Benefits Of Having Two Separate Veg And Flowering Tents?

• Thread starter travism000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

travism000

Hi, so I finished my first grow and am planning a second. My friend is letting me use his spare room, which I can fit 2 tents in. I've heard of people having separate veg and flowering tents. I am assuming this is to consistently have yields, however that's not much of a concern for me. So would you recommend both tents being used for veg, then switched to flower at the same time, or should I separate the tents? I feel like I am misunderstanding the benefit of having separate tents because it just sounds like an unnecessary complication.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run 3 seperate rooms. Clone/pre-veg, veg, flower. Constant rotation of my legal 72 plants I'm allowed. I'm always 3 plants under my limit at all times. It's non stop work having a cycle like this. Some days 2hrs, some days 8hrs. 7 days a week, 365 a yr.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi, so I finished my first grow and am planning a second. My friend is letting me use his spare room, which I can fit 2 tents in. I've heard of people having separate veg and flowering tents. I am assuming this is to consistently have yields, however that's not much of a concern for me. So would you recommend both tents being used for veg, then switched to flower at the same time, or should I separate the tents? I feel like I am misunderstanding the benefit of having separate tents because it just sounds like an unnecessary complication.
I like to run a clone closet then 2 tents but not for veg/flower... both are used for veg and flower or theres a good chance youll lap time and be stuck over veggin. ... veg each one for a month and flip... this will give you a harvest every 6-7 weeks depending on strain.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I like to run a clone closet then 2 tents but not for veg/flower... both are used for veg and flower or theres a good chance youll lap time and be stuck over veggin. ... veg each one for a month and flip... this will give you a harvest every 6-7 weeks depending on strain.
That's how I'm running my 2 tents I use my tent to hang and dry the crop while I'm getting my next clones set up out of the cutting tent .

P

Pimples

I run 3 seperate rooms. Clone/pre-veg, veg, flower. Constant rotation of my legal 72 plants I'm allowed. I'm always 3 plants under my limit at all times. It's non stop work having a cycle like this. Some days 2hrs, some days 8hrs. 7 days a week, 365 a yr.
this ^^

P

Pimples

Big tents are great for drying and curing. Slap a little portable ac and cheap dehuey in there...perfect drying conditions 24 - 7.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Mother freaker give me a legal 72 plant count... Oh hell! That would be one of my 3 wishes!
I think I pre ejackulated :(

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Every day I spend a min of 4hrs in my grow. 7 days a week, 365 a yr. Even when I'm sick, kids sick, ect, work must be done daily.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Every day I spend a min of 4hrs in my grow. 7 days a week, 365 a yr. Even when I'm sick, kids sick, ect, work must be done daily.
Shit i do that now, and work 45 hrs a week slinging steel.. But i hear you!
Some nights i get off work and im tending to this garden till bedtime..
Take all that and add that im in a red state, and its a lot to deal with...
But if i was legal for 72! I couldnt afford to grow 72 plants the way i would want!
UC 72 site wooh,,,,,,

P

Pimples

If your doing it for income...and you are willing to risk it...good money in non med/legal states still. Not so much in the others. Getting played out.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I actually have 4 tents:
4x4 cloning and a couple of mothers.
4x4 vegging
4x8 blooming
2x2 drying
V = veg, B = bloom, X = idle, | = harvest
each letter is one week assuming 6 weeks veg and 10 weeks bloom (rough estimate)

one tent version:
VVVVVVBBBBBBBBBB|VVVVVVBBBBBBBBBB|VVVVVVBBBBBBBBBB|

two tent version:
VVVVVVXXXXVVVVVVXXXXVVVVVVXXXXVVVVVVXXXXVVVVVV
XXXXXXBBBBBBBBBB|BBBBBBBBBB|BBBBBBBBBB|BBBBBBBBBB|

basically get more harvests in a given time

BTW: I feel like I'm stalking @EventHorizan , I've been posting in the same threads hes been in all day, lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I actually have 4 tents:
4x4 cloning and a couple of mothers.
4x4 vegging
4x8 blooming
2x2 drying
V = veg, B = bloom, X = idle, | = harvest
each letter is one week assuming 6 weeks veg and 10 weeks bloom (rough estimate)

one tent version:
VVVVVVBBBBBBBBBB|VVVVVVBBBBBBBBBB|VVVVVVBBBBBBBBBB|

two tent version:
VVVVVVXXXXVVVVVVXXXXVVVVVVXXXXVVVVVVXXXXVVVVVV
XXXXXXBBBBBBBBBB|BBBBBBBBBB|BBBBBBBBBB|BBBBBBBBBB|

basically get more harvests in a given time

BTW: I feel like I'm stalking @EventHorizan , I've been posting in the same threads hes been in all day, lol
:cool::cool::cool:

P

Pimples

For super big ops and high dollar/performance setups (which are ususally not at a house location) it isnt practical to have separate full blown dedicated veg areas. Depending on style of grow..these ops have decent sized plants (again size dictates method - there are many) and tranplant to final pot..veg for a required size and established rootball and flip to 12 - 12. With these ops..the veg isnt long. All about turnaround and cost efficiency. From a few days to just a few weeks.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

my main reason for going to a separate bloom tent was because my original 4x4 was too small for six plants. My bloom 4x8 tent will only have six plants, just spread out. I like to grow larger plants. I also didn't want to waste all the 4x4 gear I bought so I use it to veg };-)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

my main reason for going to a separate bloom tent was because my original 4x4 was too small for six plants. My bloom 4x8 tent will only have six plants, just spread out. I like to grow larger plants. I also didn't want to waste all the 4x4 gear I bought so I use it to veg };-)
can i see you 4x8 canopy? from a flower run?

Top Bottom