Beginner Purchasing Two Tents, Does this Look Right?

• Thread starter LeonardM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

"Nothing wrong with HID not a dam thing"
big of you to admit?

i used triggered because irrationally & emotionally tied to a belief is a bit wordy...

honestly... how many of you have financial or commercial ties to led light manufactures?
So you are triggered by your own definition? kinda ironic no?

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

WTF you talking about? LED manufactures have nothing to do with idiotic statements. I will absolutely agree some LED produce shitty airy buds. Not all lighst are created equal. You see i have the ability to think rationally about what im saying... Doesn't quite fit your triggered meme does it? you are blanket stating all LED's and you are wrong period.

I'm not as you put it an LED guy. I think the right light for the job... why does it have to be one or the other?
so, I take it you are connected to the product in someway other than as a consumer?

im not sure why you think acting like a lunatic and calling me names is going to further the conversation...

implying you are better educated than me is laughable on the face of it, and completely irrelevant to anything...

if growcube says leds work than I am prone to believe they have gotten to a usable stage, but its still experimental at best and shouldnt steer newcomers to something with a "90% garbage rate on amazon"

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Correction “ mostly uniform medium to large flowers on top through mid canopy”
im not saying its not a great grow buddy, im just saying if you ran that side by side a 1k hps tent... volkswagons

Migrower

Migrower

That’s because 90% of amazons LEDs are junk. Try a quality diode and driver or a quality LED manufacturer. It’s like any other product there will be quality and junk if the product has a strong market

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so, I take it you are connected to the product in someway other than as a consumer?

im not sure why you think acting like a lunatic and calling me names is going to further the conversation...

implying you are better educated than me is laughable on the face of it, and completely irrelevant to anything...

if growcube says leds work than I am prone to believe they have gotten to a usable stage, but its still experimental at best and shouldnt steer newcomers to something with a "90% garbage rate on amazon"
Look you started it by calling me triggered... I'm am responding with facts in kind. I'm not claiming to be any more educated than you in general but i sure the hell am in terms of this discussion. I have 0 ties to any company and if you look around this forum or ask other members you will see that. I have no problem recommending any type of lighting that migh fit what the person is looking for.

So in bold you are saying you are wrong? leading to prove by your definition you are triggered? Don't start back pedalling playing victim now after calling me triggered and making accusations I have ties to the industry... just laughable. Also in bold who here is steering people to amazon garbage? Nope look at the posts even i stated in my posts amazon LED are garbage. Nobody here recommended it before you come in with your triggered remarks so stop inventing shit to support you outdated uneducated opinion on the matter.

You wanna know the biggest differnce with LED vs HID.... COST! either upfront or in the long run.

BigCube

BigCube

tried them in the mid 00's
expensive and unreliable and all the parts are from asia.
Ill stick with made in america with american parts

maybe that has changed, but I could have 4 hps that i know will work,
or for the same price, a giant contraption that may or may not work as well

seems risky at best to me

Depends on what you get. The lights I get are $110 Canadian. And perform as well as my 1000w HIDs.

But you are right. It's a mine field. If you were to buy a random led off of Amazon, even if you trust their advertised par values are accurate (most of them arent) you are probably %90 or more likely to get something that sucks.

If you want certainty, HIDs have standards (400w 600w 1000w) . No matter who made it or where you buy it. It's a known product. LEDs cant yet offer that piece of mind, I must admit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Depends on what you get. The lights I get are $110 Canadian. And perform as well as my 1000w HIDs.

But you are right. It's a mine field. If you were to buy a random led off of Amazon, even if you trust their advertised par values are accurate (most of them arent) you are probably %90 or more likely to get something that sucks.

If you want certainty, HIDs have standards (400w 600w 1000w) . No matter who made it or where you buy it. It's a known product. LEDs cant yet offer that piece of mind, I must admit.
I think there are plenty of proven LED's but i agree amazon is not the place. HLG, Timber, Rapid and a few others

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

do you have a link to those led?
100 bucks each I can afford to experiment :)

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Look you started it by calling me triggered... I'm am responding with facts in kind. I'm not claiming to be any more educated than you in general but i sure the hell am in terms of this discussion. I have 0 ties to any company and if you look around this forum or ask other members you will see that. I have no problem recommending any type of lighting that migh fit what the person is looking for.

So in bold you are saying you are wrong? leading to prove by your definition you are triggered? Don't start back pedalling playing victim now after calling me triggered and making accusations I have ties to the industry... just laughable. Also in bold who here is steering people to amazon garbage? Nope look at the posts even i stated in my posts amazon LED are garbage. Nobody here recommended it before you come in with your triggered remarks so stop inventing shit to support you outdated uneducated opinion on the matter.

You wanna know the biggest differnce with LED vs HID.... COST! either upfront or in the long run.

man you sure to posit a lot of intention...

anyway cest la vive
"You wanna know the biggest differnce with LED vs HID.."
I would have maybe went with you know 60 years of reliability and testing
but to each his own.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

man you sure to posit a lot of intention...

anyway cest la vive
"You wanna know the biggest differnce with LED vs HID.."
I would have maybe went with you know 60 years of reliability and testing
but to each his own.
The world is not flat my friend and testing continues science evolves... Maybe you should try it before shitting on people and calling them triggered to avoid the dreaded "foot in mouth syndrome" you called me out So i called you out.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

yea stay off Chinazon......... go with nice brand names for lights like....
discount for THC users...

BOGO need 8 of these MARS they just held a raffle for their new lights and tent...Check these I would.

Optic is in the top 3 for grow light efficiency my choice if I had the resources...... the Light is the most expensive piece of equipment. HPS is obsolete, CMH becoming obsolete, and LED only getting better......Stay away from Chinazon whitebox LED like VIPARSPECTRA Par700 .

they are all made with Chinese parts... where they are assembled and by who hardly makes a mountain of difference.

The world is not flat my friend and testing continues science evolves... Maybe you should try it before shitting on people and calling them triggered to avoid the dreaded "foot in mouth syndrome" you called me out So i called you out.

i feel like we are in two very different places in this conversation
i never called you out, simply pointed out that you get upset about leds being criticized like my girlfriend does when you dont like her american idol pick...
calm down bro, im not your enemy nor do I think less of you as a grow or a person for disagreeing with me :)
If I wanted to be a dick I would start by saying somthing douchbagy and condescending like....

science being an incorporeal system of observation doesnt evolve...

only much douchier

so chill out buddy, same team
im sorry i questioned the validity of your axioms

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

they are all made with Chinese parts... where they are assembled and by who hardly makes a mountain of difference.

i feel like we are in two very different places in this conversation
i never called you out, simply pointed out that you get upset about leds being criticized like my girlfriend does when you dont like her american idol pick...
calm down bro, im not your enemy nor do I think less of you as a grow or a person for disagreeing with me :)
If I wanted to be a dick I would start by saying somthing douchbagy and condescending like....

science being an incorporeal system of observation doesnt evolve...

only much douchier

so chill out buddy, same team
im sorry i questioned the validity of your axioms
Read you definition and tell me how it's not insulting then re read your posts about education. Tell me you were not trying to insult me or call me out on knowledge... Right ok let's just play victim here.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Read you definition and tell me how it's not insulting then re read your posts about education. Tell me you were not trying to insult me or call me out on knowledge... Right ok let's just play victim here.
okay what definition?
im seriously not playing victim... not even sure how that would happen as i can assure you I havnt been victimized by anyone, unless the led mafia is after me or something:P
you can call me names if you want bro, i didnt say that because my feels... i was just pointing it out that it doesnt help your side of the argument
IF you have good solid info, you know as the new commer tech, lay it bare for the world to see, or atleast let people know its not mainstream, despite what your bias is.

I wasnt insulting you or calling you out on knowledge, just correcting the biased info you were giving rookie.

I honestly have no ill feeling towards you at all aqua, :)
i think I would, rightly or wrongly, if i was upset at you over this

le mond cest bon mon ami

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

okay what definition?
im seriously not playing victim... not even sure how that would happen as i can assure you I havnt been victimized by anyone, unless the led mafia is after me or something:P
you can call me names if you want bro, i didnt say that because my feels... i was just pointing it out that it doesnt help your side of the argument
IF you have good solid info, you know as the new commer tech, lay it bare for the world to see, or atleast let people know its not mainstream, despite what your bias is.

I wasnt insulting you or calling you out on knowledge, just correcting the biased info you were giving rookie.

I honestly have no ill feeling towards you at all aqua, :)
i think I would, rightly or wrongly, if i was upset at you over this

le mond cest bon mon ami
what bias info are you correcting? you mean yoru info regarding airy shitty buds and lower yields?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Gardening and outdoors this year. I consider myself in all aspects a newbie
Man, you LED guys are defensive! Help the brother out and quit arguing!
Bro, start easy get yourself a 315w CMH start there. Take your time once you feel you’ve honed your growing abilities work your way up to what you would feel works for you.
Remember patience, this hobby takes time, effort and patience it doesn’t come over night.
Good luck bro, hope to see you around:)

LeonardM

LeonardM

I am sorry this created so much friction among the community here, which of course was not my intent. I re-posted in the LED light forum. Again, sorry if I created a ripe environment for disagreement. I have elected to buy LED lights not because they are better or worse, but because they simply seem quite interesting compared to a traditional bulb. On that reason alone I have decided that I will go that direction. The other lights also look equally excellent and have a tried and true results as well. I just need to order lights really soon and agonizing over them is getting me no closer to starting my first indoor grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom