Best hood for 3x3 trays

• Thread starter southern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

southern

I have some 3x3 trays I'm about to use. What new hoods are good for this footprint?

Mr.sativa

Mr.sativa

I have a 400watt convertible sunburst that gives off about a 3x3 footprint great for tents or smaller spaces,it's made by sunlight supply I think anywhoo it's not air cooled so if you are looking for that option the same company makes several smaller hoods like the blockbuster 6" great quality hoods have used them for years best bang for yo buck! Plus they are made here in the good ol USA!!

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

how many trays? if you use a 3x3 tray you could have a canopy of 4x4, does this fit in your space? do you like the idea of air cooled?

S

southern

I have 8 trays 3x3. Going to do 2 rows of 4. Looking for an ideal hood for this set up. Want to use 1000 watt air cooled. Not sure how many lights per row and very open to all useful opinions and guidance. Thank you

Mr.sativa

Mr.sativa

I only use my 400 for clones and sprouts in a tent so I can keep higher temps and humidity for better root development. As for my larger veg/flowering rooms I use (2 )magnum xxxl 8" hoods per 10x10 room,so they definitely cover the whole room w intense light I use a white reflective barrier on the floor to bounce back as many lumens as possible. But I would think about a 4x4 light footprint for any hood I've seen on the market of this size about 36" long x 22" wide is good as it gets w quality in mind.

Mr.sativa

Mr.sativa

I
how many trays? if you use a 3x3 tray you could have a canopy of 4x4, does this fit in your space? do you like the idea of air cooled?
I have to air cool my lights due to high temps and extreme humidity where I live it's already in the high 60' s w relative humidity @ like 59-62% but depending on your temps where u live may not have to worry about it as much

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

check out ?about air tight room page three for an idea about cooling multiple lights efficiently. those reflectors are 36"x42"

Top Bottom