BehindEnemyLines + 2x SF SE3000 + 3x3 Grow

• Thread starter BehindEnemyLines
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dietrich

Dietrich

EA3D62DB E519 490D A9A8 A04FF3F8D1B6

got the lights hooked up i Need to figure out what to do with that left side!!!!!! maybe I can spread it out a little once I get it in the tent i think I have some playing room. I returned my bluelab ph controller and bought 2 of the Milwaukee for 170$ a piece ,got my reservoir, waiting on the flood table then I’m gonna build my stand. now when you said you have 2 400 gph pumps in the reservoir one is for keeping nutrients good wouldnt you just use air stones? and what would you say you harvest each Time you pull plants from the flower tent ? @BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

View attachment 1301713
got the lights hooked up i Need to figure out what to do with that left side!!!!!! maybe I can spread it out a little once I get it in the tent i think I have some playing room. I returned my bluelab ph controller and bought 2 of the Milwaukee for 170$ a piece ,got my reservoir, waiting on the flood table then I’m gonna build my stand. now when you said you have 2 400 gph pumps in the reservoir one is for keeping nutrients good wouldnt you just use air stones? and what would you say you harvest each Time you pull plants from the flower tent ? @BehindEnemyLines

You should be able to slide the bars to one side with one light, and slide to the opposite side on the other light.

I suppose you could aerate the reservoir using a pump and air stone.

The water pump will move significantly more water. I like the submersible water pump because it mixes the nutrients into the reservoir really fast. It keeps the nutrient solution in constant motion so it doesn’t fall out. This biggest reason; however, is when the peristaltic pump kicks on, you want the reservoir and PH up/down to mix fast. The controller reads the PH level through a sensor in the reservoir. If the sensor doesn’t tell the controller quick enough, it can pump TOO MUCH PH Up/Down. This is also why I suggest mixing the PH solution 50/50 with RO/distilled water to dilute it, so it is not so concentrated.

As far as yield, it depends on the genetics and how many plants I stuff in there, but I usually get anywhere from 2.5-4 oz. per plant. I harvest monthly and when a plant comes out of flower, one from veg immediately takes it place.

Dietrich

Dietrich

so instead of air stones you just put a 400 gph pump anywhere in the reservoir ? Any tubing ? Also I think we have different styles of light I had to take the frame apart and drill different holes… I’m not handy and that sucked lol

Dietrich

Dietrich

In my 25 gallon dwc reservoir I’ve noticed my jacks is like scattered across the bottom of reservoir some weeks! I have an extra active aqua 400 gph pump is that what your using, can’t seem to find much online about it other than a waterfall? but yeah if you could go into detail that would be great thank you !!!

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

In my 25 gallon dwc reservoir I’ve noticed my jacks is like scattered across the bottom of reservoir some weeks! I have an extra active aqua 400 gph pump is that what your using, can’t seem to find much online about it other than a waterfall? but yeah if you could go into detail that would be great thank you !!!
You need to premix your nutrients in a separate container (I use a 5 gallon bucket & 400 gph submersible pump w/ 1 ft. of 1/2 hosing) and mix until it is 100% dissolved. If you do not premix your nutrients until they are 100% dissolved, they will fall out of solution and end up crystalized on the bottom of your reservoir like you are seeing. I use hot water to mix my nutrients substantially faster, room temperature water dissolves slower (I have a hot water tap on my sink).

1. I mix Jacks Part A + Epsom Salt in 5 gallon bucket with 1-2 gallons hot of water until 100% dissolved, then add to reservoir

2. I mix Jacks Part B in 5 gallon bucket with 1-2 gallons hot of water until 100% dissolved, then add to reservoir

Dietrich

Dietrich

You need to premix your nutrients in a separate container (I use a 5 gallon bucket & 400 gph submersible pump w/ 1 ft. of 1/2 hosing) and mix until it is 100% dissolved. If you do not premix your nutrients until they are 100% dissolved, they will fall out of solution and end up crystalized on the bottom of your reservoir like you are seeing. I use hot water to mix my nutrients substantially faster, room temperature water dissolves slower (I have a hot water tap on my sink).

1. I mix Jacks Part A + Epsom Salt in 5 gallon bucket with 1-2 gallons hot of water until 100% dissolved, then add to reservoir

2. I mix Jacks Part B in 5 gallon bucket with 1-2 gallons hot of water until 100% dissolved, then add to reservoir
I do premix them in separate container never thought of using hot water though I will have to try that.. back to ebb and flow system with the 400gph pump how would I use this rather than airstones ? Do I literally just put it in the reservoir ? But Wouldn’t water shoot out of the top of it ? Lol is there any thing connected to water pump ?

Dietrich

Dietrich

I had to take apart the frame of each one and remove all of the things that hold the lights in place
434F8EFB 48A9 443F 8503 D00409DC0A2E

And re drill every single hole again to make 5 light bars fit on one frame
242766DE B0F0 4860 9732 D987CFF1CDE8

And I have 3 on the other frame
B3E5C6E6 3F5A 4E83 8490 F11AA292EBA6

Dietrich

Dietrich

AED3FA0A 5D98 40E5 A8DF F4392B7DB68A
Then I can adjust the right side to make it more even with the other lights

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

I do premix them in separate container never thought of using hot water though I will have to try that.. back to ebb and flow system with the 400gph pump how would I use this rather than airstones ? Do I literally just put it in the reservoir ? But Wouldn’t water shoot out of the top of it ? Lol is there any thing connected to water pump ?
Lol, I know it sounds crazy, but yes i just stick the pump in the reservoir and plug it in. It runs 24 hrs a day. I haven’t had any issues with flooding/spillage, actually my biggest complaint is the light humming sound it makes while it runs lol.

I was talking to my buddy today, he runs a submersible pump 24/7 like me AND he runs an air stone too.

We’re both growing the same strains very successfully, so I think more than one method can work.

Dietrich

Dietrich

That is crazy lol I’m going to have to try that. Yeah I’m super excited to get everything going once the sour diesel is done! Not sure which medium to use I have coco and hydroton on hand idk and I’m worried about the water temp in the reservoir I hope I don’t have to add a chiller.. Florida sucks.
I thank you for all the ideas seriously!
I wonder if there is a way you could add some kind of top off system ? I know space is an issue

Dietrich

Dietrich

So we had to move over the last 2 weeks but good thing we did cause I don’t believe I ever would have gotten this setup I still need to cut holes in the flood table but that’s about it
D7663D16 706D 4524 9413 2F0BC16C7AA1

Also need to fix the flood table stand lol not so handy as I said before, but I’m loving this setup and these lights are awesome !

Latest posts

Top Bottom