Best and cheapest kind of LED light full sprectrum

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourthCity

FourthCity

Yea, take it from me, the "best" for the cheapest, isn't a very congruent statement. There is cheap, then there is "acceptable" cheap, and SF highly fits into that category.

I think that's what the OP here need's to come to terms with. You can surf the web, and look for LM30? whatever diodes, and they maybe could have put them into there and they work, but... There are verified distributers in this area, and there's the "rest" of everyone.

That said: Mars hydro, the newest ones are probably "acceptable" also.
The real key with lighting is the engineering spec, and getting the lighting intensity, photon flux, spectrum and ratio's correct. SF has proven track record.

Some hack sitting over in China who's copying the "other" light, isn't necessarily going to be "cutting edge" by the time you get it. The SF panels, and especially the SE series lights represent the closest thing to a Gavita Pro series light, for a fraction of the cost. ie. Not only excellent diodes, but the spectrums are dialed in efficiently.

This guy actually listens and looks at feedback. LED technology has made quantum leaps in efficiency in the last year maybe year and half.
Lights are the one thing you want to get from a reputable source. Does anyone in here actually know what a LM301H diode looks like? or able to discriminate the real ones, from fakes?
Just curious, do you think the people in china are hacks because they are chinese? What is the "other" light? Spider Farmer is a chinese company that sells imitations of hlg and gavita products, what sets them apart from their other chinese competitors? Both hlg and gavita lights are made of parts manufactured in china, gavita is known for copying off of philips in the past and claiming their products are made in holland when at most, like hlg in the US, only some assembly is done there.

Also want to know what quantum leap in tech leds have made in the last year and a half? Seems like the 301h's have been out that long and they are only a little more efficient than the 301b that were out before. I'm not trying to defend chinese politics or anything but it is a country full of very capable people. Suggesting that they can't make a good led lamp when they have more experience in the design and manufacture of those components than any other country in the world is ignorant and/or racist.

The two main reasons why companies like kingbrite (wholesalers) have less expensive products than companies like spider farmer (retailers) isn't because they are cheaper to make or lower quality, its because wholesalers dont spend the money on marketing (like sponsoring forums, web ads, etc) and because import duties are already built into retail prices. If you buy less than $800 worth of led lights at a time from a chinese wholesaler you do not have to pay import duties and they do not reflect those fees in their prices.

Ponky

Ponky

Just curious, do you think the people in china are hacks because they are chinese? What is the "other" light? Spider Farmer is a chinese company that sells imitations of hlg and gavita products, what sets them apart from their other chinese competitors? Both hlg and gavita lights are made of parts manufactured in china, gavita is known for copying off of philips in the past and claiming their products are made in holland when at most, like hlg in the US, only some assembly is done there.

Also want to know what quantum leap in tech leds have made in the last year and a half? Seems like the 301h's have been out that long and they are only a little more efficient than the 301b that were out before. I'm not trying to defend chinese politics or anything but it is a country full of very capable people. Suggesting that they can't make a good led lamp when they have more experience in the design and manufacture of those components than any other country in the world is ignorant and/or racist.

The two main reasons why companies like kingbrite (wholesalers) have less expensive products than companies like spider farmer (retailers) isn't because they are cheaper to make or lower quality, its because wholesalers dont spend the money on marketing (like sponsoring forums, web ads, etc) and because import duties are already built into retail prices. If you buy less than $800 worth of led lights at a time from a chinese wholesaler you do not have to pay import duties and they do not reflect those fees in their prices.
It's the everything new is bad and everything old is good mentality. Shenzen China is a great place to manufacture stuff. They know how. And the buyer determines the grade of product. And quality control keeps the product consistent. China before the 1940s made some of the best lathes and machines in the world. Light meters and guessing aside. The test is growing some weight and having tight buds. Using the same or less juice as HPS. If you had a bench lab you could test components and grade the stuff yourself. Can you get a quality Chinese lighting array? Yes. Generic? Yes. How would you know? You'd need electronics skills. And an understanding of components and layouts. Even a cheap light could accidently be good.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's the everything new is bad and everything old is good mentality. Shenzen China is a great place to manufacture stuff. They know how. And the buyer determines the grade of product. And quality control keeps the product consistent. China before the 1940s made some of the best lathes and machines in the world. Light meters and guessing aside. The test is growing some weight and having tight buds. Using the same or less juice as HPS. If you had a bench lab you could test components and grade the stuff yourself. Can you get a quality Chinese lighting array? Yes. Generic? Yes. How would you know? You'd need electronics skills. And an understanding of components and layouts. Even a cheap light could accidently be good.
Or a simple independant sphere test as most of the higher end brands provide. Typically the brands from China are based on calculations and often omitting some variables.

Thats not to say the quality is any worse but rather numbers are often inflated. It's not the fixtures that are really the issue for me. It's the marketing exploitations used. But this is nothing new in any part of the cannabis industry.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I need to know the best LED grow light I can get for cheapest amount of money that I can use for a 10x10 tent and how many I will need, thanks
I did my research and decided on HLG. Like buying Ford vs Chevy. Both will get you where you want to go but people swear by one or the other, similar situation. Lights and nutrients will always get debated. I’d advise you to research diodes, power supply, customer service, and other grower’s opinions but ultimately it’s what works best for YOUR setup! Quality over quantity (price)

XtraGood

XtraGood

I don't see any dimmer. Have a link other than Amazon?
If you want to go DIY, that's cheapest for good quality. 8x 4ft bridgelux eb gen2 strips in ~3k + hlg-320h-42 driver costs about $160-70 when you include some angle aluminum, wire, locking nuts+bolts, and I like using Wagos instead of soldering. That's about the cheapest good quality option I could figure out. There are a few different dimmer options with those meanwell hlg series drivers.

Edit: lol, I lost track and thought you were op. OP was Ngrow20 and he hasn't been back since that initial post. Those LED questions do get the rumble in the jungle going don't they!

Last edited:
PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Yea, take it from me, the "best" for the cheapest, isn't a very congruent statement. There is cheap, then there is "acceptable" cheap, and SF highly fits into that category.

I think that's what the OP here need's to come to terms with. You can surf the web, and look for LM30? whatever diodes, and they maybe could have put them into there and they work, but... There are verified distributers in this area, and there's the "rest" of everyone.

That said: Mars hydro, the newest ones are probably "acceptable" also.
The real key with lighting is the engineering spec, and getting the lighting intensity, photon flux, spectrum and ratio's correct. SF has proven track record.

Some hack sitting over in China who's copying the "other" light, isn't necessarily going to be "cutting edge" by the time you get it. The SF panels, and especially the SE series lights represent the closest thing to a Gavita Pro series light, for a fraction of the cost. ie. Not only excellent diodes, but the spectrums are dialed in efficiently.

This guy actually listens and looks at feedback. LED technology has made quantum leaps in efficiency in the last year maybe year and half.
Lights are the one thing you want to get from a reputable source. Does anyone in here actually know what a LM301H diode looks like? or able to discriminate the real ones, from fakes?
Look images of LM301 and you will see the four metal connectors and notice the square in a square w no wires. I have checked mine under loop and is as real as it could get. But I did order a couple lites that clearly had fake LM301B diodes. Sent em back. Not sure why you’d knock these. All reviews say they are nearly identical to the SF. Prolly same factory in China that makes the SF shipping under diff name https://images.app.goo.gl/aCtEWyZu2u73vV8Z9

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Look images of LM301 and you will see the four metal connectors and notice the square in a square w no wires. I have checked mine under loop and is as real as it could get. But I did order a couple lites that clearly had fake LM301B diodes. Sent em back. Not sure why you’d knock these. All reviews say they are nearly identical to the SF. Prolly same factory in China that makes the SF shipping under diff name https://images.app.goo.gl/aCtEWyZu2u73vV8Z9
Here’s what I’m referring to. BLOOMSPECT SS4000 LED Grow Light, Full Spectrum Dimmable LED Plant Growing Lamps with LM301B Diodes & MeanWell Driver for Indoor Plants Veg & Bloom, 4x4 ft Coverage
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088FKV8C...abc_16C2YMCEFY3E1MWT1K1Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you want to go DIY, that's cheapest for good quality. 8x 4ft bridgelux eb gen2 strips in ~3k + hlg-320h-42 driver costs about $160-70 when you include some angle aluminum, wire, locking nuts+bolts, and I like using Wagos instead of soldering. That's about the cheapest good quality option I could figure out. There are a few different dimmer options with those meanwell hlg series drivers.

Edit: lol, I lost track and thought you were op. OP was Ngrow20 and he hasn't been back since that initial post. Those LED questions do get the rumble in the jungle going don't they!
Lighting questions are almost as dangerous as ... ummm .... give me a minute ... hmmm.....

Top Bottom