Best Dehumidifiers

• Thread starter Baddog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Baddog

Ok So i have a diy RDWC Similar to UC System, But I am using 18 gallon Totes! My Dehumidifier is peterin out on me and I need a new one! I'm open for Suggestions on a good one! My room size is 15' x 22' x 8' and right now RH is running 55% to 70% ( A bit high ) I,m Running air cooled Sealed system 8000w flower room w/ Propane Co2 Burner! and 1000w Veg!

E

ent

I use this one. My room is 10x10 so i don't know if this will cut it for you. It has autp-setting to adjust where you want the humidity. It's also pretty quiet. To get get FREE 2 day shipping on Amazon just sign up for the FREE super saver shipping. Once it shows up, cancel the service. That's how I got mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Soleus-CFM-40...6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1293999121&sr=1-6

I have that one too. It is decent, but the problem is if you wanted to hook it up to a environmental controller it won't work. When the controller cuts off the A/C power, then cuts the power back on the dehumidifier will not turn back on. You must use the humidistat built in.

I prefer an analog type of dehumidifier vs a digital one.

I have a smaller, cheaper analog one I received from a friend and it seems to do a better job dehumidifying than the Soleus. I'll get the manufacturer/model next time I'm around and update this post.

singlespeed

singlespeed

That's true. I need an analog AC. My AC has that on/off problem with my controller.

B

Bobby Smith

You don't necessarily need an "analog" - you simply need one with an "auto-restart" option.

My Edgestar AC is all digital but has an auto-restart function so I can use it with my Sentinel.

S

swayzie

sounds like u have a decent sized setup.

so u should stop messing around with small ass dehumidifiers

get a santa fe dehumidifier. its what the big boys use. google it

B

Baddog

Tanks Swayzie I am Thinking about the Santa Fe Compact. Has any one used before?

Globel

Globel

DriEazDrizAirLGR2000.jpg

These DriEaz DrizAir are what are used in large grows. There nice because they use a lot less amps then traditional home dehumidifiers and they also have built in sump pumps for the water.

there also about $1200

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Does it swallow

Just kiddin, but 1200.00 for a dehumidifier that looks like the one I got for 120.00 is kinda funny. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sounds like the case

mal

B

Baddog

Ended up getting a Home dopey special 65 pint for 285 Thanks Maybe next time ill pony up the dough for a Driz-Air or a Santa Fe

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sup Baddog! Just wondering how the 65 pint dehumidifier is working for you... :wondering

To you or anyone with experience in this area, I've been researching dehumidifier models with a drain line feature compared to those with the water bin only that must be emptied manually... My bedroom is 10'x11' with a 9' ceiling (990 cf) and the attached bathroom is about 270 cf of volume. I have 1,600W in the bedroom and another 600W in the bathroom. My room is not sealed, but has a passive fresh air intake and exhaust from the 3 air cooled hoods...

Would a 65 pint dehumidifier be able to handle the total volume of 1,260 cf with an avg RH of 70%? If so would I need to attach a bucket to capture the water (I'm assuming the typical 12 pint water bin would be filled overnight)? Any advice, suggestions, and links to dehumidifier models would be greatly appreciated... :cool

B

Bobby Smith

A 65 pint dehuey would handle that shit with ease, bro................obviously depends more on the plant matter than the wattage, but yeah, 65 is plenty for that (IMO), unless you live in the Amazon.

As far as the direct drain option - mine has it, but it's *not* as big of a deal as you'd think - assuming the tank is accessible, they're all made out of plastic - i.e., pretty easy to take a step drill bit and set up your own auto-drain by hooking up some hose/tube fittings to it.

And if you can do something with that dehuey waste water, that's even better...........I have mine set to top-off my veg reservoir (comes out at ~5PPMs from the dehuey).

EDIT: Shady, not sure if you have an atmospheric controller or not, but if you do (or ever plan on upgrading to one), make sure to get a dehuey with an "auto-restart" option (generally will have the analog knobs and not be a digital, but not always).

B

Baddog

Hey Shady Ya mine is doing ok its a auto restart with the drain option so I can hook up to my brain, and drain into sink. Right now i just have it on a timer sitting on floor, it runs during lights out only set to 55 and keeps it at about 60 rh! Fills up overnight! Got it at Home depot $285. My flower room is 15 x 15! 8000w and the 36000 mini split AC seam to keep it at 50% during Lite cycle

deacon1503

deacon1503

Dri Eaz all the way for the commercial grows. Residential and small scale any 70 pint will do.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the responses fellas! I'll make sure to look for one that has the auto restart feature... :cool

S

SoCaler

I'm using a Sunleaves 20 ltr. dehumidifier. Which is about40pts. In a 8x8 tent with a 22,000btu mini split AC unit and its not enough. I'm late in flower now and having trouble getting it down to 60%. It runs constantly, so I have it drain to a 5gal. bucket that can fill in less than 2 days.
I run co2 but I have run the exhaust a little to get to around 50%.
:(

D

daddy2kids

I have been reading through the threads looking for like-minded posters. As a parent with kids and licensed firearms safely locked at the house, I searched the net for dehumidifiers to help with my kids health and also for rust prevention for my guns ; this forum is one among the search results. I decided to join to learn from other people before buying one. Read reviews so that I can buy one with good quality.

Top Bottom