best led under$250

• Thread starter mckoomer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mckoomer

mckoomer

Looking for light for 3x3ish space
I want to upgrade from giixer1000(100w+/-)
I was looking at spider farmer1000
Any info would be appreciated

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looking for light for 3x3ish space
I want to upgrade from giixer1000(100w+/-)
I was looking at spider farmer1000
Any info would be appreciated
That’s what I currently use and no complaints as of now.

mckoomer

mckoomer

I just want to get better yield but I will still use it for supplemental light

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Hgl or kingbrite

don’t buy a cheap light. Ask me how I know..??

idk how long, if, whatever about shipping would be with kingbrite

but there’s some many good hlg options. They are not cheap but with a 3x3 small home grow it will put out and will not cause heat issues

cottageman

cottageman

If you want to save some money go the diy route, there’s kits or you can build your own and it’ll save you some money without sacrificing quality

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
You can get hlg boards on Amazon 4x at $130 I believe. And a driver to push them for $40-50. I don't know about right now with everything going on though.
I run 8 to cover half a 4x6 room. Easy to do with some basic electric knowledge. Or you tube. Lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

All the info you need is right here on The farm ! There’s so many light threads floating around here you would think it’s a virus. Lol anyhow you can find all dyi stuff here. Just don’t let others personal feeling influence your needs.

mckoomer

mckoomer

All the info you need is right here on The farm ! There’s so many light threads floating around here you would think it’s a virus. Lol anyhow you can find all dyi stuff here. Just don’t let others personal feeling influence your needs.
Thanks I was just being lazy. But I now have lots of time to kill.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

From what I can tell the SF is a quality light at a very reasonable price

I especially like the multi-spectrum diodes they use and the Meanwell driver is top notch

The SF 2000 fits your space better though

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

You can get hlg boards on Amazon 4x at $130 I believe. And a driver to push them for $40-50. I don't know about right now with everything going on though.
I run 8 to cover half a 4x6 room. Easy to do with some basic electric knowledge. Or you tube. Lol

what heatsink and driver do u use ??

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
what heatsink and driver do u use ??
I run 2 drivers, they are different for now til I order 2nd. I have the QB 132's so no need for a heat sink, they don't get over 80-85F. As long as there is good fan in the room. I also ran long cords and put drivers on exterior of room.

-MEAN WELL Single Output Switchable Power Supply, 349.2W 36V 9.7A - LRS-350-36, found it on Amazon. Have it running 4 in parallel, and not running full power.

-MEAN WELL HLG-240h-c2100a pushing other 4 in a parallel/series configuration. Driver is maxed out but boards are not.
IMG 20200322 131145122 HDR
IMG 20200322 131316023

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Don’t they need a heatsink for 70 watts +

??
No, not for the QB132. Even says on HLG website, up to 75watts no sink needed.

But the idea with QB's are to have more boards at an equal spread. This is to eliminate any low PAR areas and to create an even overlap.
Running the boards at or near max is not using them efficiently. Having more boards with a complete even canopy cover, only running at 60-75% power. Is more efficient than running less boards at a higher wattage. But then we get into photon densities and it goes on and on.
Also much less wear and heat stress on equipment for longevity.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

But the idea with QB's are to have more boards at an equal spread. This is to eliminate any low PAR areas and to create an even overlap.
Running the boards at or near max is not using them efficiently. Having more boards with a complete even canopy cover, only running at 60-75% power. Is more efficient than running less boards at a higher wattage. But then we get into photon densities and it goes on and on.

70 and 75 are too far apart
If u push them to 350, whet do u plan to cool them?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

im looking into doing exactly this

but I’m kicking tires over strip based lights or 2-3 small hlg panels.

DenzlFregren

DenzlFregren

If your handy Quantum Boarda has some great stuff and cant customize to fit any size grow and budget. Qb v1 are on sale. Could grab a few of those and a proper driver for under 250.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I already have a old 135w kit. And a qp96 w a 185w driver

I really want a 12x24-30 inch strip setup with some watts for coverage but that’s a lot of work.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
70 and 75 are too far apart
If u push them to 350, whet do u plan to cool them?
The QB 132 max at 75w per board, that is why no heat sink needed. They just have a thick back plate. I just have an oversized driver that I run turned down.

Top Bottom