Best Ph for soil?????

• Thread starter Rushoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rushoe

Rushoe

Maintain a pH of 6.3 to 6.8 to prevent nutrient lock up and reduce stress on plants ...Got this from the fox farm nute page this is what they recommend what are u farmers using what ph should the water be when feeding soil?????

L

lil miss lone

I'll tell you personally what I do, and hope it helps you.

Right now where running a mix of about 1/3 soil, 1/3 mushroom compost (great stuff, but caution as it may cause runoff to read high ppms as it is nutrient rich) and 1/3 perlite, and when I pH the nute solution or water for the girls I pH to 6.0.

Rushoe

Rushoe

I'll tell you personally what I do, and hope it helps you.

Right now where running a mix of about 1/3 soil, 1/3 mushroom compost (great stuff, but caution as it may cause runoff to read high ppms as it is nutrient rich) and 1/3 perlite, and when I pH the nute solution or water for the girls I pH to 6.0.

Thanks for the reply..And for me all help is great help I am just starting out few runs under my belt so yeah...But I guess what I need to know is will the 6.0 work for me? I am just in Roots Organics soil with some added perlite and canna coco just a few hand fulls of each coco and perlite added. Or should I stick to the 6.3/6.8????

S

Surfr

Just try it out and check your soil run off...

:character0180:

M

mc_lazy_is

i like to keep my soil ph around 6.2-6.5 and i let it fluctuate to as low as 5.9 and as high as 6.7. Im no expert but this is what works for me.

Mud Man

Mud Man

man, the old Ph debate is an interesting one....

i have just hung up my Pen and i am trying a whole run without PH stressing..

i normally would.

6.0 for flush and for VEG

and then

6.3 to 6.4 and upwards when flipped..

This is from help from some guys on here,, everyone has there own ideas,.

Foxfarm does indeed say 6.4 and i think 6.4 is the average cool zone.. Every plant is slightly different.,.

maybe Look into getting some supersoil and making life easy with just watering and no mucking about with Ph pens..!

TCM doing things nice, excellent thread..

He aint using a PH PEN.... Good luck..

(roots give off Nitrogen into solution this increases ph)

Rushoe

Rushoe

I guess I am just gonna see what works better for me.Did a few runs with out ph outdoor and inside as well so I wanna see what difference it makes.Thanx you guys for all the help Gonna go with the 6.3/6.8 stay in between those two.

D

dican01

i have been using roots organic soil a long time now. a bag of roots organic soil will already have the ph you need. most soils have some kind of buffer to keep the ph stable. i only use reverse osmosis water (ph of 7.0) to water my plants. i messed around with ph pens and ph up and down for a couple of years and then realized that this was not necessary.
for my set up, i use roots organic soil, roots organic nutrients(and some other goodies), and reverse osmosis water. i never have to check ph anymore. what a waste of time! and how frustrating is it to get one of those ph pens to work right? the way i grow couldn't be simpler. i have never experienced any problems from this. this wouldn't work in hydro but it definitely works in soil. water is really important.
why buy all that stuff and spend all the time adjusting your ph when you don't even have to? hydro shops want to sell you more junk.
if you wanted some water to drink, would you get a glass of tap water and put some ph up or down in there to get it to a stable ph? NO. that doesn't remove the bad stuff. you would get a glass or bottle of good reverse osmosis water. i believe the quality of water you use has some effect on the overall quality and taste of your finished product.
if you grow in soil, i say get rid of your ph pen and start using RO water.

Rushoe

Rushoe

I do use Ro water cuz it's much easier to work with. I know the ph is all nice and set in the soil cuz it comes like that but I was just wondering about the ph of the water when u feed them I was wondering if there was a SET PH level for soil. I did a few outside with out ph and useing tap water came out just fine.I guess I need to c for me self so I am gonna stick to the plan I just want the best for my outlaw og I have in flower right now.

D

dican01

cool. around 6.5 has been proven best, give or take. for most vegetables too. indoors and out. whatever nutrients you use shouldn't be messing with the ph of the water too bad. i water with just RO sometimes too. i don't think the time spent balancing every batch of water you give them is worth it. in a recirculating system , it makes sense to balance ph. but if you grow with roots organics soil and RO water you really shouldn't need to.
your plants will let you know if the ph is out of balance too. nutrients become unavailable when the ph is too low or high. i have never experienced this with more than 5 years now without using a ph pen. by all means try it out and post your results. what nutrients do you use by the way?

C

cheyenne

Youve gotten alot of varying advice here but no one has pointed out that roots is coco based potting soil, and as ive found out recently, (thank you seamaiden), that that soil(less) type of medium works best at ph 5.8-6.2.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Youve gotten alot of varying advice here but no one has pointed out that roots is coco based potting soil, and as ive found out recently, (thank you seamaiden), that that soil(less) type of medium works best at ph 5.8-6.2.

Well, coco will naturally fall into that ph range, just like peat moss will continue to drop ph as it decomposes. A well built soil will stay in the 6.0-7.0 range and should not need to be adjusted during a grow. If you build a soil out of quality ingredients and add dolomite lime you really shouldn't need to worry about ph.

I don't worry or check my ph anymore, unless there are signs that something may be wrong which is rare now. If you concentrate on your soil and not additives you will be able to put your ph testing equipment aside and relax a bit more.:sun

Rushoe

Rushoe

cool. around 6.5 has been proven best, give or take. for most vegetables too. indoors and out. whatever nutrients you use shouldn't be messing with the ph of the water too bad. i water with just RO sometimes too. i don't think the time spent balancing every batch of water you give them is worth it. in a recirculating system , it makes sense to balance ph. but if you grow with roots organics soil and RO water you really shouldn't need to.
your plants will let you know if the ph is out of balance too. nutrients become unavailable when the ph is too low or high. i have never experienced this with more than 5 years now without using a ph pen. by all means try it out and post your results. what nutrients do you use by the way?

Foxfarm for now till my 3 gh nutes get here any day now.Been doing it for 5 years now with out checking the ph...koo I would love to see some pics.If can plz post them up to show the example of what it looks like with out phing.

Rushoe

Rushoe

are u saying the soil has more coco init then actual soil????and I added some myself.I would have to use more of the ph I would use for coco???

D

DaWiz

Been doing it for 5 years now with out checking the ph...koo I would love to see some pics.If can plz post them up to show the example of what it looks like with out phing.
Took the words right out of my mouth!! lol!:tongue0011:

M

makasinner

Depending on the soils PH. Is how I would gear my nutrient water. Our water in LA county - is "hard-water." Which, is alkali at approx. 7.3PH. that is when my Nute H2o is PH'd to approx 6.2 - then, add the nutes... PH, record then pour untill you have "run-off" - collect this water and PH test it to see how much of a change has occurred... Then, adjust accordingly. I have always been acidic on my soils, and nutrients/ H2O. Ive had good results... Just a slightly acidic soil 6.5/6.8. Good Luck!

Makafarms

Alien88

Alien88

I guess I am just gonna see what works better for me.Did a few runs with out ph outdoor and inside as well so I wanna see what difference it makes.Thanx you guys for all the help Gonna go with the 6.3/6.8 stay in between those two.
Thats the numbers i stick to, and it works for me. Rarely ever see deficiency's.

Top Bottom