Best Hydro Set Up For Experienced Grower But New To Hydro?

• Thread starter Sappy.Hour
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sappy.Hour

Sappy.Hour

As the title says.... I’ve got about 10 years give or take growing experience but would like to venture back into hydro. I have only grown in hempy but would like to expand my horizons. What would you all recommend? Thank you for your time.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Drain to waste something (rockwool/coco or stones ect but those are going to have a lower margin of error). Gonna be about the easiest to maintain since you dont have to worry bout add backs or ph swing. Can build the whole thing from parts at home depot on the cheap.

S

stemznseedz

in my experience, the simplest most effective method is dtw coco. you got to deal with the gnats but that's the only downside. once automated for feeding it's so simple you look for things to do in your room because you feel like you are neglecting it.

4plant

4plant

You can't beat the growth rates from a dwc set up. But if your looking for low maintenance go dtw.

Sappy.Hour

Sappy.Hour

Thank you for the replies everyone. It means a lot when you all post on my questions so quickly. Going with dwc for a grow and if all goes well I will definitely venture into RDWC after that.

Zkittle Breathe seeds went into germ last night so I’ll post more when they show up. Thanks again folks!!!

A5B3E53D 448E 4A59 9F1C 42838C7AD756
S

Simplicio

The Deep Water Culture strategy of growing plants right in the nute solution is the simplest method.
The more pipes, pumps, etc, the more there is to go wrong.
The KISS method is a single, large DWC reservoir for all the plants.

Kpc0721

Kpc0721

Thank you for the replies everyone. It means a lot when you all post on my questions so quickly. Going with dwc for a grow and if all goes well I will definitely venture into RDWC after that.

Zkittle Breathe seeds went into germ last night so I’ll post more when they show up. Thanks again folks!!!

I started in soil and organics to really learn about the plant and once I was comfortable I went to DWC. I liked it but was a pain in the ass to run up to 20seperate buckets at a time..never again lol. Then I decided to try DTW with rockwool, it was good but unless you have a nice timer that can feed in seconds it isn’t all that great and it makes your plant count much higher.

Just built the RDWC that @heisenbubble did a thread on. I have to say the RDWC system has been the best so far for me. It’s super simple to build and run and the results have been stellar. DTW is great if you have right equipment to run multiple feedings a day and don’t care about plant count, but RDWC is the way to go if you want lower plant numbers with awesome results.

H

heisen

I started in soil and organics to really learn about the plant and once I was comfortable I went to DWC. I liked it but was a pain in the ass to run up to 20seperate buckets at a time..never again lol. Then I decided to try DTW with rockwool, it was good but unless you have a nice timer that can feed in seconds it isn’t all that great and it makes your plant count much higher.

Just built the RDWC that @heisenbubble did a thread on. I have to say the RDWC system has been the best so far for me. It’s super simple to build and run and the results have been stellar. DTW is great if you have right equipment to run multiple feedings a day and don’t care about plant count, but RDWC is the way to go if you want lower plant numbers with awesome results.
Once u get a chiller you'll sleep better at night

Kpc0721

Kpc0721

Once u get a chiller you'll sleep better at night

That I will, but going to see if I can make it throuh this run without one. I’ll try and get a pic of the roots tomorrow but kind of hard with the trellis, but so far they look great. My temps have been steady around 75-77 too lol.

Kpc0721

Kpc0721

I DIYed F & D a long time ago, but I may still get this system as it makes so much sense

https://greenenvysupply.com/brand/oxygen-pot-systems/

That looks nice but the only thing that I could see happening with small lines is possible clogs. For $3-400 you could build yourself a system similar to the undercurrents which is what heisenbubbles system replicates. I get if you want the convenience of not having to do much besides unbox and assemble.

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
I rn a recirculating top drip system. With perlite/hydroton mix. In a hempy stlye

H

heisen

That looks nice but the only thing that I could see happening with small lines is possible clogs. For $3-400 you could build yourself a system similar to the undercurrents which is what heisenbubbles system replicates. I get if you want the convenience of not having to do much besides unbox and assemble.
That system is just a glorified ebb n flow with cool colors.titans ebb is way better cause you. An adjust to cut off pump.that thing ain't worth the plastic it was made with.rdwc FTW

Top Bottom