Best products to eliminate Russet Mites??

• Thread starter PizzaBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wallflower

Wallflower

I just tried 1oz lost coast and 1oz alcohol per gallon, but it didn't work. Everything still turned a bronze color and looks dried out.

Mrb53

Mrb53

Have you tried @Frankster
Dr Frankenstein's Bio-stimulant? One of the side effects is Crop Cleanse - When It comes in contact with THC, it basically “scrubs” it, but leaves no residue, in fact, it removes residue. Prevents and kills ANY type of mildew. I use this to wash ALL MY OUTDOOR plants before drying
here is a link to a full description..the web site is NOT READY for prime-time, a work in progress but the product is listed there with a good description
https://castle-frankenstein.com/its-alive/dr-frankensteins-bio-animation-spray-bio-stimulant-fungicide-insecticide-surfactant

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Can any Farmers here recommend a good concoction for washing buds? Is dead russet mites and I know there's still some live ones it'd be nice if they died at the same time the buds get washed. I know people use alcohol to a degree but really I just want to wash the crap up these flowers and then dry them put them all in a crate and dunk them

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Damn! Ok so I think I figured out what was making my small brain swim!!
Russet mites damage can look exactly like rot, mold damage. Areas I thought had dead mites had live and squirming ones living only on the extreme front line. It's been a little bit now and all I could find were dead dried out ones...
Until now..
Can they spread it where a grower needs to worry about insult to injury? Ty Y

Mrb53

Mrb53

Damn! Ok so I think I figured out what was making my small brain swim!!
Russet mites damage can look exactly like rot, mold damage. Areas I thought had dead mites had live and squirming ones living only on the extreme front line. It's been a little bit now and all I could find were dead dried out ones...
Until now..
Can they spread it where a grower needs to worry about insult to injury? Ty Y
MOLD spreads like a bad bad strain of flu. Spores are microscopic and natures intent is for them to get everywhere...it is the sole purpose of spores
Tools, lights, fans, exhaust / intake tubes,surfaces, clothing, hands...on and on
this is why disinfecting becomes such a ritual for many growers becasue once a site gets contaminated...got to call in the HAZMAT team (basically us with chems to get it under control)
This is why IO like @Frankster stuff so much. Had a friend with continuous mold for 6 mos no matter what he did. 2 weeks of spraying and mold was gone. 6 mos later it resurfaced but by then he figured out it had to do with his rh, ventilation and trimming abilities. Another 1 week spray, under control, got the VPD chart and acclimated his crop to it, no more mold

Txconnection405

Txconnection405

I'm figuring out that not all sulfur is equal. I just got some cosavet df sulfur which is the same as microthiol disperss sulfur (I talked to the rep he confirmed that they're the same product it's all made in india). It sticks better than stuff like hiyield or bonide and has smaller more active microns. I sprayed today for the first time with it I'll keep you informed. It doesn't need a wetting agent and it stays mixed and won't settle in the sprayer like others. It's obvious while spraying it sticks better. I've heard from 3 different ppl now that it's the one that works. If it does ill post a new thread too.

KeystoneHempNursery

KeystoneHempNursery

Making the Cut
Supporter
So what are the products you’ve had luck with. I’m interested in the zero residue for flower and the nuclear shit for mothers and early veg. I currently have Pylon for veg but not yet used. And just bought Grandevo but haven’t used yet.
I’m week from chop and they are not yet swarming the buds so just gonna let it ride. I plan to kick the temp up to 115 for 2 hours this weekend and again day of chop. But I let my guard down so now I’m resolved to killing these insidious bastards. The pic is from last grow. Not as bad this time but will get out of hand soon.
Grandevo & trifecta crop control. Solacure Flower Power UVB supplement lights.

EMC2

EMC2

Question on using sulfur and oils.

if I’ve been using oils (lost coast, purecrop1) do I have to wait the 14-21 days before applying micronized sulfur? Or is the wait period only after applying sulfur?

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Question on using sulfur and oils.

if I’ve been using oils (lost coast, purecrop1) do I have to wait the 14-21 days before applying micronized sulfur? Or is the wait period only after applying sulfur?
The directions I’ve read say no sulfur after oils - wait about 2 or 3 weeks to apply sulfur from last oil. Maybe others can confirm.

Top Bottom