best auto strains at the mo?

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

You can get very powerful autos and you will need to know that all the AF's out there need:
Nutrients

During the first 12-14 days you won't have to feed your plant anything but water. After this period you could start adding growth nutrients, the light type. Continue this until the plant has been flowering for a week. This will amount to about two weeks of giving growth nutrients. Flush well and then switch to flowering nutrients for about 4 weeks. Again, use the light type. About a week before harvesting you can stop giving nutrients.
And please remember, don't feed them too much. Commercial producers of plant nutrients tend to advise very high concentrations of nutrients for your plants. We usually use a lot less, especially with autoflowering cannabis strains. If the bottle reads 20-30 ml per litre, we will use 5-15 ml per litre.
Size Of Pots

Most autoflowering cannabis seeds will not become very large. So really large pots are not advised to use. You could use pots varying in content from 3 - 15 litre. The larger the pot is you use, the more roots the plant will make, the higher and larger your plant will be. Of course there's a limit there. In our experience with most autoflowering cannabis seeds 15 litres pots are the limit. Every extra space it gets is basically useless. It doesn't harm your plants either by the way.

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

I can provide you with a PDF copy of "Growing elite marijuana" if you are serious about growing. You cannot go wrong if you have this book. Just send me a message with an email to send it to.

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

A good thread all.
Any good recs for AF's outdoors in cold temps and high elevation?
Yes, but the outdoor grower is of course dependent on the time of the year. With autoflowering cannabis seeds you can start the germination when the first serious signs of ´nice weather´ have come in spring. Of course it's important to take into account where you are situated, on this globe. In the warmer regions you could start early may. But if you live in a colder area you will need to wait a few weeks. During a long and warm summer you are able to start a new cycle of plants in the start of august. 2 to 3 harvest are possible within one season!
In the somewhat colder regions it's most likely your autoflowering cannabis plants will need a few days more to fully mature than the amount of days given by the seed producer.
P.S. There are areas on this globe were during the summer the sun doesn't set at all, giving (nearly) 24 hours of daylight. The introduction of autoflowering cannabis seeds has enabled people in these areas to grow outdoors nowadays! From Finland to the North West Territories... Just give ´m a little bit of sun and they will thrive everywhere.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

You can get very powerful autos and you will need to know that all the AF's out there need:
Nutrients

During the first 12-14 days you won't have to feed your plant anything but water. After this period you could start adding growth nutrients, the light type. Continue this until the plant has been flowering for a week. This will amount to about two weeks of giving growth nutrients. Flush well and then switch to flowering nutrients for about 4 weeks. Again, use the light type. About a week before harvesting you can stop giving nutrients.
And please remember, don't feed them too much. Commercial producers of plant nutrients tend to advise very high concentrations of nutrients for your plants. We usually use a lot less, especially with autoflowering cannabis strains. If the bottle reads 20-30 ml per litre, we will use 5-15 ml per litre.
Size Of Pots

Most autoflowering cannabis seeds will not become very large. So really large pots are not advised to use. You could use pots varying in content from 3 - 15 litre. The larger the pot is you use, the more roots the plant will make, the higher and larger your plant will be. Of course there's a limit there. In our experience with most autoflowering cannabis seeds 15 litres pots are the limit. Every extra space it gets is basically useless. It doesn't harm your plants either by the way.

good info bro! what about the average yield of an AF in 15l pots relatively to a parallel natural strain growing in the same medium?

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

good info bro! what about the average yield of an AF in 15l pots relatively to a parallel natural strain growing in the same medium?
Your AF will grow to its average height the extra space wont hurt it either way it varies and with an AF. However, giving the AF 24 hours of light, if growing indoors, will increase your yield. The White Widow auto is supposed to yield 40 to 160 grams. This with an average height of 50cm(19 1/2") to 110cm(43.5") The natural strain of White Widow will give you much more because in the same size pot but the cola may become to large to be held up.
I recently germinate a White Widow auto from Dinafem Seeds. Growing under 24/0 photoperiod I got to say this plant as an AF does have some veg growth. So, its should take about three weeks before it begins to flower. I would recommend using A nitrogen feed for the first two weeks after germination. Once you see the signs of flowering (Pistils) change the nutes to high phosphorus and good luck on your grow.
Dinafem seed bank says: "Dinafem Seeds White Widow is the most potent cannabis on Earth and is named for the abundance of trichomes, giving the plant a whitish tint. It is also one of the more powerful strains of marijuana (alongside AK-47 and Afghan Kush) with a very high 20%-25% THC content. White Widow feminized seeds are (60%/40%) indica/sativa cross-strain and is best suited to indoor cannabis cultivation. White widow can grow as high as 35-110 cm with the yield up to 450 gr per m2. It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower!

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

The size of auto-flowering plant is directly related to the post size, light intensity, spectrum and cycle, fertilizer, growing medium , training(topping, LST-low stress training, SCROG-screen of green) and other stresses like transplanting, bug problems and diseases.
The typical auto-flower plant size is from 7 to 20 inches (17cm to 50cm) but it may be smaller if the conditions are harsh or exactly the opposite if they are perfect.

Basically all of these previously mentioned conditions can affect the plant size but some may affect it more than others.

Pot size
Pot size is very important aspect for your plants size and if the pot is too little then the plant will become root bound and it will stun the growth. For regular plants the rule of thumb is to get a gallon (3,7 liters) of dirt per foot (30,4 cm) of the plant height. That been told that means that if you are planning to grow your plant 60 centimeters then you need at least 7 liter pot. Autoflower plants are almost the same, and you can grow your auto-flower plant to its full potential in 1 to 3 gallon (3,7 to 11.1liter) pots.

Light
Light is the plants elixir of life and cannabis loves the intense sunlight but if you are growing indoors you have to replicate the Suns light artificially and that can be a problem. Plant size is affected very tremendously by the light you have and how close of far it is from your plant. If the light is too far away the plant will stretch and will become weak and won’t be able to produce dense flowers. But if the light is too close your plant will get heat burns and it will stunt the growth of it and it could become a dwarf plant.
The light cycle also affects the plant and if the light is too little the plant will also stretch and won’t be able to produce buds, but if it will get the proper amount of light 18 to 24 hours a day then the plant will grow like weed.

Fertilizer and nutrients
Cannabis plant size can be affected by the amount of fertilizer – if it is too little the plant will struggle to grow and will be sick, but if the fertilizer is too much the plant will also struggle to absorb other elements and will be a small sick plant. If you manage to get the nutrients in the right amount then the auto flower cannabis plant will grow strong and can produce up to 3 ounces (85 grams) of dried bud.
The nutrients or if I am precise the elements that are found in the fertilizer are the plants food and it can’t grow without them, but if they are too much then they can kill the plant.

Training
Auto flower cannabis plants have a very short life cycle and any stress will affect the plants. Topping and Auto-flower strain is completely useless because the plant needs recovery time but the short life cycle will not allow it to fully recover and that will dramatically reduce the plants size. Even LST and SCROG are not recommended because they will stress the plant.

Transplanting
Even transplanting your ruderalis plant can reduce its size and it is better to plant your plant in one container and let it grow untouched.

So we can see that auto-flower plants are very delicate and they do not like to be stressed in any way and even the smallest stress can reduce the plants size.

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

The first thing everyone should know is that you CAN grow cannabis with CFL(compact fluorescent light). The end yield and plant size won’t be anywhere near what the HID(high intensity discharge) lamps can grow but you will still be able to produce some fine cannabis flowers and do it all not spending hundreds of dollars on sophisticated light systems. The CFL bulbs are perfect for beginners or growers who have small growing space or heat problems.

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

AUTO FLOWER SOIL.
Last time we found how to find the perfect pot size for autoflowering plants and now we need to see what so put in that pot.

Almost all auto-flowering cannabis plants are very tough and can grow in almost any soil but how well they can grow is another question.
Most of the commercial cross-breed hybrids are very picky and can stay very short and yield very small amounts if they don’t receive adequate soil or soilless mix. When buying your soil/soilless mix you need to think about some aspects that are involved in the plants well being.
Light or heavy
First thing you need to know before buying your growing medium is – autoflower plants love to grow in “airy” growing medium. Airy means that the growing medium should be very spongy and allow the root mass to penetrate it well. If the soil is not “light” enough then the roots will struggle to penetrate the ground and that will stress the plant. Heavy soil will also stress the plant by not allowing the roots to get enough oxygen and not allowing the water to penetrate the soil, leaving some dry spots. If the growing mix is too “light” then roots won’t be able to hold, support the plant and it will easily roll over. Too light soil will also struggle to hold water and will dry up in short amount of time.
This means that you should look for a growing medium that is airy, but if you can’t get a hold of such a thing then ad some Perlite to increase the water drainage and root penetration.

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

Auto flowering cannabis temperature

Autoflower cannabis like any other regular cannabis plant loves to grow in a warm cozy temperature form 24 to 30 C (75 to 86 F) however there are many factors that can allow marijuana to grow in slightly warmer or colder environment.

Basically cannabis plants like to be at the warm side of the scale and that allows them to grow at their full potential and at full speed. Also if the temperature is high the air can hold more water and that reduces the humidity eliminating the risk of fungus and mold.
Indoors you can measure and control the temperature much easier and fix any extremes much faster. The ideal temperature for your autoflower plant should be 27 to 29 C (80 to 84F) and you should maintain this temperature for the entire plants life cycle.
f there is a dark period for your autoflower cannabis the temperature should not drop more than 10 degrees or else it could hurt the plant and that would reduce its size and the yield.

If the temperature gets too high you should upgrade your ventilation and never let the temperature surpass 35 C ( 95 F) or else your plant will suffer and die quickly. If the temperature is too high then the plant can’t absorb CO2 and it slows down the growth a lot. The first signs of temperature being to high are when the plant leafs start to crumble but if the problem is not solved the plant could start wilting and die.
Some experienced growers say that you can grow cannabis in temperatures around 32C (90 F) but then you need to enrich the air in the growing room with additional CO2 and you need to water your plants much more often. Many growers say that this method can yield you slightly more bud than the plats that were grown the usual way without the CO2 enrichment.

In the wild cannabis plants get as much CO2 as they need and that way they can grow in higher temperatures but this additional heat at the flowering stages of growth can reduce the THC production and the marijuana won’t be so potent.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

AF's look to low to the ground where many problems are how do you suggest to combat those problems outdoor? or i mean how might one solve that issue, like for example rain in mud splashing up and getting lower branches or dirt getting in about half if its under 3ft or 2ft tall?

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

AF's look to low to the ground where many problems are how do you suggest to combat those problems outdoor? or i mean how might one solve that issue, like for example rain in mud splashing up and getting lower branches or dirt getting in about half if its under 3ft or 2ft tall?
You can two things. 1) you can put yard border around it at the base., and 2) place rocks near your plant and around it, close to the stem, this will cause water to bounce away from your plant. You can also place rock all around your grow area to dispell water away from the plant. Good luck.

C

critical

goodness me everyone reallys started chimein in on my auto thread thanks alot guys! and thanks auto sticky u have shared some great info! i gota get some shots of mine at the mo soon as i get a new cam there really nice but i think with all the info u shared i should be getin a even nicer yield now! my first ones were half oz's n 1 or 2 1 oz plants but these next ones pretty much look all oz plants maybe bit more on some n then some others that are smaller look at least 3 quarters an oz but hopefully i can hit 2 oz per plant on next ones with the info u gave on the autos now :D thanks auto sticky and thanks everyone else for the interest these new autos that are out rock man! all my stuffs been frosted out real dense n as potent n tastey n stinky as normal stuff if not, better! :D

C

critical

also i went light on my first run with potent but small results but doubled up and gave them mid range of what my nutrients was sayin to give and now they massive n look just as potent n frosty n smell lovely! i start givin at week 3 or 4 at 2ml n then 3 on smaller ones n 4 ml on bigger ones till week 6.5 or 7 then flush till end week 9 n had some tastey potent results last time but that was with half the amount as this time... hopefully a good flush should still do the trick.. maybe go for an extra week to 10 to give a longer flush they all still pretty green :) some slight fades on leafs so flush shall begin now at start week 7 :) by the way im only using plant magic oldtimer organics bloom and there soil supreme, heard real good things bout it on british forums n it living up to its name, maybe thats why they liking the bigger doses of nutrients iv heard its fine to follow the giudelines on this nute coz its bang on the mark coz the whole lines made by a old longtime grower of decades n growforum member himself so he has it all on point aparently n fine to use the recomended dose it seems :) i usually go light with anythin at first but iv gradually raised the amount n is fine with this stuff but thanks for the heads up i heard n learned the hardway already with other nutes like advanced nutrients :( sod them ! quality of strict organics is unmatchable n unbeatable n salt based n chem based nutes dont come close... :)

C

critical

also how much u avarage per plant on your autos auto sticky?

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

goodness me everyone reallys started chimein in on my auto thread thanks alot guys! and thanks auto sticky u have shared some great info! i gota get some shots of mine at the mo soon as i get a new cam there really nice but i think with all the info u shared i should be getin a even nicer yield now! my first ones were half oz's n 1 or 2 1 oz plants but these next ones pretty much look all oz plants maybe bit more on some n then some others that are smaller look at least 3 quarters an oz but hopefully i can hit 2 oz per plant on next ones with the info u gave on the autos now :D thanks auto sticky and thanks everyone else for the interest these new autos that are out rock man! all my stuffs been frosted out real dense n as potent n tastey n stinky as normal stuff if not, better! :D
Cool, I will stay tuned to see if you need anymore assistance. I will be posting pictures of my plant called Beer goggles, the reason it is called that is because I fed it beer during its flower period. The pistils are very pronounced and smelling very good. From the looks of it the beer as proven to be a great nute for the autoflower. Post coming soon.;)

C

critical

Cool, I will stay tuned to see if you need anymore assistance. I will be posting pictures of my plant called Beer goggles, the reason it is called that is because I fed it beer during its flower period. The pistils are very pronounced and smelling very good. From the looks of it the beer as proven to be a great nute for the autoflower. Post coming soon.;)
lol u joker alcoholic autos lol now iv heard it all :) so what beer did u use? n does beer work good for normal strains too then bro? thats a new one for me man lol what makes it good for them the yeist the hops the alcohol itself lol?

C

critical

and look forward to seein ya lovely shots dude ;) im guna have to get a cam from somewhere quick man before these ones are done :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom