Best mite killer!

• Thread starter mc_lazy_is
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mc_lazy_is

ok so i have been battling mites for the past 2 weeks and as soon as i seem to have gotten rid of them they keep coming back. I know these mites are persistent little bastard so i just want to know what all of you think is the best mite killer? Not mite preventative or mite control, im talkin mite KILLER! Im currently rotating Organicide and Azamax. And i recently got a sample bottle of the sns217 that im going to try out. I have a really crowded canopy and am still in veg and they are just not going away. Ive heard of people using Azamax as a systemic soil drench, would this kill the 2 spotted mites? SOMEONE HELP ME......

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I copied this from another forum. The brother gives some very good info. Another tip is to put a couple small pots of cilantro in your grow room. It repels spider mites so you don't have to fight with them.

"AloHigh, Da borg are evil! I had to learn this on my own, but my gift to anyone.
For 6 years I had no problem because I would spray my girls heavy with pyrethrins at the very time that I would take them from the veg room to the flower room, and before hand every couple weeks while in the veg room. Then I remember the one time I didn't because, well , maybe I got lazy, or never had the borg, except for a few now and then, (a good grower always flips over deir leaves to check and the squishes dooes evil bastardeios) and since I never had an infestiation, I had no idea how bad it could be.
BE DILIGENT!
So now I know, and I use a 3 prong defense/attack. Use your pyrethrins (natural from hybiscus or orleander) while your ladies are in veg. Pyrethrins will kill the adults. Then, if you have an infestation, Forbid or Judo will kill the juviniels and eggs. With the Judo you only spray the leaf tops, cause its a transmutational and will penetrate the leaves. These 2, which are the same but different names, takes about 2 weeks to see results, so its better to kill the adults first with pyrethrins. So now your 2 weeks into flower and if you see any more borg, hit em hard, tops and bottoms of leaves and stems with Floromite SC, Floromite kills em dead, so HellBoy told me. You need to make a fresh batch of Floromite, because it doesn't keep or store. Floromite them before week 3, cause it takes 4 weeks for Floromite to completely degrade enough for human consumption. So the average hybrid is what? An 8 week strain, so there you have an extra week to be safe. Actually its better to hit em hard before you go into flower stage, but the specs say 4 weeks. Then, since your fighting the borg, you might want to give the girls a couple extra weeks of flush and give the miteisides extra time to degrade.
When I spray, I always use PPE- personal protective equipment. Respirator, coveralls, boots, gloves, booney hat, goggles. Then wet mop the floor in closet and outside of closet floor, don't want my precious Ozee-dog to walk in reminents.
So, if you rotate with 3 differents borg killers, they won't be able to become resistant to any one because they will be dead. Most miteisides' directions say to use 3 different chemical approaches so the borg don't become immune to D.E.A.T.H. (as per Uni speak)
peace and good luck. Feel free to add info or correct me. Potpots "

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's a great post by potpots, Rocky.

Since they're still in veg, I suggest you raise the humidity up to around 70%. I fully believe that it was the high humidity in my flowering room that prevented the infestation that hit my veg-table. Two treatments with Avid did the trick for those girls.

That said, pay attention to what potpots says about rotating treatments, or you'll come up with resistant Borg.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
That sns217 is supposed to be pretty good. A few peeps on here have said they liked it. Only downfall may be that large full canopy, makes it hard to hit everything and those little fuggers may survive.

devious d

devious d

HI GUYS CANADIAN EXPRESS DO A GOOD ORGANIC ONE THAT CAN BE USED UP TO HARVEST, BUT IN VEG I USE GENIUS OIL NEEM OIL WHAT STAGE ARE YOU AT ? I DIP MY CLONES REGARDLESS HAD THEM TO MANY TIMES NOT TO AND SEEN THE DAMAGE THEY CAN DO:help: ANYWAY CANADIAN EXPRESS ONE IS SPRAY SAFE VERY GOOD.:party0044:

B

blahman

I wouldn't recommend avid. Some nasty stuff. I also created a super mite with it. I had very large plants and sprayed 3 times. I thought I had them. But my next grow they came back with a vengence. Now they are pretty much immune to avid. A spray of neem oil once a week keeps them under control until late in flower. I mean under control, I can't seem to get rid of them completely.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I will have to agree with everyone else. Floramite is the stuff you want. I never had issues with mites till I moved to Humboldt. Boy, did I get a big surprise with the famous two spotted mite.

Long story short. Got some floramite and used it as instructed. Those little suckers GONE. Don't waste your money on anything else. Hopefully you don't live in cali and have to get it from someone that get's it illegally, because it's not sold here legally.

You can get it off of ebay in smaller bottles also.
Good luck,
BG

L

l0g1c4l

Apparently it takes four weeks for the chems to dissipate for healthy human consumption. Now that is according to the folks who make it... Though I dont trust'em, I dont think its safe to use any hardcore bug spray after 2 or 3 week of flowering, especially with early finishers.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I've used hot shots no pest strips hung up in my room and that does the job for about 3 weeks untill the strips wear off. Dichlorvos is some nasty stuff (the main ingredient) so be careful. read the warnings about dichlorvos. I would only use these as a last resort.

I have had good success dumping a full tank of co2 in my room every week untill harvest. Get your breathing pets and people out of the house for an hour or two when you do this. the mites never seem to gain enough strength to come back if you do the co2 method every week. If you're late into flower and can't use sprays and don't want to use dichlorvos (I really would not, serious last resort) try dumping co2 every week untill harvest. then floromite any new plants that come in the room and spray the room down with bleach to kill any eggs off.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good points Mr. Sputnik. My son's in SoCal and has an ever-present problem with mites. He finally turned to CO2 to put a dent in their populations. He says the technique comes with many caveats.

It won't kill eggs. You must get the ppm's high enough for it to work, and that's problematic in his growing area and can be for many others, and it's rather dangerous to use because of how CO2 behaves.
FLORAMITE you wont need anything else I haven;t had a mite in 5 years after starting using this

I wouldn't recommend avid. Some nasty stuff. I also created a super mite with it. I had very large plants and sprayed 3 times. I thought I had them. But my next grow they came back with a vengence. Now they are pretty much immune to avid. A spray of neem oil once a week keeps them under control until late in flower. I mean under control, I can't seem to get rid of them completely.
If folks take the time to do just a little bit of reading (especially the MSDS), they would know that none of these products are panaceas. Out here we have Floramite resistant mites. There are also Avid resistant mites. Both products outline very clearly that they are to be used in rotation with at *least* one other miticide. A three-pronged attack is best.

I used Avid once and all mites were dead. I used it a second time just to be sure. If I have problems again, I will go with Azatrol or Floramite, I have all three on hand along with a stash of personal protective gear comprised of a respirator, heavy water-proof gloves, a paper suit and booties.

M

mc_lazy_is

i was thinking about getting some floramite but it sounds like some pretty scary toxic stuff. Im not growing organically or anything but i still dont want chemicals on my plants. How long does floramite take to wear off completely?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My bottle is downstairs, you'd have to look up the white sheet. All three of the products that I mentioned must be handled with care. If I recollect, the Floramite instructions say no workers are to enter treated areas for 12hrs post. But that's just for human safety.

J

jakehowdy

I spray with Avid in Veg. Never flower. I hang Hot shot pest strips that kill all flying and crawling bugs, and they happen to last for 4 months each. Works great, just remember to go back and spray after 3 days cause thats when their eggs hatch and they're back!

B

Boots Sugarleaf

yep, floramite.

I am in California and can get it easily, my local farm store sells it over the counter. I do not think they are supposed to though. and some grow shops will sell small ounce vials.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

If folks take the time to do just a little bit of reading (especially the MSDS), they would know that none of these products are panaceas. Out here we have Floramite resistant mites. There are also Avid resistant mites. Both products outline very clearly that they are to be used in rotation with at *least* one other miticide. A three-pronged attack is best.

good point about rotation. I like neem and floramite, Avid has also been successful but I am sold on Floramite

but, if you have a clean room and maintain clean habits and always quarantine new arrivals then one real treatment, maybe two, of floramite or avid should work successfully

nor cal does have some damn strong spidermites!

C

CHILKaT

There is no resistance to Phytoseiulus persimilis but require humidity around 60%. There are no chemical residues. Not harmful to plants or humans and they finish themselves off when done with the spider mites. Lower humidity levels will accommodate Mesoseiulus longipes, or Neoseiulus californicus. End of problem. :evilgrin0040:

Top Bottom