best germination technique for Northern Lights ?

• Thread starter farmeraz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmeraz

What is the best germination technique for Northern Lights ?

I had 100 percent germination with all others and 100 percent failure
on them?
I tryed rock wool, rapid-rooter, pre soak !
I do not know if the like soil? temp? to wet, to dry?
All others 100 percent ( unless the seed was a dud )
any one have a good technique with Northen Light seed?
Please help or direct me!!

R

Relaxed420

Not sure I have heard that NL is so hard to germ, maybe, I would recommend you try sticking the seeds in the fridge for 24-48hr before you soak them. My last go around, did this and had 100% with all of them and they all pop'd within 48hr (most pop'd the next day).

S

sound1744

yea ive had germ issues with NL#s. they can take a good few days to germ even a week. keep them moist and warm 75f :bongsmi:

peace.

F

farmeraz

Thanks for the replys
glad to see I am not just me with N.L. sprouting!

Thanks for the frig. tip ! I just may try that.
I think too much heat too ! temp around 80 +/_ few . maybe back down to 75?
The seeds seem to swell but just dont open!

R

ReconMan

You know I also had the same problem with some expensive, store bought, C-13 beans and after spending a big chunk on them, I didn't want to take any chances as mine would swell until they were about to bust open yet they never made it to the transition. Several days later they would turn black and that was it, no more. Well about 3 years ago someone on this site gave me some interesting information. They asked me to get a fine grit sand paper and slightly sand the side where it would crack open. I'll be damned if it didn't solved all my problems, it made the difference between life and death. Something about certain beans have more of a waxy shell than others, this just helps Mother Nature along since the bean at such a young age just needs a little help!!! watch you germination temps as well , No Temp Spikes, they will NOT recover. Hope this helps like it helped me, Good Luck

Top Bottom