Best Place To Get Current Culture Parts

• Thread starter NightsWatch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Just wondering just pulled out a older UC 6 system that over time has lost parts etc and thinking its time to put her back to use

Anyone know a reasonable place to purchase UC bulk heads pipes and misc filters etc lids

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

PVC piping can be picked up locally. Maybe not at the big box stores (they often don't have the bigger sizes) but certainly at a good plumbing supply house. Uniseals are readily available on eBay as well as filters and tubing. Some things might only be available from Current Culture. I've never seen their 8 and 13 gallon buckets anywhere but on their site.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

PVC piping can be picked up locally. Maybe not at the big box stores (they often don't have the bigger sizes) but certainly at a good plumbing supply house. Uniseals are readily available on eBay as well as filters and tubing. Some things might only be available from Current Culture. I've never seen their 8 and 13 gallon buckets anywhere but on their site.
I understand that fully diy under current projects are all over the net .
at a cheaper price uni seals are cheap but they also tend to leak after time.
Its a accident waiting to happen.
8 - 13 gallon pails are not cheap if you want to go that route.. lids also were not cheap

But when you have 3/4 of parts for undercurrent system but missing few  i found a place
just trying to keep it complete

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

^^^^what he said probably cheapest online site if you don't have a good local hydro shop to order from

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

forget those uni seals and upgrade to the bulk heads never worry about leaks again.

Nice that is much better price for bulk heads 10 buck savings per
with others coming in might become a good soure for people looking to build or purhase anything ..

I 100 percent agree undercurrents prices are inflated with a high mark up.
But like any company they need to make some money

While back i searched for 8 gallon buckets and 13 gallon buckets i nearly shit at the cost of them alone this is just googling plastic bucket suppliers etc
its not wonder we see so many Rona or home depot pails in DWC lol compared to ones like undercurrent uses .

Personally i like the square bucket style allows for better stability , better bulk head placement ( with out leaks )

Thanks for the link going to order some extra bulk heads for possible extra modules in the future ..
have a friend working at a Hospital that has been saving these for me road salt so as winter approaches will have a shit load to even make some more seperate units maybe one for green house :) on solar tea based
IMG4193
IMG4303

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I understand that fully diy under current projects are all over the net .
at a cheaper price uni seals are cheap but they also tend to leak after time.
Its a accident waiting to happen.
8 - 13 gallon pails are not cheap if you want to go that route.. lids also were not cheap

But when you have 3/4 of parts for undercurrent system but missing few  i found a place
just trying to keep it complete

I've personally never had a uniseal fail on me after 2 years + of use in several rain water collection barrels. What specific parts are you looking for?

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I've personally never had a uniseal fail on me after 2 years + of use in several rain water collection barrels. What specific parts are you looking for?
You may be correct and have lucked out its all good ..
i was missing some bulkheads, and piping so as for piping that is a no brainer local plumbing shop.
but was more concerned with keeping the unit complete

would love to see your set up got any pictures ? what i your volume

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Agreed bulkheads for a win , kinda sucks walking into a flood and pumps running dry for how many Hrs
Yes uni seals are cheap and have there place..
we see it all the time people having issues
i prefer having something Full proof , i can sleep better at night ..
I JUST ORDERED 10 Under current bulkheads

Some growers don't care what there grow rooms look like and just grow .
Others try to better there rooms use better quality products etc etc

Like to thank sprocket with that link he sent

I like this Mars Dome project lol
Gallery 11738 4880 174418
Gallery 11738 4880 26708

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

You may be correct and have lucked out its all good ..
i was missing some bulkheads, and piping so as for piping that is a no brainer local plumbing shop.
but was more concerned with keeping the unit complete

would love to see your set up got any pictures ? what i your volume

Sorry, no pictures. My camera busted awhile back and I haven't replaced it yet. My setup is two UC8XL systems with a DIY 8 site RDWC veg system. 1/10 hp chillers on each, 30 gallon top offs on the UCs. Both UCs are lit with 2 Kind XL1000 LEDs each. One system has T5HO side lights and the other has strip LED side lights. Mini split heat pump, CO2 burner, RO with UV. Best yield so far was about .8 grams per watt.

Top Bottom