Best 400 Watt MH +HPS bulbs

• Thread starter Aredrik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aredrik

Wondering people's opinion on the best brands of 400w mh and hps bulbs as far as spectrum,yields ,etc.Thanks

B

blue

I use the sylvania bulbs they are the higest out put we have found so far but only last one grow at £12 you dont mind chucking them out after one grow.

R

Rural_GrowOp

EyeHortilux bulbs are very good too. This is what I have been using and I like the results. Prior to this I used the GE Lucalox and it wasn't horrible but the EyeHortilux is better.

A

Aredrik

Thanks guys,I think I may try the EyeHort..keep hearing good things about them.

I

INDO247

heres what i was told. a regular 400w MH will be fine for vegging but when it comes time to flower switch out the bulb in favor of a phillips son t plus 430w. I was told by doing this u will produce bigger buds and more yield. Although i havent try to yet but this is what im gonna do when i get started on my grow.

R

Rural_GrowOp

Yeah man there good. Hortilux also makes a super blue hps light that I have been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to getting one yet. There good because they have an increased blue spectrum. Hope your finding some help around here, the farm is a great place to be.

hubcap

hubcap

ive had good luck with hortilux...
had good luck with generic no namers.
cant recall too many, actually, that didnt work to, at least, a decent horticultural standard.

i suppose as long as the bulb emits the intensity and the color spectrums youre looking for it really dont matter, right?

i never really had a bulb (in the past 10 years or so) that didnt do the job....
so thats why i said the above statement.
im sure theres farmers here more in tune with lighting and can give you a more descript answer, but, thats a short answer to ponder in the meantime.

A

Aredrik

Thanks hub ..I'll have to try some new bulbs for my Red Dragon coming up.

B

British_Hempire

The only difference between a horti bulb and a normal hps is the hortis have a tiny percentage more blue, this is a waste of money, just get a good brand standard HPS like Osram Son-T, they are often less than half the price of a horti.

Top Bottom