Best Ph for Hydroponics RDWC

• Thread starter Tubilcain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tubilcain

Tubilcain

Just curious what everyone is running there ph at? Is there any benefit changing/lowering when flowering?

Tubilcain

Tubilcain

Thanks for the response. I had been running 6.0 to 6.3. But I am re accessing everything in an effort to maximize. I seen a chart that got me thinking about it. I have been googling for an hour. Found more then one spot including ILGM saying 5.5 to 5.8. The nutrient uptake chart that kind of makes sense. But by looking at the chart. I was wondering If I shouldn't be dropping to 5.8 in flower. Then I found sources saying 5.5 to 5.8 for hydro. So today I am deep in the PH rabbit hole.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

View attachment 1089043Thanks for the response. I had been running 6.0 to 6.3. But I am re accessing everything in an effort to maximize. I seen a chart that got me thinking about it. I have been googling for an hour. Found more then one spot including ILGM saying 5.5 to 5.8. The nutrient uptake chart that kind of makes sense. But by looking at the chart. I was wondering If I shouldn't be dropping to 5.8 in flower. Then I found sources saying 5.5 to 5.8 for hydro. So today I am deep in the PH rabbit hole.
What's up doc lol so look at your chart now the fundamentals of the plants life cycle but I use clones but still ok for seeds should be ..I start my ph 5,3 first 3 4 weeks as on will come out pot at 5.5 at 5.3 they get the trace elements iron and cal mag which u need first then rest grow in 5.4 5.5 as the plant needs trace elements to processes N plus a 200 litre drum on can rise a little so it runs through a couple of ph values then flower 5.8 so it can take up cal mag and some N first 3 weeks and after that you can go 5.9 6.0 for 2 weeks for P intake then 6.0 for week and half then go 6.3 for last run for the K for resin production and turps as PH will come ot 6.5 plus the lower the plant pumps out more slim stuff to protect roots and feed the enzymes that hang around

airedog

airedog

Supporter
I run the AN pH Perfect version of base nutes, they're chelated and heavily buffered, so no pH adjustment is supposed to be necessary as they will work over a wider pH range. However, in mid to late flower, like many other RDWC growers, i find that pH drops wildly, necessitating pH adjustment as the plants suck back potassium faster than late stage bloom boosters can replace it. Another member here recommended potassium bicarbonate and it has worked well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah quality chelates make a big difference. Most allow good availability of micros with a ph under 6.5.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Plus if filtered water is used u have to boost back up the element a little with what the filters have taking out in filter as nutes are made to tap water

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

and nutes can have stabilizers so it will adjust it's self to set the ph and keep it longer at the ph value 👻🚂👍

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Actually AN recommends RO water, not syre about other companies.

Top Bottom