It’s just style of grow.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Not triggered, the comment is in relation to time my friend not some asinine, uneducated blanket statement such as yours. mid 00's you say? you basing you opinion off 15+ years ago? The world is not longer flat my friend.

Its common ppl like you resort to using the terms triggered and other memes to justify their position when they are wrong and grasping for straws. I'm betting you will sit here and defend you idiotic statements until the end of time.

While LED (like in my previous post speaking quality LED) may not be justifiable to some based on cost its absolutely comparable at minimum to HID in terms of quality of bud. Nothing wrong with HID not a dam thing but to blanket statement LED grows airy inferior bud is just plain WRONG!!!!

So go ahead and keep making yourself look stupid i'll just sit here and watch.
"Nothing wrong with HID not a dam thing"
big of you to admit?

i used triggered because irrationally & emotionally tied to a belief is a bit wordy...

honestly... how many of you have financial or commercial ties to led light manufactures?

Migrower

Migrower

Correction “ mostly uniform medium to large flowers on top through mid canopy”

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

"Nothing wrong with HID not a dam thing"
big of you to admit?

i used triggered because irrationally & emotionally tied to a belief is a bit wordy...

honestly... how many of you have financial or commercial ties to led light manufactures?
WTF you talking about? LED manufactures have nothing to do with idiotic statements. I will absolutely agree some LED produce shitty airy buds. Not all lighst are created equal. You see i have the ability to think rationally about what im saying... Doesn't quite fit your triggered meme does it? you are blanket stating all LED's and you are wrong period.

I'm not as you put it an LED guy. I think the right light for the job... why does it have to be one or the other? Some like to keep cost upfront down, some like to keep running costs down, some can afford the heat, others cannot. To make a blanket statement is just plain stupid

Top Bottom