Best products to eliminate Russet Mites??

• Thread starter PizzaBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PizzaBob

PizzaBob

So what are the products you’ve had luck with. I’m interested in the zero residue for flower and the nuclear shit for mothers and early veg. I currently have Pylon for veg but not yet used. And just bought Grandevo but haven’t used yet.
I’m week from chop and they are not yet swarming the buds so just gonna let it ride. I plan to kick the temp up to 115 for 2 hours this weekend and again day of chop. But I let my guard down so now I’m resolved to killing these insidious bastards. The pic is from last grow. Not as bad this time but will get out of hand soon.

Best products to eliminate russet mites
sshz

sshz

I’m assuming you do not have webs, as Russets are one of the few that don’t spin webs. But they are also one of the hardest to get rid of.

It’s important to read all the labels of things you plan on spraying with because everything does not work with all kinds of mites. Some items are very specific.........and won’t harm Russets.

It’s also important to know many mites can live in the soil too, so make sure you treat the soil the same time you spray the plants. If not, they’ll be back in a jiffy.

UV-C light is now being used to kill mites, as it destroys there outer membrane. This is the wave of the future coming to a grow shop near you.

I hate to recommend anything to spray in flowering, as there’s almost nothing on the planet that won’t have a negative affect on buds but Nuke’m and PureCrop1 may be the safest, if applied properly.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

I’m assuming you do not have webs, as Russets are one of the few that don’t spin webs. But they are also one of the hardest to get rid of.

It’s important to read all the labels of things you plan on spraying with because everything does not work with all kinds of mites. Some items are very specific.........and won’t harm Russets.

It’s also important to know many mites can live in the soil too, so make sure you treat the soil the same time you spray the plants. If not, they’ll be back in a jiffy.

UV-C light is now being used to kill mites, as it destroys there outer membrane. This is the wave of the future coming to a grow shop near you.

I hate to recommend anything to spray in flowering, as there’s almost nothing on the planet that won’t have a negative affect on buds but Nuke’m and PureCrop1 may be the safest, if applied properly.
Thanks for the info. I have a big blue ozone generator that uses uv bulbs to create but I don’t recall the wavelength. I need to check the science on this. Very interesting if effective.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

And make no mistake these are by far the worst pest I’ve ever encountered. Partly because they are invisible even with a loop. Heck I had my 40X stereoscope trained on a single juvenile and an inexperienced grower friend passed right over it. I dipped whole plants into a bucket of 2x strength plant therapy and it did nothing. Here’s a pic of them when they get out of control. They will eat trichomes for fuck sakes

CB3B385C 3115 42E5 A0FF 64B2DD2FD985
sshz

sshz

I have a Big Blue Ozone generator too and they are perfect if you can figure out how to expose the light to the plants......

Mycriot

Mycriot

So what are the products you’ve had luck with. I’m interested in the zero residue for flower and the nuclear shit for mothers and early veg. I currently have Pylon for veg but not yet used. And just bought Grandevo but haven’t used yet.
I’m week from chop and they are not yet swarming the buds so just gonna let it ride. I plan to kick the temp up to 115 for 2 hours this weekend and again day of chop. But I let my guard down so now I’m resolved to killing these insidious bastards. The pic is from last grow. Not as bad this time but will get out of hand soon.
Avid and forbid worked for me. Usually stay away from harsh chemicals but I had a full infestation. Lost a lot of mothers and flowers. I sprayed once a week for 4 weeks and they’ve been gone for months now

sshz

sshz

Avid has a 1/2 life of 3 months, which means you are smoking it in your buds. It's not recommended or advised for marijuana and your children may grow into mutants.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Didn’t see they were almost finished. Id let them ride if you’re close to chop. I had spider mites in Nov from bringing in my outdoor and found out a month before chopping. I let them ride out and bud washed afterwards.
F8128649 BFD3 4AEE B139 F5E8F2E98976
ED1C6B19 1D7A 4722 A560 BC5A712886EE

I used green cleaner to rid them from my plants that were in veg.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Avid and forbid worked for me. Usually stay away from harsh chemicals but I had a full infestation. Lost a lot of mothers and flowers. I sprayed once a week for 4 weeks and they’ve been gone for months now
Abamectin (Avid) label says ornamentals but I think I seen it may have been updated for some food crops. But given the 1/2 life I would only use in early veg. If you had success that’s good. I was actually thinking about that first then Pylon.
But hopefully no one is spraying this on flowers.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Abamectin (Avid) label says ornamentals but I think I seen it may have been updated for some food crops. But given the 1/2 life I would only use in early veg. If you had success that’s good. I was actually thinking about that first then Pylon.
Ok thanks for the half-life info. I was about to buy and use in early veg but having second thoughts. Need to research more. Pylon may be the best nuclear option. It’s approved food crops and is not systemic.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Didn’t see they were almost finished. Id let them ride if you’re close to chop. I had spider mites in Nov from bringing in my outdoor and found out a month before chopping. I let them ride out and bud washed afterwards. View attachment 1104157View attachment 1104156

I used green cleaner to rid them from my plants that were in veg.
spider mites will fuck you up in flower but they’re easy to kill. Russet/hemp mites are the hardest thing I’ve ever encountered.

sshz

sshz

Avid is systemic, which means it is carried throughout the plant and will show up when buds are tested......... it's not just about spraying the buds. High humidity and lower temps will slow down the egg production too, along with spraying water on the leaves.

sshz

sshz

You are correct.........although not systemic, it is translaminar and will penetrate the leaf surface to provide 2-3 weeks of residual control. Fact remains though, it’s not a good choice for pot growing.

Fuckingatodeaso

Fuckingatodeaso

In veg it is fine. The label states it must be reapplied several times for some mites because the new growth will not have reservoirs of the product. Don't smoke fan leaves that were treated 2 or 3 months ago. It has gotten a bad rap because fools use it in flowering. Being translaminar it doesn't move up and down the plant like imidacloprid or kontos for example. Many have reported using it in veg to get rid of a problem and testing clean.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Well I can report that ozone had zero affect on russet mites. Got room to 120 and then held at 110 for an hour plus. It killed the ones that were on exposed leaves and killed some in the buds but at most 50%.
But it it will also damage your plants to the point where they will be done. So basically nothing works if you’re in late flower. I chopped em. Will only get 1/2 of what I should have bet hey...I let my guard down and they fucked me.
So this time I’ll be vigilant. Doing a pylon dunk this weekend and repeat in 7 days. Debating on a pylon TR in the room as the little guys are probably everywhere. From there it’ll likely be sulfur until mid flower when the pistils start rocking. After mid flower I guess I just hope there aren’t any eggs on the plants and if I get a stray here or there they won’t have time to cause damage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom