Best Brand of Digital Ballast?

• Thread starter CoughingMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Quantums are where its at. Other dimmables "dim" the light but still pull their rated wattage. Quantums pull what theyre dialed to..1000 dialed to 75% pulls 750, 50% pulls 500. Also Way To Grow in Denver will send you out the door w a new one if they cant fix it in 10 min..if it takes a shit on you. Plantlightinghydroponics.com has Q 1000s for 240 shipped.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

whoo man...

the lumateks suck ass.

They wont replace them without it having to go back to the factory for THEIR people to deem it replacable.

It had me out of a light for 2 weeks.

Fuck that and fuck lumatek..

no offense:banana1sv6:

sorry to hear about your situation...

i have had nothing but quality long lasting gear from Lumatek. i even still have their very FIRST release ballast 600w and they still work fine. ya just gotta pair them with the proper bulbs....

N

Ne Obliviscaris

whoo man...

the lumateks suck ass.

They wont replace them without it having to go back to the factory for THEIR people to deem it replacable.

I think thats an issue with your grow store and not lumatek. I know my place will replace any lumatek ballast without question if there are any issues with it.

And in terms of quality of the ballast itself, I've never had an issue with a lumatek, what makes you say they suck ass, do they fail on you?

B

Buddy Hemphill

I think thats an issue with your grow store and not lumatek. I know my place will replace any lumatek ballast without question if there are any issues with it.

And in terms of quality of the ballast itself, I've never had an issue with a lumatek, what makes you say they suck ass, do they fail on you?

Nah...do a google search on those purple ballasts....

they are pretty much considered the trashiest digital out there.

And its Lumatek policy...not individual stores. Check it out. You may want tao ask that question, directly, to your store. Tell em what you heard online and ask them what Lumateks policy is...

I know one store that has to stock loaners ,at their expense, just to handle Lumatek warranty bullshit.

Yes, they have failed me.

J

JAHGYDI

i just turned 2 lumateks back into my store exchanged for quantums. i talked to a dude at lumatek he said its the stores policy to not theres. that being said to the store i bitched until i got them to replace both ballast with quantums. one of the lumateks still worked. i also got store credit cuz quantums were cheaper.

B

Bluenote

Lumatek and Advanced Badass Ballasts are the best hands down

Uhhhh I don't think so..............the latter is the usual over-hyped AN bullshit and the former has enough horror stories to choke a horse along with seeming to think that the words "customer" and " service" are mutually oppositional............

Some of y'all need to take a close look at the RF interference emitted by some of these new age ballasts and think about the permutations of that issue as regards security.

And YES there have already been folks nicked via that factor.

N

norm

whoo man...

the lumateks suck ass.

lol that is whack

I have had 7 1k lumateks for a few years now and they have never had a problem. I always run hortilux in them and only on an odd bulb have I had any "singing" I got 2 old used lumateks from a buddy and one of those went out after it was about 3-5 years old. called them up, sent it back and they sent me a brand new (improved model) for 150$

Ive been looking at quamtums for the next 6-8 i buy , but wanna check out these solis tek now also

just another first hand review, take it for what its worth.:character0053:

N

norm

Uhhhh I don't think so..............the latter is the usual over-hyped AN bullshit and the former has enough horror stories to choke a horse along with seeming to think that the words "customer" and " service" are mutually oppositional............

Some of y'all need to take a close look at the RF interference emitted by some of these new age ballasts and think about the permutations of that issue as regards security.

And YES there have already been folks nicked via that factor.

REAL TALK, if your not legal, and in the a populated area, you are putting yourself at more risk than one would think

B

Bluenote

Yes repeatedly. And their idea of customer service is nomenclature in a brochure/ad it's not a reality as regards servicing the customer.

I went back to magnetic.

J

JAHGYDI

dude i spoke to at lumatek was great. he said its the stores policy. the store i bought mine had to call bwgs as they were the distributers. store gave me new ones then i exchanged those for quantums. and i too have had cable company shut down cable cuz of bad rf noise. that was when i was in an apartment.

C

Chronicseeker

After reading all the back and forth I had to try a side by side of a 1K Q ballast and 1K lumatek (Hort Eye bulbs currently will test Ushio next)...
The quantum runs noticeably cooler than the lumatek, not sure if the high temps are any indication of potential product longevity.
It is hard to tell without a light meter but I feel as though the quantum runs at a constant lumen rate while the lumatek spikes here and there.

Just an unbiased observation....
As for fails, both ballasts are still working 1.5 yrs into the test. Bulbs have been switched once to keep a constant...

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

go lumatek or galaxy, and use a bulb that is designed for use in a digital ballast. most problems with modern digitals are a result of bulb incompatibly issues. Digis run at a higher frequency and will likely burn out hortilux bulbs faster than usual. This setup will be superior to a magnetic ballast setup

Learnt that the hard way.

NebulasINbloom

NebulasINbloom

Gavita Gavita Gavita. They have sealed ballasts with Gortex valves to release AIR and NOT moisture. Humboldt released a similar one, and it is designed to use with standard 1k bulbs. The Gavita is suppose to use DE Phillips Green Monster Bulbs (DE = Dual Ended). The Gavitas are bare bulbs, but you can run a Hortilux bulb with them and run ventilated hoods too. Nothing comes close. 400v running helps get around the interference people are experiencing.

Peace
Neb

clandestino

clandestino

Hi I am looking for info on the best ballast options in the UK right now? I can't go the DE route because I am growing vert trees. So 1000w digital hps ballasts are what I need!

MysteryMoog

MysteryMoog

Old thread....lol im sure things have changed. I use vivosun. Have 4 of them. 1 arrived and the ballast did not work properly. I did think "shit, mine as well just order another one". But, took a second and emailed them sunday morning. To my amazement, i had a response back within an hour. All they asked me to do, was take a pic of the ser number on it for them. They had me a new ballast, so fast, i was just taken aback. I also did not need to send the broken one back, which is great for me....parts. Anyways, from perdonal experience, vivosun has been wonderful to me. More so than i ever expected. The only thing i did not like, and has now been solved, is they mailed it in the product box. I had a complete hood/ballast show up screaming " GROW LIGHT".....that sucked major ass.

So, i guess to sum it up......outside a bad ballast upon arrival, which was rectified post haste, i have had zero issues while running the vivosun.......which, i originally bought on price alone, but continue to because of the pricing, quality, and they took care of a proplem when one arose.

MysteryMoog

MysteryMoog

I think these are tough to beat for the price.....though they did go up a few bucks i see.

I also have 3 400w ones. The hoods great.

Top Bottom