Best organic pesticides for outdoor cannabis grow

• Thread starter Crazyman1212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

This question is for successful outdoor growers in northern Ontario. I mainly do indoor grows but enjoy trying my hands at outdoor growing every summer. The last 4 outdoor grows all failed. Caterpillars and Ants are my biggest issue. I grow strictly organic and want to stay away from any chemical pest control. Do any outdoor grows have a very effective defense system to protect their grows using organic pest control sprays and even some predatory insects that I could add or attract to my garden bed.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

This question is for successful outdoor growers in northern Ontario. I mainly do indoor grows but enjoy trying my hands at outdoor growing every summer. The last 4 outdoor grows all failed. Caterpillars and Ants are my biggest issue. I grow strictly organic and want to stay away from any chemical pest control. Do any outdoor grows have a very effective defense system to protect their grows using organic pest control sprays and even some predatory insects that I could add or attract to my garden bed.
Dr. Zymes is good stuff and totally organic

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I am not in your area but I like to use a product called "Pure Spray Green" for bug prevention in veg. It is just a mineral oil that drowns bugs. Works great.

mancorn

mancorn

For worms use a Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) product - early and often. (Bunch of different brands.) The product breaks down quickly in sun and needs to be consumed by the worm, so best to spray in the evening since it so short-lived. You’ll also want to start early in the season as the months/butterflies will come in waves over the growing season. If you don’t knock them back now, you’ll have no chance in Aug/Sept. And since the product needs to be eaten by the worm, it is totally ineffective if the plant is flowering and the worm is safely incased in the bud. During veg the tiny worms will often silk up the growing tip or roll up the leaf to protect itself from predators and once again the spray won’t get in this area, so make sure to inspect and open any glued up leaves.

The only time I’ll see ants is if they’re milking aphids or other bug, so they themselves aren’t a big problem. But you’ll need to see what’s attracting the ants and then kill those bugs. Normally the aphids can be taken care of with soaps or oils.

Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

thanks for all the replies everyone. You have give me a good base to start for this new season.

DRan88

DRan88

Dr. Zymes works for me. I live in Northern Ontario aswell , it was hard to find but
this website shipped to Canada for me.
www.dealzer.com

Top Bottom