Best, quickest way to higher soil ph??

• Thread starter BigBud09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBud09

BigBud09

Best, quickest way to raise soil ph?

Hey y'all im new to the grow scene, I have a problem with my soil the ph is too low I have been giving them around 6.6-7.0 ph my runoff water is about 3.3 whats the quickest way to make the soil ph higher??

R

ReelBusy1

Hydrated lime
not dolomite, takes to long to leach into the soil.
HL in the water and sprinkled on top of your soil too to water in.
Good luck
:fixed:

BigBud09

BigBud09

:dance:cool0010:Thanks how much HL should i put in each gallon of water??, how much on top soil?? its definitely HL not DL ive heard DL works good??

W

WilliamsWonder

You shouldn't try to fix your ph problem all in one day. It's better to do it over a few days or so. If you don't want to use the lime you can use ph up and ph down.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

:worried
Is Hydrated lime the stuff you use for cement???

I've been wondering this also. Anyone know the difference between "hydrated lime" and calcium hydroxide?

Because I have a ton of this stuff left over from my reef aquarium. It is labeled kalkwasser but it is pure calcium hydroxide. I do know that a couple of teaspoons per gallon of water will give you a saturated solution with high calcium levels and an even higher ph. Usually around a ph of 12. :worried You would NOT want to put that directly into your soil. But it would be simple to dilute the solution to a useable ph with more plain water.

W

WilliamsWonder

I would only use Dolomite lime. But you really need to mix the dolomite lime in your soil before you plant anything in your growing medium. I haven't really had any experience with hydrated lime or calcium hydroxide.

B

BudGood

As one user said, it is not good to change your PH too drastically in one day. If you use Hydrated Lime, be VERY careful with it, I've seen people kill plants with it from careless usage, FYI.

Latest posts

Top Bottom