Best Practices for Achieving High Yield

• Thread starter Anthem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I think the amount of time you veg needs to be in that equation. Longer veg contributes to higher yield as well.
It is. I divided by 5 months which includes the week I hang dry in the tent too. 👍
Also, I did say "my goal" haha ...time will tell if I can make 1.5 g/w happen on this run 🤞

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
It is. I divided by 5 months which includes the week I hang dry in the tent too. 👍
Also, I did say "my goal" haha ...time will tell if I can make 1.5 g/w happen on this run 🤞
I didn’t mean u in general, just when getting the gpw I think everyone should take veg time into account. Your goal is dooable brotha. You will smash it.
happy grows

growsince79

growsince79

All,
I am interested in increasing yield. I am presently running LED's and CO2 enrichment. Nutrient line is Floramax and I am getting about 2.5 per light. How do you get over the 3 per light threshold?
Best I ever seen was 100 clones under 1000w hps grown in rockwool. Made 2.5 lbs in 85 days from cut. They were about 16" at harvest.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yeah again that will be strain, veg time, and plant count. N also has an effect on yield in flower. Don't cut it. For example 2k SE over a 4x8. Bubba cross ill pull 3.5ish. GMO ill pull 6ish. Genetics have a lot to do with it. Also, depending on plant count, defol and height have to be just right and training. I only top once and run 4 mains on a plant in 1 gals but only veg 2-3 weeks max cause of ceiling height and short veg since small pots. If I was vegging longer then that I wouldn't run 17 per table it would be way less and I would move to 2 gals.

Run the same strain over and over and mess with plant count and topping. That will steer you in the right direction. Once you get that nailed down on the pull start tweaking nutes. Those were the 2 factors that pushed yield the most for me. Run about 780-820 ppm (500 scale) in flower start to finish. Started getting better yields than when I was pushing over 1100 ppm on DTW.

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah again that will be strain, veg time, and plant count. N also has an effect on yield in flower. Don't cut it. For example 2k SE over a 4x8. Bubba cross ill pull 3.5ish. GMO ill pull 6ish. Genetics have a lot to do with it. Also, depending on plant count, defol and height have to be just right and training. I only top once and run 4 mains on a plant in 1 gals but only veg 2-3 weeks max cause of ceiling height and short veg since small pots. If I was vegging longer then that I wouldn't run 17 per table it would be way less and I would move to 2 gals.

Run the same strain over and over and mess with plant count and topping. That will steer you in the right direction. Once you get that nailed down on the pull start tweaking nutes. Those were the 2 factors that pushed yield the most for me. Run about 780-820 ppm (500 scale) in flower start to finish. Started getting better yields than when I was pushing over 1100 ppm on DTW.
Cemchris I am getting ready to run GMO in a few days. Have you seen any thing odd about the plants nutrient requirements? I have them about 18" tall right now and will drop them in this Saturday into and Ebb and Flow set up.

Anthem

Anthem

Best I ever seen was 100 clones under 1000w hps grown in rockwool. Made 2.5 lbs in 85 days from cut. They were about 16" at harvest.
I just do not have the time to tend to 100 plants. I can usually pull 2.5 lbs no problem in soil. I got tired of the soil being different quality when I would buy a new batch. As in the first time I purchased the stuff it was great and started to go downhill. So I figured Coco was worth a try. I had some really nice looking stuff but the yield really suffered. So I am presently switching to hydro. Kicking one off this Saturday with GMO.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Cemchris I am getting ready to run GMO in a few days. Have you seen any thing odd about the plants nutrient requirements? I have them about 18" tall right now and will drop them in this Saturday into and Ebb and Flow set up.

They triple in size when you flip them. Some of the most stretch I have dealt with. I basically top the clones once they all to the fifth node and flip. Ceilings are 91 in for me and if I veg longer they will grow past the lights.

Nute wise the are golden. Not picky.

growsince79

growsince79

I just do not have the time to tend to 100 plants. I can usually pull 2.5 lbs no problem in soil. I got tired of the soil being different quality when I would buy a new batch. As in the first time I purchased the stuff it was great and started to go downhill. So I figured Coco was worth a try. I had some really nice looking stuff but the yield really suffered. So I am presently switching to hydro. Kicking one off this Saturday with GMO.
In my experience, lots of small clones produce more than a few big ones time factored in. 85 days form cut. Grown 1 week after roots 16/8 then flip. This was 35 years ago. Today's lights are much better. 100 clones in a flood table is no more work than 4-5. If plant count limit is not a concern it's very productive.

Anthem

Anthem

They triple in size when you flip them. Some of the most stretch I have dealt with. I basically top the clones once they all to the fifth node and flip. Ceilings are 91 in for me and if I veg longer they will grow past the lights.

Nute wise the are golden. Not picky.
Thank You Cemchris

stltoed

stltoed

Grow in RDWC, and use a mono-silicic acid based Silica additive

Latest posts

Top Bottom