Bekynd's 1st Grow Journal (back On The Farm)

• Thread starter BeKynd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BeKynd

After a couple year break from growing, I'm BACK!!

1st I am the lead grower of our group of three, hopefully they'll create an account soon so that I'll be able to introduce them to everyone!!

Our grow set up.…….....

We are growing organically in soil. We are running 2- 5x5 grow tents (2-cycles at all times) and 2- 3x3 "Mother" tents set up in a 11X14 basement room. Running gorilla brand tents!!

LIGHTING- We are running exclusively 600 watt V600 Viper Spectra full spectrum LED lighting kits. With a 4x4 Veg footprint, and a 3x3 Flower FP. I find these lights will work best for our square footage. 2- lights in each of the 2- 5x5's the 3x3 mother tents will each have 1- V600!!

Pots and Soil- Using 3gal fabric pots filled with Fox farms ocean mix soil. I like starting with this soil as the PH is already adjusted!!

Seeds / Clones / Mothers / Germination
We are starting with 4 strains from seed. Seeds come from the seed bank here on the Farm!!
Bubba Fresh
Mendocino Purple S1
Ewe-2
Silver Mountain
2 are feminized 2 are Regular !!

Fertilizer & Nutes
We are running exclusively Emerald Forest nutes and supplements. Using the 3-part system.

Water
We are using a zero water filtration system which allows us to start with 0ppm TDS water before adding any nutes!

Seed Germination
For this we're using a regular domed tray that holds rockwool cubes nice and damp. We used a heating mat to keep the seedlings nice and warm during germination!

That's it's our set up from the start. We are expecting our seed order to arrive sometime this week!
JUST as soon as they arrive I'll start the journal up and start posting progressive photos and notes to the journal!

Thanks for all the support, stay tuned, great things coming SOON.!.!.!

1st harvest on 4/20 ??? Wouldn't that be cool?!?!?!?

ALWAYS,
BEKYND

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
After a couple year break from growing, I'm BACK!!

1st I am the lead grower of our group of three, hopefully they'll create an account soon so that I'll be able to introduce them to everyone!!

Our grow set up.…….....

We are growing organically in soil. We are running 2- 5x5 grow tents (2-cycles at all times) and 2- 3x3 "Mother" tents set up in a 11X14 basement room. Running gorilla brand tents!!

LIGHTING- We are running exclusively 600 watt V600 Viper Spectra full spectrum LED lighting kits. With a 4x4 Veg footprint, and a 3x3 Flower FP. I find these lights will work best for our square footage. 2- lights in each of the 2- 5x5's the 3x3 mother tents will each have 1- V600!!

Pots and Soil- Using 3gal fabric pots filled with Fox farms ocean mix soil. I like starting with this soil as the PH is already adjusted!!

Seeds / Clones / Mothers / Germination
We are starting with 4 strains from seed. Seeds come from the seed bank here on the Farm!!
Bubba Fresh
Mendocino Purple S1
Ewe-2
Silver Mountain
2 are feminized 2 are Regular !!

Fertilizer & Nutes
We are running exclusively Emerald Forest nutes and supplements. Using the 3-part system.

Water
We are using a zero water filtration system which allows us to start with 0ppm TDS water before adding any nutes!

Seed Germination
For this we're using a regular domed tray that holds rockwool cubes nice and damp. We used a heating mat to keep the seedlings nice and warm during germination!

That's it's our set up from the start. We are expecting our seed order to arrive sometime this week!
JUST as soon as they arrive I'll start the journal up and start posting progressive photos and notes to the journal!

Thanks for all the support, stay tuned, great things coming SOON.!.!.!

1st harvest on 4/20 ??? Wouldn't that be cool?!?!?!?

ALWAYS,
BEKYND

Welcome to the farm,
We’re always kynd and your setup looks very nice :)

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sweet, sounds like a good set up. Looking forward to your grow!

B

BeKynd

Welcome to the farm,
We’re always kynd and your setup looks very nice :)

THANK YOU
Been that way since 2011when i first joined the Farm. 75% of everything I've learned about horticulture (specifically cannabis) I've learned here on three farm.. So the thanks really goes to logic, the staff, and the thousands of contributors!! So thanks to all of y'all
I'll get pictures of the room and beginning germination here within the next couple days!!

Always,
BeKynd

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Welcome to the farm. Post pics when they get going ! Looking forward to your journey

B

BeKynd

THEY’RE HERE...!.!.!.

Here we go y’all......
With Christmas in the US, it took a bit longer for the beans to arrive, but lemme tell you it was well worth the wait just to be able to get some of these awesome strains soaking.!.!.
I can’t lie.... I’m super stoked to see the “Ewe-2” and “Bubba Fresh” finally pop up out of the rockwool.!.!.!
Hoping most of these lovelies pop before the weekends gone..!.!.!

Stay Tuned..... MUCH MORE to come.!.!

Always,
BeKynd

108C4F4F 9F26 4E8E 8176 5D4118FC3D53
B

BeKynd

YAAAAAAY..!..!.! Alrighty...... PoP..PoP..PoP

Well..... After a little over 24 hours in rockwool, We are at about 30%+ popped.!.!
I did soak them for 24 hours prior to dropping into the cubes.
When I placed the 25ish beans into H2O for soaking 2 days ago, all but 1 bean floated.!.! Only 1 sunk to the bottom. (I realize this isn’t important info to most growers.. however I decided this run to try and document everything I can remember.. Some of you can probably relate to getting a little older along with years of experience using medical cannabis slowly creating havoc with my short term memory, so I figure I’ll document everything I can “remember” no matter how insignificant to the overall grow it may be...!! (sorry????))

Anywhoo......

After soaking the beans approx 20 hours they had reversed.... I only had 1 left floating.!.! I assumed they were ready to go into rockwool.!.!!.

Within 24 hours of going into rockwool,, there appears to be approx 9-10 that have popped their shells..!.! AND.... There are 3-4 of them whose tap roots have pushed the shell up out of the cube !.!.! (See photos)
I also wanted to note that all beans looked absolutely fabulous with the exception of 1... 1 of the beans appeared to be “crushed” ?? However,,, I soaked it, and dropped it into rockwool with the rest of them.!.!. I can say that it hasn’t “popped” yet, but since I’m no Botonist or Seed expert, they’re all “golden” in my mind.!.! I’ll give her (or him) the same opportunity as the rest.!.!

1 thing is for certain.... These babies after that long ass trip across the pond were just WAITING for a nice, damp, & warm bed to sleep in.!.!. I don’t think I’ve had Seeds germ within 20 hours of hitting the cube, I’ve NEVER had them germ this fast.!.! Hopefully the great luck will continue on through till the end of the grow.!.!.

Thanks for watching.......

(The colored “sticks” represent “specific strains”.!.! I’ll post color / strain “key” sometime within my next couple of posts)

Always,
BeKynd

902FD8C5 BA3C 452D 9CDA 66260BA4A88E
29A6D5F5 AEBD 42D2 88E0 0519239CB55A
7232DCF0 8770 41B8 A2A9 6F14F7100709
69262BC3 9A5E 4DE0 9F02 A78690E5C45D
03222144 F883 4479 A543 49E69F9B9FD4

B

BeKynd

C544A3B6 EA72 4D42 9149 3C5CBA27CF32
7C97FE48 98FB 439B 945A 494B2A0CF418
7B4564A0 AD90 49AC 979B 07E4B9290082
Slow & Steady.......

Beans have been down for almost a week now. The original 30% that popped, are the ONLY beans to come up.!.! The other 70% still haven’t even popped yet.!.!.

Of the 4 strains ordered from seed store....
Mendocino Purple S1 (Marked by “blue” pin)
EWE2 (Marked by the “green” pin)
Bubba Fresh (Marked by the “yellow” pin)
Silver Mountain (Marked by “red” pin)
Free Mystery Beans (Marked by “white” pin)

Mendo Purps..... Dropped 5 beans... 4/5 “popped”, 3/5 are up and opening.!.!

EWE2 ....... Dropped 5 beans... 2/5 “popped”, 1/5 are up and opening :mad:

Bubba Fresh...... Dropped 7 beans.... 0/7 popped.!.!! , 0/7 are up and opening!:mad::puke2:

Silver Mountain..... Dropped 7 beans... 7/7 “popped”, 6/7 are up and opening.!.! :cool::fire:

Mystery Beans..... Dropped 5 beans.... 0/5 “popped”, 0/5 are up and opening.!.!

Out of the 24 “purchased” beans... 13 have “popped”,,,, Only 10 are up and opening...
4 have reached a size to transfer to soil.!.!
The other 6 look ok.... (4 of these are definitely expected to open up, other 2 are still up in the air.... see photos)

Went ahead and moved 4 ladies into soil.
We are using a mixture of 50% potting soil, 25% worm castings, 25% high water soil (mixture with coco coir).

Hoping to start the training and snipping of leaves this week.!.!.!
Not sure of the name of the technique I plan to use?? Maybe someone here knows the term?? I’ll cut 1 of the “2” spade leaves from the 1st set..... I’ll alternate cutting 1 of the 2 leaves on each of the 1st 4 “sets” of leaves. The 5th set of leaves I’ll “top” (cut main stem directly under 5th set).!.!
This makes 4 vertical main stems instead of the 1.!.!. Again, there’s a term for this, it’s something I’ve done for 25 years.... I’m just not sure of the term..?? Anyone..???

As for the beans.... I have mixed feelings right now.... I have years of experience with seed germination, and I feel that the ones that have not popped yet, probably won’t....
so a 35% germination rate, I’d say is NOT very good.!.!.??? However, the 2 strains (Mendo Purps & Silver Mountain) have about a 95% germ rate. The other 2 are at about 7% !.!. :( So not too happy about those 2.!.! (Especially since those 2 were strains I was looking most forward to running next.!.!) Anyways.........
I should also mention that had I not had such great success with 2 of the strains, I would not be so critical of the “non-germ” Beans..... However..... As I mentioned earlier in the grow diary, I don’t give up.!.!. They will sit in the domed incubator until they turn to mush, or germinate!..!.!

Should have some “training” photos starting sometime this week.!.!.!

Thanks for watching.!.!.! :party1:

Always,
BeKynd

BF407862 469F 44D6 940C D765EF5D6587
B

BeKynd

4F8C91EE 5B76 4D3B BF7E FC3F8B16E8EE
6E25ACC5 C502 4846 8649 130BEDBDBA4A
Greetings Earthlings.....

Went into the garden today, and saw something happening to a couple leaves... it seems to be a very small problem right now, but I figure I better get on it. Usually when I have things like this, The Farm is my first stop... I’ve been looking through the forums and can’t be sure I’ve seen what I have, so I thought I’d throw up a couple photos of a leaf I cut off.
It appears to be only the sun leaves and I also want to say it’s strain specific... Only 2-3 plants are affected and maybe 1-2 leaves on each. All the plants that are affected are the same strain (Indica). Besides the one I cut off I’d say 2-3 others have small areas on them affected... they just seem to have turned brown and dried up in certain parts of the leaf...??

I’ll post a couple pictures ....

As well, I’ve noticed that I haven’t updated my journal in 2 months... Just been super busy.... Things are moving along though..!.!
I’ll create a separate post with some updated photos.!.!

Thanks for any help with the “dry leaf” issue.!.!.

B

BeKynd

3EBF793E 5489 4EC9 80CE 081D91D9C77E
A7B5B244 8681 4784 ACC7 77CC7029D9B1
E55A4955 8D0F 4EE6 AC80 12EE7DADE829
C7FC5ECD 810E 457B A8F2 18998F4A2BE9
43636E29 C96C 409B B8F2 655C534D81CF
029B77E4 DCB3 4D18 8A51 57669C222DAF
Haven’t posted or updated my journal in a minute.... I was in the garden today and snapped a few pics...

I’ve been super busy so I don’t have allot of time to explain things... But will get back on here soon to get everything updated...

As of right now we have 4 different strains in the tent. They are at different stages. One of our strains were “regular” beans, and we just started “sexing” 4 different types from that strain. We have 6 in mid-veg stage right now... I have 4 of the 6 cloned and into the flowering tent. I should have sex info within the next 2 weeks using clones.!.!! The “other 2” clones are still getting a little bigger before moving them over....

Training is going well.......!!!

(2nd to last photo is the “Sex Tent”, right above that there is a photo of a germ tray filled with baby clones.!.!)

Feedback ....?????

Thanks for looking.!.!.!

Latest posts

Top Bottom