Best and cheapest kind of LED light full sprectrum

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ngrow20

Ngrow20

I need to know the best LED grow light I can get for cheapest amount of money that I can use for a 10x10 tent and how many I will need, thanks

Anthem

Anthem

I need to know the best LED grow light I can get for cheapest amount of money that I can use for a 10x10 tent and how many I will need, thanks
Oh there is just an absolute ton of information regarding this very subject here on the farm. You will really be impressed by the amount of information regarding this subject here on the farm. The farm has a lot of people with knowledge about growing. The best and easiest way to find the information on the subject matter you have posted about is to use the little box located at the very top of the page called search and you will find all the information you are looking for. Good luck with your grow!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackRuss

BlackRuss

Yup, a million other posts about lights here. Just a brief summary of my opinion. If you're set on LEDs save a little and get a high quality brand bar-style or quantum board from HLG, Gavita, Iluminar, Luxx etc. If on a budget, you should consider going the HID route.
Cgeck other posts and good luck!

FourthCity

FourthCity

17 of these in 3500k.

4080 watts, 40.8 watts per square foot, $2687.50 shipped if you are in the US.

Ponky

Ponky

If you're going to crop a 10x10 and you live somewhere where the price of weed hasn't crashed you can pay off nice lights on the first grow. Cheap LEDs don't yield well.

FourthCity

FourthCity

If you're going to crop a 10x10 and you live somewhere where the price of weed hasn't crashed you can pay off nice lights on the first grow. Cheap LEDs don't yield well.
The price has nothing to do with how a light performs or how much it your plant will yield. Overpaying for a poor quality light wont make it better and getting a good deal on a nice light doesn't make it any worse.

Last edited:
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

These 8w LED grow bulbs from Home Depot work great, you will need about 386 of them for a 10'x10' tent.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Cheap. When it's a cheap price, that probably means cheap quality.
Lights are the number 1 most important thing in the tent. Junk light, junk plants.
Stay away from blurples unless you are planting green beans. They just don't come close for weed.

FourthCity

FourthCity

I have an idea for all of you, how about taking this up in the LED for Dummies thread?
I don't think there is anything new or useful being discussed here that would benefit that thread but I didn't mean to start an argument either. I just wanted to give the op a straight answer without getting into a debate over the premise of their question.

Also, being familiar with the contents of the led threads, asking a newbie here to read through them and pick out the good info from all the nonsense is expecting a lot.

Anthem

Anthem

I don't think there is anything new or useful being discussed here that would benefit that thread but I didn't mean to start an argument either. I just wanted to give the op a straight answer without getting into a debate over the premise of their question.
It always turns into a debate no matter who starts it. It is the nature of the beast, hence I keep my lighting opinions to myself these days.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm sorry Anthem. Being new here I'm still learning where everything is. It's a shame that it takes time.
Until then, where would you say basic growing information should go?

Anthem

Anthem

I'm sorry Anthem. Being new here I'm still learning where everything is. It's a shame that it takes time.
Until then, where would you say basic growing information should go?
If you click on the forum button at the top of the page there is actually a sub title basic growing information.
If you really want to start to learn stuff start by looking up this guy Jackmayoffer, he does not post on here any more because well. He got a big time job, but if you go thru his posts you can use that to search on the likes of others posts from back in like 2012 or so. I find the best content being posted back in the day. Today most of the people on this site are in 3' x 3' or 4' x 4' tents today and that is not meant to insult anyone.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Because of the attitude and legal changes, many more are growing now. It's going to get much busier soon.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

There is a thread called 'jackmayoffer distilled', somebody actually went thru hundreds of his posts and put it together in one thread like a Q and A. Just look it up in the search bar.

Also look up desertsquirrel and quantum9 if you want to learn about under current system or RDWC in general. Jackmayoffer did coco coir most of the time.

Anthem

Anthem

There is a thread called 'jackmayoffer distilled', somebody actually went thru hundreds of his posts and put it together in one thread like a Q and A. Just look it up in the search bar.

Also look up desertsquirrel and quantum9 if you want to learn about under current system or RDWC in general. Jackmayoffer did coco coir most of the time.
I did not know about that one Lex Thank YOU. Yes I want to say he did Coco mats and stuff, I just find that old information to have alot of good basic stuff in it.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I did not know about that one Lex Thank YOU. Yes I want to say he did Coco mats and stuff, I just find that old information to have alot of good basic stuff in it.

Yea, I was looking thru jackmayoffer posts a few days ago and came across that thread, it was made in 2016 I think ? not sure but I joined this forum back in 2011, so I remember the OG's lol I learned EVERYTHING I know about growing from this website and personal experience.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

My wife and I have been growing almost as long as we can remember. I was raised on a farm and cattle ranch, she has a green thumb.
We never grew inside in all those years until 2 years ago. It took a bit of learning to get the lights right, once we had that, its all good.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have an idea for all of you, how about taking this up in the LED for Dummies thread?
If you click on the forum button at the top of the page there is actually a sub title basic growing information.
If you really want to start to learn stuff start by looking up this guy Jackmayoffer, he does not post on here any more because well. He got a big time job, but if you go thru his posts you can use that to search on the likes of others posts from back in like 2012 or so. I find the best content being posted back in the day. Today most of the people on this site are in 3' x 3' or 4' x 4' tents today and that is not meant to insult anyone.
no disrespect taken I have 3- 2x4 tents myself , the only thing I have to say here is the size of your grow doesn’t equal quality. Light however plays a huge roll

Top Bottom