Best dehumidifier

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Hi,

I am growing in a closet and recently moved apartments. The closet has a 12” fan blowing directly at the two plantsI have in there but the humidity won’t drop below 67% and rises as high as 79% when it reaches really hot temperatures outside (upper 80s). It’s a garden apartment and pretty humid at all times.

Would moving my grow into a grow tent and out of a closet be a better idea? Should I get a dehumidifier? Any recommendations on dehumidifiers? I know that during flowering this is too high and will cause bud rot. My plants are about 8weeks old and I still have them in veg. I am waiting to fix my humidity problem before flipping them to flower.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Into a tent and out of a closet meh wouldn't really change much imho. You MIGHT get better exhaust that way if you include a inline fan and exhaust tho.

A dehumidifier might help you'd have to get one and make sure it can keep up with the demand tho.

I would suggest getting an inline fan and ducting if you don't already and see if that improves, just pushing hot humid air around a closet is not going to lower temps or humidity.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Cheap one that will knock it down. Check around on amazon and local stores. Just be for warned dehueys put out some heat specially in a sealed up temp so if temps are an issue it wont be a solve.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I've got 2 actually:

first is the 70 pint Frigidaire, and second is the Delonghi 12000 btu portable air conditioner (times of heat and humidity), but I only used dehumid if the temps are acceptable. It's been cool of late here in Seattle, and it's still getting in the upper 50's at night. Anytime I've got flowering going on, I use dehmid, especially in mid to late flower, (never in veg, unless there flowers somewhere) also keeping temps as cool as possible, (downwards too approx 55f) Then I usually add heat, depending on the situation. If humidity is terrible, it's also a good means of cooling the environment, if you can evacuate the heat exhaust.

With the Frigidaire, I can actually add heat inside the area, I use it at night. Anytime it's warmer than say 60f, I switch to the Delonghi, because it vents the exhaust outside, if it's above 75 on goes the AC unit itself... (Delonghi is a dual unit with dehumid and AC built in the same unit).

The Delonghi unit was about $400 (usually $1K+) and can be found on ebay.

That said, dehumid is a vital part of the flowering cycle, enhances oil production, increases potency, getting them cool/dry nights are critical to potentiate fragrance, and also creates an "anti-mold/mildew" environment, it eliminates many problems, helping against bugs, pest, in addition to creating a superior product.

It's a solid investment for any grower.
IMG 20200602 165619

S l1600 3
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I currently running it right now. I only run it in the nighttime, and let it re hydrate during the day, then back to dry again. I love to stress my plants, especially at the end. Slap them bitches around a little, and make them stronger.

Same with the constant wind tunnel there dealing with...

and letting the top inch or two completely dry out, then start all over again.
IMG 20200703 025034   Copy
IMG 20200703 025122   Copy
IMG 20200703 025107   Copy
IMG 20200703 025039   Copy

Last edited:
Top Bottom