Best carbon filters for a 6in in-line fan

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

I know this question is asked a lot but I don’t know much about carbon filters right now I’m using 1 6in hydro farm in-line fan 400 cfm pictured below.. my setup is pictured (I know it’s messy uneven lighting and lights are way too close I’m fixing that tomarrow their growing too fast lol ) I’m running all the air outside of 1 (of my 2) foundation vents in my garage everything has been doing good so far but the smell is starting to come.. i have a 8x8x4 tent and about 11 plants in it right now..

any suggestions are appreciated! Brands sizes etc looking to spend about $75-$150

Best carbon filters for a 6in in line fan
Best carbon filters for a 6in in line fan 2
Best carbon filters for a 6in in line fan 3
Best carbon filters for a 6in in line fan 4
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I like phresh filters. Carbon is not created equal so imo stay away from the cheapies. I'm sure other have other good options also.
I want to run another out take to keep my temps low and have an odoursok if you know what they are it doesnt work properly can i fill it with carbon pellets to make it work hahah

Miked1988

Miked1988

I like phresh filters. Carbon is not created equal so imo stay away from the cheapies. I'm sure other have other good options also.
Yeah I was looking at the phresh filters too I heard slot of good things about them.. will a 6x16 phresh filter fit with a hydro farm 6in in-line fan? I could find any dimensions/sizing for the phresh filters so I didn’t really know where to start

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was looking specifically at this one cause my fan is 400cfm too
Go to their website they have charts for matching CFM to filter etc. That's what I did for mine but I never took the time to understand the calculations

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

In an 8x8 I might consider stepping up to an 8" fan.

With that said, Mountain Air makes the best carbon filters. They are not super cheap but a 6x24 would work for you if you stayed with your 6" fan.

Miked1988

Miked1988

In an 8x8 I might consider stepping up to an 8" fan.

With that said, Mountain Air makes the best carbon filters. They are not super cheap but a 6x24 would work for you if you stayed with your 6" fan.
Ok I’m gonna look into that.. I’ve heard good things a lot the mountain air ones too.. mountain air, phresh, cann seems to be the top ones I’m seeing.. thanks man I appreciate it

Top Bottom