Best harvest time

• Thread starter chuckz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

When is the optimum time of day to harvest?

• Dawn (light on)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Dusk (light off)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Middle of light period

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Middle of dark period

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 3 hours before light on

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 3 hours after light on

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 3 hours before light off

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 3 hours after light off

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
chuckz

chuckz

Has anyone experimented with different times of day for harvest?

I have heard and had so many arguments and discussions, which may well manifest in this thread, but do we have statistical details available?

Otherwise, what recommendations may people make?

Does it depend on the strain?

I've got some Dutch Passion Brainstorm ready to pluck from a eco-system, but having got this far, may as well continue to optimise where I can...

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

early in the morning when ive had my coffee lol. nah i like to do it after they had some light and water to purk them up a bit before the slaughter. the leave trims easier when perked. Other than that I dont have an opinion, and never compared. to many variables to do a pepsi challenge imo.

D

DubSpinna

Just IMO and IME!!!

Sometimes IMO, il leave the plant in the darknes for a further 2 days possibly, this just gives an extra lil it of maturing to the plant/plants! (ONLY IMO and from my experience!) Ive found it "CAN" Add some Good NEEDED maturation, is all, wehn you give her a last couple days in the dark before CHOP CHOP time!!!

Peace, but i usualy HARVEST after the lights have been on, and i switch them off, then HARVEST when IMO, the time is OK to do so, like after a Further 12 hours of Darkness anyway, apart from that, its REALLY (IMO) all good whenever you HARVEST, as long as YOUR plant is MATURE and READY!

Peace all,

DubSpinna............:cool::mellow:

P.S, Voted for the 3 hours BEFORE Lights-on, to make sure the HARVESTING time was an accurate kinda time to achieve MInimal or MAximum Maturity anyway, the Darkness HELPS with that anyhow, as MOST will alreadt KNOW!

Thanks everyone....:cool:

C

Coughee Brotha

i love these threads. im sure there is a slightly better time to harvest, whether we actually have good enough eyes, nose or taste buds to notice is the question. ive tried harvesting at so many different times. after watering, after letting them dry up. couple hours with the lights on couple days with no lights. i just feel that after spending at least two months with them, how do we expect anything to change so drastically within a couple hours? i do agree with devil though. in the mornin after ive had a chance to sip some coughee...

S

Steele Savage

In tha old Mel Frank book they conducted testing of different times of day , to peak potency . They found that after a couple hrs darkness was tha perfect time to harvest . I've stuck to this practice fer many yrs now .

Steele

H

HCC

i like to harvest preferrably in the early morning
just like with other herbs for cooking, it is prefferd to harvest them in the early morning, when the morningthaw is gone and the content of the aromatic oils is the highest ...

H

Hazeseeker

I think i've always harvested around the middle of the day, alot of coffee, some music, good pair of scissors so you don't get blissters, chill, plants are chopped, trimmed and hung by night time, then there's that great bit scissor hash as a reward after all the hard work:)

Peace
Hazeseeker

S

Steele Savage

Just goes to show , there are as many different times a grower may harvest as there are growers . Shoots ...whatever works

Steele

K

kid606

i have tried the 2 days darkness pretty often and stick with it (mostly/when space allows)..give it a try
:cool:

B

blackone

2 days darkness sounds like it might actually be a very very nice solution if space allows it- if it really does add maturation then it would be perfect, because you can just move them to your dark place, get the next batch started and then come back 2 days later for the trimming job:)

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I let the plant dry to almost wilted. Give 48 hours dark, and only crop in the middle of the night when all neighbors are asleep.

Nothing worse then having noses twitching and people coming to your door when your in the throws of harvesting.

I

H

Hazeseeker

I think i may try the 48 hour darkness thing at the end of this grow, never tried it before so far, have you noticed increased resin production doing this Herb?

peace
Hazeseeker

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Cant say I have noticed a marked increase in overall quantity of resin, but I have noticed that the plants will ripen more in the 48 hours dark, leaving a plant that yields more amber crystal.

IMO, A plant cant do much interms of produce new resin in the space of 2 days, well not pschoactive resin at any rate.

steveedg

steveedg

i usually do mine just after the light has gone off for the night around 9pm

P

ProGroWannabe

I personally see two very good points being made here so far.

#1 Maturation....however, would just planning the chop a few days later be the same thing though?

#2 Harvesting at night to keep from having visitors while "in the throws of harvest".....great choice of words!!! Personally, this is what I like to do because for me and my situation, stealth is PARAMOUNT, no matter what the plant may or may not do in the span of 24-48 hours.

For some situations this is not an issue, and I am certainly only speaking for myself.

mace

mace

I just like harvesting period. :ninja

But in all seriousness, I've seen some plants do the two days of darkness and it seems to help a small bit. Haven't seen enough cases to make a scientific choice on it.

S

Silica

Ive only tried the 2 days of darkness a few times and gave up on it due to mold.

I just chop em when ive examined them enough and the trichomes look ready.

if you are new to the darkness thing and going to try two days of darkness be carefull where you leave them, if its a cold room the buds might get mold.

Q?- peoples who already do this do you dehumidify the room?

T

the Rock

i pull em whenever I have time/> I reall y dont look forward anymore to 2-3 days of solid trimwork= but it is a means to an end $$$$$ easy money

Top Bottom