Best grow style and light setup

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

So I have 2 lights I wanna run this grow. I have a spiderfarmer se5000 and a mars hydro tsw 2000. I’m currently trying to figure out best way to configure the lights and best grow style to maximize my lights. I’m thinking about doing a scrog this go around but maybe there is a better style of growing for my setup. I wanted to do about a 4 foot by 6 or 7 foot scrog with 2-3 inch squares. I’m also wondering how far to space the lights apart from each other. Obviously the mars hydro will be way under powered compared to the spiderfarmer but would this work? I have 6 regular weeding cake seedlings growing right now, how many plants is ideal to run in a scrog setup? I’ll attach some pics of my lights and grow room also a pic of a grow I found on google that I’m kinda basing my idea off of. Any and all help appreciated.
Best grow style and light setup
Best grow style and light setup 2
Best grow style and light setup 3

Observationist

Observationist

No one has
So I have 2 lights I wanna run this grow. I have a spiderfarmer se5000 and a mars hydro tsw 2000. I’m currently trying to figure out best way to configure the lights and best grow style to maximize my lights. I’m thinking about doing a scrog this go around but maybe there is a better style of growing for my setup. I wanted to do about a 4 foot by 6 or 7 foot scrog with 2-3 inch squares. I’m also wondering how far to space the lights apart from each other. Obviously the mars hydro will be way under powered compared to the spiderfarmer but would this work? I have 6 regular weeding cake seedlings growing right now, how many plants is ideal to run in a scrog setup? I’ll attach some pics of my lights and grow room also a pic of a grow I found on google that I’m kinda basing my idea off of. Any and all help appreciated.View attachment 1197410View attachment 1197411View attachment 1197412
You can move the mars hydro over some more, maybe a feet or into the other corner to the right?

Observationist

Observationist

Thanks that’s kinda what I was thinking. I’ll probably move the mars hydro over about a foot. I wish I knew the footprints of the lights better or if I had a par meter that would help
That SF is well documented you should be able to find diagrams online for the PAR/PPFD /sq ft

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

That SF is well documented you should be able to find diagrams online for the PAR/PPFD /sq ft
I did do some research but I’m mainly concerned with where the 2 lights overlap. I’m guessing it will just take a couple rounds with the setup to dial in. Much appreciated man

Observationist

Observationist

I did do some research but I’m mainly concerned with where the 2 lights overlap. I’m guessing it will just take a couple rounds with the setup to dial in. Much appreciated man
Have you played around with any of the PPFD apps?

try tent buddy and PPFD meter for android and not much options on IOS

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Have you played around with any of the PPFD apps?

try tent buddy and PPFD meter for android and not much options on IOS
I do have IOS and there is one app that is supposed to be accurate called Photone. But you have to pay like 6 dollars for the full spectrum led light part of the app so not sure if it’s actually accurate. Plus you have to put a piece of paper over your phone as a defuser

freezeland2

freezeland2

I do have IOS and there is one app that is supposed to be accurate called Photone. But you have to pay like 6 dollars for the full spectrum led light part of the app so not sure if it’s actually accurate. Plus you have to put a piece of paper over your phone as a defuser

I use Photone on a IOS. Do have to use a diffuser but it ain’t a big deal to make one. I haven’t fried a plant and I get good yields. So I’m guessing it’s fairly accurate .

Observationist

Observationist

Also , could lower the big one/ dim it to match par with other one? For early stages
I use Photone on a IOS. Do have to use a diffuser but it ain’t a big deal to make one. I haven’t fried a plant and I get good yields. So I’m guessing it’s fairly accurate .
ahh need to use a diffuser? ok ill play around with it some more

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Yeah the upgraded spiderfarmer SE-5000 has a lower hanging height than the mars hydro but not by a whole lot. I’m sure the spiderfarmer will outperform but I think I can keep it pretty even
You will be surprised how close you can get the lights to your plants.

I recently had 4 plants in a small tent and they were outgrowing it, the light(vibraspectra2000) was only 10" above the canopy. so i dimmed it down to like 20% and they still grew like crazy.

You can play around with them, get them close, dim them down, vice vera just make sure you have good air flow.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Get your meter and draw a grid on the floor of 2 inch squares. Then map the floor with the meter and the light at 16 inches.
Then raise the light to 20 inches and map the floor again. Move lights to insure best map coverage.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Get your meter and draw a grid on the floor of 2 inch squares. Then map the floor with the meter and the light at 16 inches.
Then raise the light to 20 inches and map the floor again. Move lights to insure best map coverage.
Yeah I have come to the conclusion I’ll need to get a meter to figure out what’s best with my setup. I like your idea of creating a map tho I’ll definitely do that after I get a meter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom