best AC for flower room window ac or/mini split

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

i have a great 7x14 flower room that needs a AC i could easily put in a window ac or/mini split

I am wondering because i use a window ac for my home i am wondering what is a good ac that will keep the bugs out as with my AC i am using in my computer room it seems to bring bugs in and sometimes you can see dead bugs but i am wondering if thats because they are finding their way in through cracks as its not completely sealed up and there are some tiny cracks between the window and my AC that a guess bugs could get through im my computer room theres a window and the lights on 24/7 so i guess it could attract bugs at night and they could sneak in cracks beside an AC but i was wondering DO WINDOW A/C's ARE THEY NOT SEALED FROM BUGS GETTING IN EVEN IF YOU SEAL UP THE CORNERS WITH A SEALANT WILL BUGS GET IN YOUR GROW ROOM?? I AM JUST WONDERING BECAUSE I HAVE A GREAT FLOWER ROOM BUT ITS TOO HOT TO FLOWER MUCH DURING THE SUMMER WHERE I LIVE

are mini split air condioners better do they seal the room and cost less to run? are the mini splits worth it or better? the main reason i want an air condioner is because ive been having horrible trouble with cloning and i can only get clones to root in an aero cloner and with high temps i wont beable to grow my own bud without getting clones from someone only thing is all my strains i have are important for my medical condition so im not sure what to do because i have almost no meds and need a way to clone im thinking of just buying a water chiller just to chill a cloner so i can get my clones!

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

The way Mini Splits install makes it much easier to seal properly
"Better" is a relative term in this case. Mini Splits are more "convenient"
Most would Consider Energy Consumtion / BTU ratio to rate its "betterness" so you could get a window unit that will have the same cooling capacity as a mini-split. Mini-Splits can get upwards of 10tons, Window Units dont.
"Cost less to run" is relative as well. A larger unit does cost more "while its running"
The more BTU's the unit is, the more efficiently it will work
A small unit running all the time will cost more than a large unit running some of the time.
A window unit rated for a 7 x 14 home room will not work well in a grow room of the same size. The ratings dont take appliances that generate excessive heat & humidity into consideration.
A/C work by removing heat carried by moisture / not cooling the air, humid rooms make units work much harder.

Clones definitely don't need a chiller, your room is way too hot if the solution the clones are in is too warm.
Put the cloner pump on a cycle timer so it will cool down for a few minutes at 15-30 min intervals
use a seaweed product & superthrive not for the NPK but for the natural phytohormones & beneficial microbes.
Use a mycorrhizal/trichodermal blend as well. This f. & b. is like a parent to the roots protecting, helping them grow & feeding them.
Roots cant defend themselves, you can't defend them either. You can deliver the army of microbes that does though.
You should have clone success as long as you keep the solution under 85. anything over 78 is dangerous without microbes to battle pathogens that start flourishing at that temp. Humidity Domes keep em' too wet/soggy and close off air, two of the worst things to do to plants.

Ever after

Ever after

i have an ac in my bed room should i just put my aero cloner with my clones by my AC in my house? the problem is its not near my grow room

theres like 5 months from june to mid august its just too hot in oakland my friend is saying get an portable AC just to get through the months but i feel like ima blow a fuse

maybe my best bet is to buy tons of clones from a club i havent been able to find a clean clone place anywhere in the bay area the only place in the bay that you can grow with fans year round is the coast it seems but even then you get problems with humidity

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

You wont blow a fuse maybe trip a breaker though, just replace the 15 amp breaker your ac is on with a 20 or 30 amp.

Ever after

Ever after

I think it might be 30 amps but I can't decide i do fine without the ac should I just get a waterchiller for the hot months t make aero clones for some reason I cat get RWcto root after years of failing I just need that summer cycle and without a chiller I keep getting rotten or gooy stems and little growth I like the fan cooling I've had less problems than with an ac they see to attract bugs and once you get bugs with an ac system it's harder to get rid of the pests

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

Uhhhh sometimes people are bored and put 2 cents where they have no idea what they are talking about. I wonder if they know what the difference in voltage drop would be for a 140 foot 240 volt circuit with 10 AWG as opposed to a 12 AWG and if the voltage drop is within engineering standards & would it be or not be if the circuit were split to 2 120 volt circuits. I also wonder if they know what AWG stands for without looking it up.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Uhhhh sometimes people are bored and put 2 cents where they have no idea what they are talking about. I wonder if they know what the difference in voltage drop would be for a 140 foot 240 volt circuit with 10 AWG as opposed to a 12 AWG and if the voltage drop is within engineering standards & would it be or not be if the circuit were split to 2 120 volt circuits. I also wonder if they know what AWG stands for without looking it up.

That's why God made google:oops:

buddahslave

buddahslave

I would just go with the mini split it is the best bang for your buck. Visit your local hydro store and find a professional to install the unit this will save you all the problems of causing a fire becuz of lack of understanding electrical jargon :cigar:

L

LevusTheBevus

I am not bored. I am very fluent in programming Ohm's law and I know more about wiring a house than I care to brag about. Also, I'm an EE. Wonder if you know what that is before looking it up.

L

LevusTheBevus

There was supposed to be a , after programming and ohms law.

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

Wow guys "god made google?" a "fluent" "programmer" who corrects punctuation in a later post rather than editing, they type for a living... An "engineer" that has no better input than "Uhh I don't think..." Neither of you have given this person helpful information due to not knowing anything & bear nothing more intelligent than sarcasm.

L

LevusTheBevus

So telling an un-experienced grower to replace a 15 amp breaker with a 30 amp breaker is sound advice?

If thats good advice then I am more than happy to give out terrible advice. As for the correction on the post, I'm posting from my phone, forgive me for not being able to find the edit button. BTW, judging by your post I think you would make a good english teacher.

If you dont like my input, so what. The only reason I posted here was to try and keep someone from burning their house down. I have been involved in the wiring of 100s of residential living facilities. And currently I write ladder logic ALL FUCKING DAY.

L

LevusTheBevus

And I still don't understand why anyone cares about voltage drop on a wire when you're advising rookie electricians to double the allowable current flowing through the walls in their home.

opt1c

opt1c

i don't know much bout electricity but i do know when you double the size of your breaker and then run it at max capacity those wires get hot and this is one of the main reasons growers burn their spots to the ground... maybe you're in a newer house but i've been in houses with cloth insulated wires in the walls from back in the '40s

that being said 20amps is enough to run most window ac's and they have a normal 120v plug... mini splits are best hard wired and if the lines aren't pre charged you need a friendly hvac tech to make the install headache free... you can save a ton asking the hydro store about minisplits to find a good installer and then ordering the unit and lineset yourself online... green droplet all one word is a good site

if the main reason you want cooling is for clones then why are we talking about your flower room? get a small tent and a 1/10th hp chiller and hook it up to a large aerocloner and never think about temps again... that or a cycle timer; 30 on 30 off works good in an ez120 fwiw... i've had water temps get high regardless of timing when using a small unit enclosed in a 2x2 tent

if you want cooling in your flower room how many lights are you running? what size? 600/1000? Do you air cool? If you don't air cool and you have 4k or something you might want a mini split... otherwise you could probably get by with a window ac; make sure your windows are designed right to hold one btw... you can get a window ac that has a vent switch allowing you to take in outside air or seal off the front of the unit; you want to be able to seal the front of the unit and have it recirculate air in the room and not exchange any air with outside... also if you get a window ac are there enough plug/circuits in the room to handle everything you're going to do? Whichever route you go buy the BIGGEST UNIT YOU CAN AFFORD/FIT IN THE SPACE; thank me later and DON'T BUY A PORTABLE AC

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

Ladder logic is already written, you know how to set up a a PLC, that is not writing programming that is configuring the programming that is already written. I suppose you are a programmer because you programmed your remote to the tv as well. Voltage drop is the effected factor when working with amps & wire gauge you are not a EE or you would know that. Standard wiring in houses can handle 20 or 30 amp breakers. 30 amp should have 10 gauge but 12 gauge will work fine. Good luck with your apprenticeship.
Just because it is not to safety code does not mean it is not safe

Mrgoodbud

Mrgoodbud

I have wired whole houses installed new panels hooked up grow rooms and pole barns. Do not change breakers ever unless you know what you're doing most the wire in your house is 14-2 which is a 15 amp max because it's cheap and only appliances run with 12-2 for 20 amps when running an ac unit or lights the constant draw of amps could cause problems like melting wires burning down your home replacing a 15 with a 30amp is not a good idea. Plus you could electrocute yourself
NM, TW & UF WIRE SER CABLE
14 AWG - 15 AMPS 8 AWG - 50 AMPS
12 AWG - 20 AMPS 6 AWG - 65 AMPS
10 AWG - 30 AMPS 4 AWG - 100 AMPS
8 AWG - 40 AMPS

Latest posts

Top Bottom