Beginning of possible nitrogen toxicity?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey guys new grower here and have a couple questions. The two pictures the plant looks darker green and a noticed some clawing. I transplanted into purple cow Indicanja last Sunday and have 6 strains going. It doesn’t seem to be affecting any other plants.What should I do to remedy this? Flush with distilled water?
Temps: 75F
RH: 55%

Beginning of possible nitrogen toxicity
Beginning of possible nitrogen toxicity 2
Beginning of possible nitrogen toxicity 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmm, to me doesn’t seem to be the nutrients, most times that leave look your noticing in the third pic is from watering to often, i see it’s been topped?
did you do the transplant and the topping within a couple days?.
when did you top her?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
mmm, to me doesn’t seem to be the nutrients, most times that leave look your noticing in the third pic is from watering to often, i see it’s been topped?
did you do the transplant and the topping within a couple days?.
when did you top her?
I topped like 4 days ago and was transplanted last Sunday into the indicanja soil. I’ll wait to flush it and just back off the watering a bit but I water yesterday and the time before that was Sunday around a half gal in a 3 gal pot. I thought saturating the new medium was a good thing but maybe it was a bit too much for the freshly transplanted girl.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
no reason to flush just give it time as she’s stressed a bit and only water when it’s dry..
One more question my amnesia haze haze been droopy and the foliage seems dull or darker green. It’s been 6 days since I watered with about a half gal. I’m pretty sure she’s been overwatered bc all my other plants were dry so I watered and they are now “praying” to the grow gods but she was still wet and I used a moisture meter as well which showed she was really wet still. After 6 days tho!? I’m hoping the natural sun and concrete ground will dry her up and she will be perked up again and not sagging. So we will see after today how she’s doing but tomorrow will be a whole week since my last watering.

F38438B8 7A8A 41F3 85AA 7592BCD02681
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
One more question my amnesia haze haze been droopy and the foliage seems dull or darker green. It’s been 6 days since I watered with about a half gal. I’m pretty sure she’s been overwatered bc all my other plants were dry so I watered and they are now “praying” to the grow gods but she was still wet and I used a moisture meter as well which showed she was really wet still. After 6 days tho!? I’m hoping the natural sun and concrete ground will dry her up and she will be perked up again and not sagging. So we will see after today how she’s doing but tomorrow will be a whole week since my last watering.
the one in the video is fine, yes i agree with it being overwatered, probably stressed a bit so everything slows down and can easily take a week or so,
she’s doesn’t look thirsty so check tomorrow, but wait till ready.,
also your plants are outdoor plants only?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
the one in the video is fine, yes i agree with it being overwatered, probably stressed a bit so everything slows down and can easily take a week or so,
she’s doesn’t look thirsty so check tomorrow, but wait till ready.,
also your plants are outdoor plants only?
Ok sounds good that’s wut I will do. No I’m actually growing indoors in a 2 by 8 closet. I set her outside on the concrete to help dry her out some more figured it would help speed up the process putting it on the hot concrete and having the natural sunlight help dry it out.

growsince79

growsince79

Ok sounds good that’s wut I will do. No I’m actually growing indoors in a 2 by 8 closet. I set her outside on the concrete to help dry her out some more figured it would help speed up the process putting it on the hot concrete and having the natural sunlight help dry it out.
Not a good idea taking plants outside. Too many bugs that can ruin the whole tent

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
You don't flush a living soil or super soil.

That's for a different style grow. You have a soil you don't add things to, so you don't flush stuff out.

With this soil all the nutes they need are always available, they take what they need when they need it.

No cal mag, no nutes or supplement needed. If you "run out" of nutes in a super soil, it is because the plant broke down all the soil so giving it nutes or cal or mag won't help, they, at that point, won't be able to drink because the water will run straight through it because no soil to hold the water.

People don't think about soil right, it's not like hydro, the dirt is the nutes. It isn't just what it has in it, it is it's ability to sustain it. You also don't need to ph water when using soil. Soils are usually buffered and make the water the ph it needs to be.

You chose a super soil, use it as it is designed to be used! No flushing, no feedings, no cal or mag... Just water her right.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

That's for a different style grow. You have a soil you don't add things to, so you don't flush stuff out.

With this soil all the nutes they need are always available, they take what they need when they need it.

No cal mag, no nutes or supplement needed. If you "run out" of nutes in a super soil, it is because the plant broke down all the soil so giving it nutes or cal or mag won't help, they, at that point, won't be able to drink because the water will run straight through it because no soil to hold the water.

People don't think about soil right, it's not like hydro, the dirt is the nutes. It isn't just what it has in it, it is it's ability to sustain it. You also don't need to ph water when using soil. Soils are usually buffered and make the water the ph it needs to be.

You chose a super soil, use it as it is designed to be used! No flushing, no feedings, no cal or mag... Just water her right.
pretty much it right there!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter

Ya that’s what I’ve learned but I was just reading a lot last night freaking out about what I should do if I indeed did have an issue. I knew someone would say something about me putting the plant outside and yes I do know there is some risk involved but the weather is just now getting nice out so there aren’t too many bugs around yet and I put my plant on the concrete patio right outside my back door and not in the grass or yard I just wanted to help dry it out a little more today and decided to do it. Thank for the input guys I’m feeling a bit better about the situation and hopefully she will perk back up soon. All my other plants seems to be doing great with short spacing between nodes. I’ve also been LST a lot and I’m getting great shape I’m my stalks and branches. I’ll be installing my scrog net soon and my 2x8 closet will finally be complete and I’ll be posting an update and would like input on my setup and any tips/advice so be looking out for it soon! 2x8 closet grow 6 strain scrog!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I am finding that everything I do with/to the plants, good or bad, has been extremely valuable in learning. Sort of like steering a car, you aim for straight, but actually you go back and forth, with a goal of not going too far out of the lines

Top Bottom