best 250w mh bulb?

• Thread starter smartcalyx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smartcalyx

smartcalyx

lookin around, and cost wise this is the best im comin up with.
23000 lumens, inder 9 bucks. everything else im finding is between 25-50 bucks for trhe same lumen rating? any input?

dankworth

dankworth

If you can afford it for the last 2 weeks, run a horti blue mh. They are more expensive, and they are 6500k vs the 5500k blue mh 1k I used, but it is the direction I would go in if I was you.

Amazing amazing meds under the 1k horti blue mh. Too bad they are $170.
But if you can score a horti blue 250watt, you will see why I make such a fuss about it.
But shitty lifespan, so I would use it as a finishing lamp.

Check out Venture's Natural white lamps for spectrum, perhaps they would be more awesome. They are closer to the spectral output of the 1k horti blue mh.

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

If you can afford it for the last 2 weeks, run a horti blue mh. They are more expensive, and they are 6500k vs the 5500k blue mh 1k I used, but it is the direction I would go in if I was you.

Amazing amazing meds under the 1k horti blue mh. Too bad they are $170.
But if you can score a horti blue 250watt, you will see why I make such a fuss about it.
But shitty lifespan, so I would use it as a finishing lamp.

Check out Venture's Natural white lamps for spectrum, perhaps they would be more awesome. They are closer to the spectral output of the 1k horti blue mh.
cool. ill definitely check those out. i use dual spec all through flowering, always have. ive got two 250w dual ballasts im gonna hook to a flip and use em as supplemental lighting. kinda slick, 8 bulbs running from 2 ballasts switching every two hours(or every six, not quite sure.) whats the life span of those horti blues? i try to swap bulbs every three or four months so i have plenty of backups laying around

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

I run those things in my mother cab. Work great, cant beat the price and fast shipping.

dankworth

dankworth

cool. ill definitely check those out. i use dual spec all through flowering, always have. ive got two 250w dual ballasts im gonna hook to a flip and use em as supplemental lighting. kinda slick, 8 bulbs running from 2 ballasts switching every two hours(or every six, not quite sure.) whats the life span of those horti blues? i try to swap bulbs every three or four months so i have plenty of backups laying around
Horti blue mh lifespan is shit. 6k on the 1000watt, I don't remember with the others.
One of the awesome advantages of the Venture Natural Whites, according to the info on the site, is 15k hours for the horizontal one. And a really good lumen degradation rate.
Dude I would go for the natural white in a second.

dankworth

dankworth

I run those things in my mother cab. Work great, cant beat the price and fast shipping.
Hey are you referring to the natural white or the horti blue?
Have not heard of anyone having used a natural white yet.

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

Horti blue mh lifespan is shit. 6k on the 1000watt, I don't remember with the others.
One of the awesome advantages of the Venture Natural Whites, according to the info on the site, is 15k hours for the horizontal one. And a really good lumen degradation rate.
Dude I would go for the natural white in a second.
thanks man, ill check em out

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Hey are you referring to the natural white or the horti blue?
Have not heard of anyone having used a natural white yet.
no, the cheap one he first posted in the link. My cheap ass wont ever run horties

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

well i checked em out, cant seem to find an online retailer though?

dankworth

dankworth

well i checked em out, cant seem to find an online retailer though?
I talked to some dude on the phone, they are used to selling a parking lot full of lamps, they will sell you a single though. One of those #s should connect you to some sales dude, can't remember anything else. I was really high.

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

good shit! lol ill hit em up. do you remember a price do ya? thanks again

B

Brotherjericho

Don't use HID myself right now so I can't personally recommend any lamp but....stumbled across this recently

http://www.hydroponics.net/i/135607

250w 7200k, $18.63

Not sure if 7200k is right but it might have more blue for vegging than 4000k. Experts can chime in

Latest posts

Top Bottom