How do I know when to harvest. How to dry and cure properly

• Days

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Weeks

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

Hey what's up all. I've been growing now 2 years and trying to get the hrvest and cure down pat. I need some good pointers on cure. I'm trying to bring out the most of the flavor of the bud.

Beginning growing
Beginning growing 2
Beginning growing 3
Beginning growing 4
Beginning growing 5
Beginning growing 6
Beginning growing 7
Beginning growing 8
Beginning growing 9
Beginning growing 10
Beginning growing 11
NHWhites

NHWhites

Wait until it's more ripe, Amber trichs. Let the medium dry out and leave it in the dark for 24-48 hours before you plan to chop. Dry around 70* and 50% humidity for 5-7 days then jar and burp

Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

Wait until it's more ripe, Amber trichs. Let the medium dry out and leave it in the dark for 24-48 hours before you plan to chop. Dry around 70* and 50% humidity for 5-7 days then jar and burp
Should I water again or let it dry out from here on??

Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

These are all different strains so I guess they will all differ in harvest time.

Dunge

Dunge

I agree on your drying specifications, but I need convincing on that 'pre chop dark period'.

NHWhites

NHWhites

I agree on your drying specifications, but I need convincing on that 'pre chop dark period'.
Do or don't, it's up to you. Sitting in the dark prevents more chlorophyll from being up taken

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I do a coarse wet trim of all the leaves that are NOT frosty, then do a dry trim for final nuggets.

coarse trim is quick and easy, basically trim all the larger leaves but leave all the frosty sugar leaves.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

5-7 days to me is a little on the fast side. I try to get a minimum of 8 day dry but my goal is 10 days. Jungle boys apparently do a 2 week dry. Really helps with flavor. And no I have never had mold problems from drying up to 10 days(but if you already had botrytis it is systemic and you have to make much smaller branches to hang dry and cut away the bad 2 inches below infected area). Then I do the final trim and burp jars for the first week. Then a minimum of 2 week cure.
Couple this with a organic growing style and your producing flavorful meds.

Jumbobudski

Jumbobudski

Could you touch more on your storage of meds. Maybe specifically use of the fridge?
I have a small plant about 3 foot tall it is in a smallish pot. Very small buds. Leaves are turning a lime green color I will post pics. I want to know if putting it in a new bigger pot will hurt it or help it ??

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Could you touch more on your storage of meds. Maybe specifically use of the fridge?
We vacuum seal it up in 1 gal bags, then put in the fridge, in the drawers..

But my drying/curing starts real early.
I explain..

I flush my plants depending on coco or rdwc, from 3 to 7 days,
then i run it dry for 3 days with the light schedule same.
I even got a buddy in coco that pours boiling water thru his coco median.
in 3 days there isnt no fan leaves.
cut individual branches and hang,
14 days in the dark..
But my drying and curing starts when i run the plant dry and it starts pulling water from every part of the plant. When I chop what fans are left are starting to turn crispy..
I found this way to be best for smell and taste..
For the guy above who said he dont like trimming dry....
If its dried right, you dont trim them,
you just run your hand around it softly like your chucking corn,
and they crumble off,
then you put it in jars, or 5 gal bucket with lid,
and let it re-hydrate itself from the inside out..
A few days and its got a uniform dryness to it,
then vacuum sealed and put in the fridge
to finish curing....
Its ready for consumption at that point....
even with out any more cure, but i let it cure till its needed..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Here are the pictures of my small girl won the lime green leaves. I want to repot her
you need to get accustom to giving more information when inquiring,
like what is your media, nutrients, set up, etc..
But to answer straight off your plant is only a short time from harvest,
and nothing will prob help that..
Learn about diff medians...
Soil is like Capt Caveman unless its well amended, and then its still slowing that molasses, which you need to read about to feed your microbes so kim jung's 1 million man army can get to work in your root zone...

Latest posts

Top Bottom